advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

yesterday dinner, the last of the batch cooked duck ragu from the freezer and a chopped salad

20240305_201656 by uh_simon, on Flickr

might make another batch on Sunday for the freezer.

Last edited:
Chilli, part 2 from the freezer, cooked a week ago. Matures a bit after a week. With rice and grated extra mature cheddar.

Chilli, part 2 from the freezer, cooked a week ago. Matures a bit after a week. With rice and grated extra mature cheddar.
We call that leftovers. I am always disappointed if there are no leftovers as they are always even better than first time round.

Made a pan of chilli bolognese sauce yesterday . Todays the day it gets sampled . Then batched up in the freezer. Not had any for a few weeks so looking forward to it. Might have 2 meals with it today with pasta then with a baked tatie later mmm might have it for breakfast as well 🍝🥔🐷

Just had 1st bash at it. Was ok i suppose. Did extra to leave some in the sauce for lunch. Need icecream today.

Did a lovely Bass fillet, pan fried with lemon, butter and seasoning. Then layer on bed of brocolli stems, baby plum tomatoes and red onions that had been tossed opin a wok with sesame seeds, garlic and a little soy. Really delicious. Wife loved it.

A couple of days in Bruges:

IMG-1911.jpg

IMG-1905.jpg

Went to Belgium with school found paprika crisps and were allowed to drink in pubs i partially stole a bike and returned it and someone pissed on a mattress and took over a lift with it.

Went to Belgium with school found paprika crisps and were allowed to drink in pubs
Funny you mention that.

I was sat outside a bar with Ms Jezzer (as you do) who remarked that the young lads at a table nearby did not look old enough for their beers (Kasteel - 8%!).

Most Belgian food is awful, but those moules frites look great. The waffle too, but I find these days that cakes look better than they really are when you get into them.
The mobiles frites were indeed great and the waffle was light and fluffy. And so, other than chocolate, that was the limit of our Belgian food experience.

advertisement

Back