advertisement

What are you listening to right now #4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was - Living Colour - Time's Up

(Tony - new copy of this required if you can find one please - no price limit)

Currently watching - Bright Eyes - Live from Paradiso on Fabchannel.

(Tony - new copy of this required if you can find one please - no price limit)

I'm sure I've seen a copy of that somewhere recently, unfortunately I have absolutely no idea where! Will keep an eye out.

Tony.

Cheers Tony

Bright Eyes? Take themselves far too seriously. Not my cup of tea at all.

Now watching - Living Colour Live from Paradiso again - Astonishing stuff. Just how tight can you get?

Fish Finger sandwiches and a glass of Chardonnay - doesn't get much beddah than this

Originally posted by Swami Pete
Now watching - Living Colour Live from Paradiso again - Astonishing stuff. Just how tight can you get?

Vernon Reid is a monster. Not my style of guitar, but respect nonetheless.

Pass the salad cream, won't you please?

Not that I consider this a competition but I'm more interested in watching Will Cahouns' trechnique on the skins- unfuckingbelievable. Man.

That's odd

I'm lissenin to B-Movie - Girl Scout Heroin

Love the Bassline

Need more practice........

Rod Stewart, Gasoline Alley. Stop sniggering at the back, it's a great record, a Faces album in all but name.

-- Ian

Sun Ra: singles, disc 2

A jukebox from an alternative universe. Eccentrically Splendid mix of jazz, R and B, Blues and avant silliness. Love it.

Kevin

Was : Vivaldi's Cello Concerto's (rec'd from the recent Vivaldi thread)

Is : The La's : The La's (still sounding very good, 15 years on)

Originally posted by kasperhauser
Crabby Appleton – Crabby Appleton

Picked up on vinyl for a dollar. I've never heard it. I'm a little afraid.
Actually enjoyed this very much, for the most part.

now playing: John Renbourn – Sir John Alot

will be: John Renbourn & Stefan Grossman – Under the Volcano

Originally posted by kjb
Sun Ra: singles, disc 2

A jukebox from an alternative universe. Eccentrically Splendid mix of jazz, R and B, Blues and avant silliness. Love it.

One of my favourite records EV-AH!

NP: The sound of ringing in my ears. I've had tinnitus for a couple of days, came on without any warning, no particular reason that I'm aware of. I hope it goes, it's fecking irritating. Never had it before.

-- Ian

Originally posted by sideshowbob
I've had tinnitus for a couple of days, came on without any warning, no particular reason that I'm aware of. I hope it goes, it's fecking irritating. Never had it before.

Bummer. Lots of possible causes; too much caffeine is a common one. Or allergies. Or a bunch of medications, including aspirin.

Don't drink much caffeine or take medication. But I know sometimes these things just happen. If it doesn't go in a few days I'll see a doctor, but hopefully it's nothing serious. It woke me up at about 4am this morning, a humming in my left ear that was so loud it drove me nuts. Ageing sucks.

-- Ian

Robben Ford – Discovering the Blues (collection of live tracks)

will be:

Indigo Girls - going to their outdoor concert tonight at Secret House Winery. Intimate setting, great music, great weather, a bottle of wine, and a lovely companion. Not much missing there.

Mal Waldron, Eric Dolphy, Booker Ervine, Ron Carter (on cello, no less), Joe Benjamin, Charlie Persip - The Quest Pulsating... Dolphy and Ervine complement each other very well I think. Is Waldron underrated.. I suspect so.
Next up Gigi Gryce and Don Byrd - new formulas from the jazz lab
Later Horace Silver and some more trane

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back