1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Mar 16, 2020.

1. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

That's a great thing for kids to get into. A mate of mine has a daughter, when 10 years old she desperately wanted to go camping and climbing. I was all set, it would have been great to go out, dangle her off a cliff, abseiling, climbing up and down, all that, and then back to the tents for a dinner and a few beers but my mate was too bloody lazy. That ship has sailed now, she's grown up.

You can get merino wool stuff, I have a T shirt like that, it was inexpensive and it's great. Being wool it doesn't get smelly and water doesn't make it clingy and cold and wet like cotton. You might get away with synthetics as mid layers if you had a wool base layer.

Big Tabs likes this.
  2. Big Tabs

Big Tabs pants up, knee down

I am allergic to wool. I tried merino a couple of times and gave the clothing away.

I cannot even wear wool/cotton mix socks. They itch like foock. (I have a granddaughter who is the same - also like me, she has to have all labels removed from clothes as she can feel them as they itch.)

I have tried bamboo/cotton mix. That is okay.

Re: granddaughters interest in camping/hiking. Yes, it is terrific to watch them develop a hobby that will never leave them.
    Last year the granddaughters and I slept out under the stars for one night. Arranged it two weeks previously, and it happened to be the hottest day of last year. Blankets on the lawn, telling stories of the stars and scary stuff like vampires :) they loved it.

davcoll and stevec67 like this.
  3. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

Finally got round to purchasing and installing a weather station. As a retired farmer I've always had a keen interest in the weather. The cheapo at our last house gradually failed bit by bit during the last few months we stayed there. Here we are 18 months later the Davis Vantage Vue has been installed at our new house. At least for Davis instruments spares are readily available.

So for the last few days we have been watching record temperatures and the breaking of the drought in spectacular showers.

Big Tabs likes this.
  4. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

The way things seem to be on the upturn, infections-wise, preparing to celebrate Christmas 2020 / 2021 / 2022 (delete as applicable) in lockdown.

5. Big Tabs

Tony L likes this.
  6. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

went to the office to continue the clear out ready for the building works.

7. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ah big expansion project is it ?

8. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Wrote to many scrutiny committee chairpersons , planning officers , climate activists , transportation bods in an effort to stop another development here . basically hundreds and hundreds of children and families attend schools , mosque, nurseries, and many other institutions within a few yards of each other . the council are ready to give authorisation to yet another causing even more traffic gridlock and chaos . they already rerouted a major bus route becuase of congestion , folks already park in crazy places and sadly folks just give in too easily to yet more development . I have stopped short of writing to extinction rebellion though ..... at the moment !!!

9. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans rights matter more than your feelings

I only managed tea. Got lethargic and tired.

10. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I didn't even manage tea. Fortunately our younger daughter's in lockdown with us and offered to make some.

11. claire.foxx

That’s nice. (I didn’t make the tea myself either).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  12. Big Tabs

Roast chicken (day one chicken) today.

I get to play with the grandson.

Thinking about cd players, (still) I see Richer Sounds are now allowing in store booked demos, so I may give them a bell.

Daughter popping over later, so I will get to hear how she is doing on her heavy covid ward.

I started the day by cutting my hair (4th lockdown cut ?) and it is a bit short. Luckily hair grows, so no damage done.

Ordered PJ Harvey 'Rid of Me' vinyl rerelease.

I have mint and other stuff to plant out.

Full day!

13. claire.foxx

Tried watching TV after a 4 month break and felt overwhelmed and gave up. Went to bed early.

Woke up and am even more tired than when I went to sleep.

14. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

We recorded, for nostalgic reasons, an episode of Sunday Night at the London Palladium fro 1965 (on Talking Pictures TV), and watched it last night. God, it was awful. Just toe-curlingly bad. From now on I will take statements of how shite TV is now compared to what it was like when one was a nipper with a huge fistful of salt.

15. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

The lady in the van has been on a couple of times ... absolutely charming film .. really enjoyed it

16. claire.foxx

Still in bed, don’t know what this is but it’s hit me hard. No c19 symptoms just complete exhaustion.

17. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Staying alert

When we had C19, we didn’t have the ‘key’ symptoms (cough, fever), albeit some moderate cold-type symptoms, but we did have severe fatigue. I also developed muscle pains about a week in, and we both lost our sense of smell and taste quite suddenly about halfway through. Keep an eye on things, maybe book a test, look after yourself and don’t push it too hard.

Andrew C! likes this.
  18. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

We haven't seen any of our grandchildren since the start of the lockdown. Yesterday evening Jean was talking about going over to see our other daughter and her family. I told her it was ok to go over but she would have to meet them outside their house and she would have to observe the two metre rule. Can someone please clarify for us?

19. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Exhaustion is a common symptom of C-19. Can you get a test?

20. claire.foxx

No c19 Symptms no temp or cough. No offered test, 2 weak to travel anyway
    Wll sleep mre