advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a sausage sandwich on white bread. Sausages half cooked then split lengthways with a knife and the inners browned...
and we are having sausage casserole later (I am informed).

The Wife went on a long vigorous walk, whilst I limped around the field. The field looks great, freshly turned and drilled. Needs some rain on it. The springs in the field stand out more now.
A bit nippy out, glad I took my hat that covers my ears.
Not many dog walkers out today, definitely none going sideways.
Kept hearing the violent squawk of pheasants, but didn’t see any.
More blossom out, like icing sprinkled on a bleak cake.

We played Scrabble yesterday. One game was opened with The Wife putting GOLFERS down.
She won that game :(
When we play Scrabble, I get to put the stereo on. It has took me years, but The Wife will finally listen to Station To Station - D Bowie without pulling a jib. Not the easiest Bowie album, so a minor achievement. I still lost at Scrabble.

Nice and sunny up here, blue sky 14c, ain’t gonna last apparently. Mongolian beef for dinner. Nearly finished tidying up the LPs from useful boxes onto the new storage units the Mrs got me as a birthday gift, hospital happy with my bloods so gonna keep buying more records :)

Gonna see if the motor starts and sort an SD card with some tunes on ready for a blast, not driven it this year.

Wow, not heard that name for donkeys.

I used to like his reflective shop window gag in the titles of his show. I think I preferred Dick Emery back then though. And Benny Hill ;)

i never found him funny, had to watch back in the day, only one tv.

he used to drink in a pub just outside Berkhamsted, late 60's, this was our rural route to Friar's, Aylesbury. same pub now yuppified, still get plenty of out-of-work actors in there. Ronnie Wood was frequenting a couple of years back, thank goodness never saw/heard him

fitting some door handles

fitting home made, hardly visible magnetic catches made from the pole magnets from our old burglar alarm magnetic switches and some little screws

filled holes in door frame, next need to sand and undercoat

Just "played basketball" in our garden with the 18yr old son. We have one of those moveable hoops on a stand thing. First to five points which I lost 4-5. If he had been trying it would have been 0-5 but he was being kind.

My right arm hurts now so listening to Sampha - Process to recover.

Just returned from a fabulous week on the Pembrokeshire coast. Self catering holiday homes allowed so took full advantage before the floodgates are opened! Beautiful place and amazing weather. Lovely and quiet, the coastal paths and beaches were empty. Just what was required. Back home to more fantastic weather in time for Easter and lots of gardening to do. It’s all gone nuts over the last week...

Walk to Sherwood Pines and back - about 12 miles. Lovely afternoon spent with Mrs C, her sister and fella. He’s a very good drummer, and also plays golf so plenty of bloke chat.

We discussed Stephen Wilson’s drummers, and who we thought were the best drummers we liked.

Walked past Sherwood Golf Club. Daft money to join there, but 5 mins from where I live. Looked very nice.

supervising the planting of 8 cherry trees , looks lovely . will update lanscaping thread at some point

also labouring doing accounts as HMRC are very kind and only give you 30 days now to file CGT tax!! got a penalty already !!!

Went for a walk and wondered why the bigger a sign is, the harder it is to see.

51092222536_463c03e10a_z.jpg

had a shave

back garden pub over the fence, with next door for a few hours. About 8 double G&Ts, now some beer

cooked Keema Peas with a veg fry, and some home made chapati's.

Pickled some veg for tomorrow's dinner

Wow, not heard that name for donkeys.

I used to like his reflective shop window gag in the titles of his show. I think I preferred Dick Emery back then though. And Benny Hill ;)
Funny you should mention Benny Hill. I fixed a Rega P2 last week so I could play some records left by my father-in-law. Among them is the single, Ernie. It was the first record on.

Funny you should mention Benny Hill. I fixed a Rega P2 last week so I could play some records left by my father-in-law. Among them is the single, Ernie. It was the first record on.

Yes.
I have a clean copy of Ernie as well.
The Wife and I act it out and sing along. Ted is a wrong ‘un.

walked on my hands today, dog was confused

partner sowing plum toms, French climbing beans and courjettes, love my deep fried courjette flowers stuffed with goats cheese etc

races again today, won on Friday, held on yesterday to break even, only 3 bets today for the grand sum of £7.50. overall profit down to £479.01, wonder if it will get back to a 'monkey'

one half of my daughters and her beau are round for a tapas of manchego, olives and almonds. he has recently got into wine, so i have a Rueda and a nice fino in the wine fridge. huge tray of tortillas, grated cheese and jalapenos with the footer.

second day of all Spanish grub as more paella later, bugger the weight, sort it out next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back