advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

nice one, not been to many Southern Indian places, we were going to Studio Gauthier again to try the Sushi/ new summer menu, but this looks interesting and nearby. We like the Sam Smith's pub, The Bricklayer's just round the odd corner or so.

we've been going for years nice food. Bricklayers is good - we spent some time in the Fullers pub (Jack Horner) on Saturday.

we've been going for years nice food. Bricklayers is good - we spent some time in the Fullers pub (Jack Horner) on Saturday.
We find it nice, as both retired to mosey about there during the day in the week, tad less busier everywhere. I think I said a while back that W1 was quiet, bit of a slip up as was up West a few Saturdays ago early evening, did not bother with our favourite haunts as heaving.

We are having some friends from New York for dinner and the menu is:

1/ Spaghettini with shards of tinned mullet in olive oil, chopped capers, garlic and olive oil.

2/ Buffalo mozzarella,with string beans and asparagus.

3/ Slices of melon.

Starting with Champagne ( a cheap but excellent unknown brand, imported directly by the local wine shop)

A choice of red, Einaudi Dogliani 2022 (a sub-species of Dolcetto) or white, Lavis Nosiola 2022.

Onglet pan fried for 2 mins a side (rare to medium) rested for 4 mins, pan juices with marsala wine. Scorched veg (deliberately). Somewhere there is a bowl of air fryer French fries

20240606_073352 by uh_simon, on Flickr

home made pizzas. Tried a new recipe for GF pizza bases, I am in heaven. Tries a deep crust yesterday and the base retained some chewing element, overloaded it a bit in excitement/panic. Used our Oregano and basil chopped fine into the pesto/passata, worked.
Tonight as above but made 2 thin bases, with minimal toppings which is our liking from around 5 years ago when I stomached wheat.

Made the multiple Michelin star winning chilli spag bol sauce in my large cauldron. Bubbling away like a good un.

home made pizzas. Tried a new recipe for GF pizza bases, I am in heaven. Tries a deep crust yesterday and the base retained some chewing element, overloaded it a bit in excitement/panic. Used our Oregano and basil chopped fine into the pesto/passata, worked.
Tonight as above but made 2 thin bases, with minimal toppings which is our liking from around 5 years ago when I stomached wheat.
Could you share the GF pizza base recipe please?

SOH still hospitalised.....kind friend dropped off home made sweet potato and aubergine curry to which I added a diced cooked chicken breast in Lloyd Grossman Bhuna sauce and the inevitable poppadum...topped with roasted cashews. Orange is freshly squeezed btw

20240612_211416 by Michael Pratt, on Flickr

Could you share the GF pizza base recipe please?

I use Doves Farm S/R flour and add more Xanthium gum than the recommended quantity, they do take longer to cook than the suggested timings.
we have tried the 1cm and 0.5cm base thicknesses and prefer the latter.

We use a similar recipe for GF flatbreads and char them a bit on the hob.

Let us know if this works for you,

advertisement

Back