advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

we didn't plan it, and only use what is in the house, not massively keen on wraps to be honest - it was too much for a lunch really.

Maybe a chapati if there wasn't so much rice - but to ve honest I couldn't be bothered making them
I've just had a couple of wraps for lunch, they are a staple in my house, mostly because they keep. Fresh bread doesn't, and I get in on Friday nights to discover half a stale, mouldy loaf in a corner. Not so a packet of tortillas, it means that if I can't be bothered going to the supermarket on Saturday morning I have the makings of a lunch without going out.

I've just had a couple of wraps for lunch, they are a staple in my house, mostly because they keep. Fresh bread doesn't, and I get in on Friday nights to discover half a stale, mouldy loaf in a corner. Not so a packet of tortillas, it means that if I can't be bothered going to the supermarket on Saturday morning I have the makings of a lunch without going out.

I always slice and freeze the bread as soon as it's cool, defrosts well, especially for toast.

Two loaves normally last about three weeks as i never have more than a slice per day.

Tuna salad for lunch today, carb hit breakfast was a slice of raspberry bakewell leftover with lemon yoghurt.

Last night; Macher Jhol (top right - Bengali wet fish curry), Bitter Gourd curry (bottom middle).

20240512_192009 by uh_simon, on Flickr

I love Bitter Gourd, but they are an acquired taste - if you like Campari you are on your way.

Screenshot-20240513-073336-Google.jpg

Hainan chicken (poussin) rice. The poussin is poached whole with garlic, ginger and spring onion in its cavity. The rice grains are fried with chicken fat and garlic then the chicken stock is used to boil the rice. Two dips - Thai Birds Eye chillies in soy and fish sauce together with a garlic, ginger, and sesame sauce.

IMG-2786.jpg

Tonight, Pepperoni Pizza, a few glasses of Verdant and loud music are on the menu. The Wife is out :)
Advice to the elderly, dont try to recreate the Flashdance routine if you're an OAP, overweight and just had your 4th drink. but WTF its Saturday night. ..Got to go 5 min to finish the G&T before the 16:8 diet kicks in.. ( nearly 2 stone and counting :) )

advertisement

Back