advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerard124

pfm Member
As it's coming to the end of the winter, I've already had my fill of being indoors for the long nights.

What we all going to do to keep occupied and stave off the anxiety, frustration?

Decorate.

I already started by papering a bedroom over the weekend, I will do the whole house. As part of the same exercise I will de-clutter. That means sorting out the loft, a large cupboard on the landing that used to house a water tank, understairs cupboard, the shed, the greenhouse and garage.

I have plenty to do, believe me.

yesterday made a gallon of vegetable soup, ate some, batched a load into the freezer
Started in the garden today. Cutting back, trimming, etc until I filled the green bin.
Got loads of decorating to do.
De clutter my clothes
Sort out the kitchen cupboards
Walk the dog
Resume the search for Lord Lucan in my garage
Finally clear the loft of kids stuff collected over thirty years
Talk to the neighbours on each side every day

As one of the recently retired, it will be:

1. tidying up 20 years worth of garden neglect
2. decorating two bedrooms (we got one done before the crisis), & SWMBO is already investigating whether B&Q will deliver...paint!
3. walking the cat round the garden
4. playing loads of Assassin's Creed video games
5. decluttering my wardrobe, loft, garage, junk rooms, garden shed, etc.
6. trying to not spend the pension lump sum on Amazon and eBay!

Service the Ducati, clean a shed load of records (if I can find enough isopropyl), build a load of model kits that are in the stash, get my money’s worth out of Netflix and Amazon Prime...

Maybe build a shed if we’re down long enough.

I work from home and only really go out when I must, not that I don't like going out or dislike people, quite the opposite in fact, I always just have so much to do whether in the studio, garden or in and out around the house, I'm quite happy doing my own thing, Tracy does all the shopping, once the weather picks up and the temperature gets into double figures I'll be out on my bike, but I don't have an contact with other people, just pay at the pump.

To be honest my only real change is taking a break from my day a week explaining vintage valve-era computing to random strangers at the museum, which I’ll miss as it is my ‘force myself to be social’ day and I do really enjoy it. Other than that I’m just getting my shopping delivered and I’m not shipping out any records, or going out buying, which I’ll miss. Oh, and that feeling of blind terror...

PS I realise I am incredibly lucky to be financially secure. Without a stable income and safety buffer I’d be in a whole other psychological mess by now.

What lockdown? The Boris version is not a lockdown. Read what Macorn has just said to get an idea of a proper lockdown. 'Anyone caught outside their home for anything other than essential journeys, such as buying food or going to the hospital, will be punished.'

I’ll progress my piano exam prep, and also do a bit of music programming. I’ll also force myself to avoid the gym, so I’ll service my Cube Acid mountain bike and get out on that for a little time each day.

I’ll also look after my mum by ensuring she’s got what she needs.

Downside is my winter golf prep was going swimmingly. Actual handicap 15.4, winter recorded handicap 11.6. Now, can I stay 2 metres away from other golfers and also not go in the clubhouse...

Books, Trek, music, net nerdery, so no difference apart from having to work from home.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back