advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyrics insulting those of my age. No better than racism or sexism.
[high fives thin air]
Ok... uh... Statue?
"Hey boomer".
I took a quick look at the Baby Boomer demographic last night. I’m smack in the middle of the age band, but have never really identified as one. I feel more like a member of Generation Jones, which I discovered on Wikipedia last night...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones

‘Key characteristics assigned to members are pessimism, distrust of government, and general cynicism.’ Where do I sign?

Anyway, Claire is only putting the boot in to her elders, in other words doing what all pop musicians wanting to stir things up have done down the years. I’m sure she loves us all really.

Back to work Wednesday and all the great ideas l had for lockdown.... none of them gone done.:D

I'm never going back to work, ever, but I achieved one thing during lockdown - found a shirt I thought I'd lost. (It had fallen from its hanger).

Treated myself to wireless noise cancelling IEMs, love no longer being tethered by a wire but holy moses Sony... Thank you for employing struggling/frustrated novelists all of this could have been localised by a website.

Ee_k-fzXYAM398s

Treated myself to wireless noise cancelling IEMs, love no longer being tethered by a wire but holy moses Sony... Thank you for employing struggling/frustrated novelists all of this could have been localised by a website.

Ee_k-fzXYAM398s

Plus you don't need a masters in origami to put a website away after the first an probably only time you read it.

Ee_k-fzXYAM398s

Have had Sony WF-1000XM3 IEMs for about 6 months. Use them mainly while walking/treadmill’ing, or when watching TV and not wanting to disturb Mrs. Hook with the sound. Will be curious to hear what you think of them!

Does anything on there tell you how you can stop the bloody things from falling out? I’ve tried a couple of types with no luck, ramming them in until they almost hurt. But they still slide out again after ten minutes or so. I must have the wrong kind of thread or something.

@Hook they sound fine, the case probably needs one of those colourful silicone skins to buffer it. I’m hoping this can work with a new iOS feature that filters out noisy social spaces where everyone is shouting and correct for poor acoustics. For once glad no PSU is included, USB C is nice.

@Marchbanks The trick is take time with the different ear tip sizes, fitting takes patience but it pays dividends Sony provides 8 of them in soft & firm, short & long, silicone & foam & don’t assume both ear holes are the same size — my preferred setup has smallest on the left & small on the right.

Last edited:
So, getting ready for the 'next' lockdown, I've emptied my garage, masonry painted the ceiling and walls, and gave the floor its 1st treatment of sealant. That stuff sure stinks! Despite ventilating the area well, it stank the house out for a good couple of hours.

Two coats of paint sealant on top of that to go...

I should be whoring myself our with pressers, but here I am setting up drums for lockdown single #4. The attention-grab: scrabbling for nonexistent music-media coverage is a bit distasteful. I’d rather write/record/release into a void.

Sobering to think this has been the past 10 months release schedule. Maybe 1 or 2 more before a year is up. Half the fun is commissioning wildly different arts.

y4m6o6qo

Sadly lockdown is coinciding with bursts of M.E. (and the light sensitivity is a right bastard on occasion, for a start) and arthritis, but slowly, slowly getting my new system up and running when I can, and modifying a Rega Planar 2. And trying to train a hellhound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back