advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not been a good 3 years for her; she lost her husband / my dad two years ago, then covid, now this.

Did walk in the field yesterday.

The Farmer was in the field, messing about with a gate that needs fixing. So I introduce myself and ask what is happening with the field.
Apparently there has been a ‘black grass’ issue, hence the field being left fallow and it being sprayed with something every 6 months for about 2 years.
Apparently the field will be turned and planted/drilled for Barley today.
Excellent.
Anything is better than looking at a brown field, with bogger all growing on it, so we are very pleased it should get planted today. We might get the rabbits back, if they have a bit of cover. The random pheasants will appreciate it as well.

Chicken Day #1 yesterday. (cold , roast with charlotte potatoes and salad.)

Chicken Day #2 today. The same as yesterday, but with potato salad, with some chives out of the garden.

Replaced some weights at the bottom of some vertical blinds, fixed the garden gate bolt, took the dog for a walk then gave her a bath her when I got back. Booked a buggy for my round of golf next week.

walked the woof, backwards route, kept upright

new steel pergola installed, redundant one for recycling. happy with new look to patio, need to sort screening quick, like shooting fish in a barrel here, houses everywhere.

finished at 1pm ish, toms, avocado, balsamic vinegar and home made gf flatbreads and a glass or two glass of rose (as recommended by
saturday kitchen from the co-op £8, bargain)

think i will stick to wine for the rest of the day, bloody knackered and old knackered hands are only able to pick up a wine glass and type shite.

Golf this morning. Improved after good practice session yesterday. Bandit status restored. Piano this afternoon. Berceuse (Pozzoli) receiving attn today, after yesterday’s lesson. Embellishments being applied - more alterations to dynamics, tenuto and tempo in various places.

Weights class to be completed before tea.

Golf this morning. Improved after good practice session yesterday. Bandit status restored. Piano this afternoon. Berceuse (Pozzoli) receiving attn today, after yesterday’s lesson. Embellishments being applied - more alterations to dynamics, tenuto and tempo in various places.

Weights class to be completed before tea.

Your schedule exhausts me :)

Motivational.
I should do something.

Your schedule exhausts me

I’m not one to sit and procrastinate - I’m used to keeping fit due to my previous job, and needing to set an example to ‘the younger ones’...

Plus, and not for here in any detail, I had a health check and need to keep up the good stuff, so to speak...

trimming with router, sanding - probably done now.

Chopped bacon, black pudding and scrambled eggs for lunch.

Went to see the old folks, traffic terrible in N London, so drove the scenic route back to give the pork a run out.

Screwfix for more storage drawers as I have run out of space again.

Pie, mash, cabbage and bacon gravy for dinner. Might have a dozen G&Ts in the back garden pub

Finishing-up reviewing some technical packages at work today. A couple of hours spent mentoring a couple of younger colleagues as a side effect - a process I find wholly rewarding. Discussion with peer internally on actively expanding internal knowledge sharing, and positive ways to achieve that - while gaining from all sorts of good stuff learned from the last year as we look to return to the office (rather than working as about 90, 1-person offices) - in a business where the traditional setting is for us is the happy buzz of , a collegiate, collaborative, sort of a design studio.

I'm also simply looking-forward to four days off in a row this weekend, to get out, and away from werkstuff very shortly. Also planing to assess the toy car end-to-end for resurrection to MOT'd status for this summer. It's been sulking in a lock-up well over 20months now, there was no point even trying last year - and the pile of service parts, sets of bushes and bearings and sim I've bought 'just in case' meanwhile is getting embarrassing.

Oh hold on, one last meeting at 5... brb.

Going to visit in-laws in West York’s for first time since last summer, tomorrow. Festivities in garden.

Will spend some time prepping the borders in our garden, and a bit of time tidying/clearing/organising the garage.

Might listen to some music.

oh, and a fair bit of beer and wine, I hope.

Decided it was time to sell the car. 150 miles a year was getting silly and the Tax was due. So I stuck it on PistonHeads for £19.99. That's the cost of the ad for 30 days, not the selling price!

Within 10 minutes of it being posted on their website I had a call from a trader who offered just under the asking. So I agreed and he left a £250 deposit there and then via bank transfer.

He turned up earlier this afternoon, paid the balance and drove it away. No messing around , no silly bartering , no test drive or anything. It was a really nice experience.

Car was 12 years old but low mileage (less than 40K) Webuyanycar had offered £3,100 on their website a few weeks ago (would've been even less after their usual knockdown tricks and other extortions) but it sold today for £4300 cash within 24 hours (asking was £4500)

Dealer forecourt price will be around £6,000 - £6500 but he will have to service it, put on new discs and pads (was still on the originals) clean up the stone chips and warranty it

All in all I'm well happy with how it all turned out. But what next. A new telly , PC , Electric pushbike ? Scooter? Honda 50?

What a nice dilemma.

No more hifi. Well, at least until the premium bonds might come up.

I'm a Headphones / Ear Speaker guy more or less these days.

Decided it was time to sell the car. 150 miles a year was getting silly and the Tax was due. So I stuck it on PistonHeads for £19.99. That's the cost of the ad for 30 days, not the selling price!

Within 10 minutes of it being posted on their website I had a call from a trader who offered just under the asking. So I agreed and he left a £250 deposit there and then via bank transfer.

He turned up earlier this afternoon, paid the balance and drove it away. No messing around , no silly bartering , no test drive or anything. It was a really nice experience.

Car was 12 years old but low mileage (less than 40K) Webuyanycar had offered £3,100 on their website a few weeks ago (would've been even less after their usual knockdown tricks and other extortions) but it sold today for £4300 cash within 24 hours (asking was £4500)

Dealer forecourt price will be around £6,000 - £6500 but he will have to service it, put on new discs and pads (was still on the originals) clean up the stone chips and warranty it

All in all I'm well happy with how it all turned out. But what next. A new telly , PC , Electric pushbike ? Scooter? Honda 50?

What a nice dilemma.

result, buy bus passes/train deals, walk?

Odd day so far.

Heard from a dear friend, and his partner has just been diagnosed with cancer, surgery due in a week.

Life is not a straight line.

The farmer has drilled and planted barley.
Chicken soup (for the soul) later.
Scrabble on the cards later.
The Wife bagged some M&S food goodies, which put her in a good mood.

Son #1 pranged his car somehow (no details provided) and written off his transport. Insurance are paying out more than he paid for it, and he isn’t injured, so not so bad.

Saw Daughter briefly and she has dyed her hair a different colour. I moaned at her as usual as I like her natural chestnut brown hair, which I haven’t seen for years as Daughter does something different every 6 months or so. I like having a daughter, she is more communicative than the sons.

hanging doors, hinge measurements out slightly, door frame modifications ahoy. This'll be a test fit for the doors, then I'll take em off and paint the frames copper to match the others

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back