advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current task is refelting the shed roof. I’m taking it at a leisurely pace, as there were rotten eaves to replace first. I started yesterday afternoon and hope I might finish tomorrow. So far I have managed to drill into the back of my hand and have countless smears of blood on my arms from encounters with the hawthorn hedge. If Social Services saw me they might be concerned that I have started self-harming. And as soon as I’ve patched up the trifling glass cut I’ll be ready to lay the first piece of felt.

The current task is refelting the shed roof. I’m taking it at a leisurely pace, as there were rotten eaves to replace first. I started yesterday afternoon and hope I might finish tomorrow. So far I have managed to drill into the back of my hand and have countless smears of blood on my arms from encounters with the hawthorn hedge. If Social Services saw me they might be concerned that I have started self-harming. And as soon as I’ve patched up the trifling glass cut I’ll be ready to lay the first piece of felt.

elderly people really need to take care of themselves.... My Dad (82) told me yesterday that he'd managed to impale the fleshy bit between thumb and forefinger with a bamboo cane whilst working in the green house. 6 stitches.....

Messing around moving my speakers by 5mm and convincing myself it sounds different. Three hours later, I am convinced it sounds sweeter. Until the next time.

I have also had a rewarding hour with my daughter, helping her to set up her stereo

(old Japanese direct drive deck with an AT 95 on it, Technics AA amplifier that must be nearly 30 yrs. old, arcam alpha 7 cd player and my old IMF ALS 40 II speakers (with the old wheeled stands, that lean the speaker back a bit). Some 90 strand speaker wire from donkeys ago)

She is pleased with it, and it sounds better than it did at her old house (speakers were in the wrong place)

Even more pleasing was hearing her playing (very) loud music with her windows open from next door :)

That's ma girl.

Promo art for my next single, my 3rd recorded during Lockdown.

y4sm554c

Last edited:

As Squire don't you have a trusty villager to do upkeep works on MB Tower ?
My father was good at these sort of things but I inherited none of those genes and have learnt that changing a plug is the limit of my diy skills.

As Squire don't you have a trusty villager to do upkeep works on MB Tower ?
My father was good at these sort of things but I inherited none of those genes and have learnt that changing a plug is the limit of my diy skills.
But then I would have missed the chance to nod in a fraternal way at another chap at the tip yesterday who also had armfuls of knackered felt, several bandages and a missing body part or two.

Anyhoo, as it is a boiling hot day, I did a short field hobble early on.

Having a couple of pain issues and haven't been exercising as much as I should.
This has a consequence of the issues exacerbating.

My normal physio is in a swimming pool, which I haven't been able to access since March.
It is a shallow pool with easy access steps/ramp etc.

Extra analgesia, too hot outside, wife has gone for her first haircut since February.

It might be beer o'clock soon. That sort of day.

In a weird moment, I picked out a Rolling Stones album from 1975 'Made In The Shade' compilation.

I only have a few Stones albums (and a few 60's singles) I appreciate their standing in rock/pop history but Mick's voice grates on me now as much as it did when I first heard him ? 45 yrs ago.

I have played the album back-to-back now for 2 hours +
Not quite 'thrashing myself with nettles,' but in that postcode.

Fluck it.

Where is that beer?

Released lockdown single #3 early last night (an announcement of Statues of London is in /music) a fairly low-key event, I saw no benefit just sitting on its release ‘til the due date, nudging bits about. Time to let It out into the world.

Taking a few days off before I plan the next. Might be a collab.

I really want to get my throat surgery soon. It was cancelled In March due to c19. This is getting old.

Taking a few days off before I plan the next. Might be a collab.
Blimey Claire, your career is progressing apace, and of course with a signed original pressing of Rise Up! I am watching with interest. Most have to wait for their third decade or a dozen albums before they get to the collaboration stage... who will the first email be fired off to? Eno? Thom Yorke? Elvis Costello? I reckon John Cale would be interesting.

Oh baby yeah. https://www.dana.com/
https://www.dana.com/
Just collabbing w/tweeps I’m chatting with I hang with a much younger crowd, keeps me on my toes. Delay in throat surgery means I‘ve more material released to cherry pick for a rework LP & remix project.

Looking into patreon & all that. I don’t seem to be short of material or things to comment about.

Last edited:
Too hot for anything more than cursory gardening, so I am going to give my no. 2 La Pavoni a nice new twin-heater element (the standby part of the old one has never worked while I have owned it.) Then I’ll replace the seals as the piston ones have just given out, so the rest probably aren’t far behind.

50202352096_9800ef02b6_c.jpg

I serviced my LaPav last year with a double heater after the original failed after ~25 years. You may have to relearn pumping to get a good crema but hey, nice to know I'm not alone in this.

I serviced my LaPav last year with a double heater after the original failed after ~25 years. You may have to relearn pumping to get a good crema but hey, nice to know I'm not alone in this.
A temporary halt has been called. On removing the old element I saw it and the bottom half of the boiler were coated in scale. And as I am not In Love With a Coffee Machine With a Fursuit (Internal) I’ve put the old element back while I give the thing a descaling it won’t forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back