advertisement

What’s your Naim ?

The only Naim I still own is a pair of en rosewood SBL’s and a Nat01 with Ryan sound labs cards in it. Previously had 52/super cap and 135’s, aro Armageddon etc.

I like shoebox Naim, and have owned two NAT01s (at different times), and a Nait 2 - the NAT01/Nait 2 combination is very good, with a full rich sound, but I sold it recently as I was mainly listening to radio using my laptop, not via FM.

I bought a DAC V-1 and NAP100 a few months ago, and have recently added a Unitiserve - it's a modern shoebox stack, and everything seems to work well together. I think the NAP100 is excellent, and probably quite a bit better than the Nait 2, to be frank. The Unitiserve isn't a streamer, but I can control it from my phone and laptop, and it sounds very good. Obviously all of this equipment has been superseded, but I think it still represents good value for money, and is a lot less expensive secondhand! I'd like to try a Muso, partly as a second system, and partly to get better sound from the TV. I've been quite impressed with some of the less expensive bluetooth speakers, but have not yet heard the Naim Muso.

interesting that you rate the 100 over the nait. I keep thinking about swapping out my Brio with a Graham Slee Accession phono amp (which has variable output) and run it into a nap 100. Nap 100’s seem to be pretty good value second hand, so just need to see if I could source a good value Accession

Still using the CB Nait 2 I've had for 20 years now. Also have a Supernait/olive Hicap in another room.
SRB4524.jpg

Thank you! Really happy with it now that I've added the Q7's to the mix. I have a 2021 Node hidden in the cupboard below as well for convenience.

Let's hope this does not mutate into another Naim bashing thread.

I have so many favorites - CD3, CDS1, CDS2, CDS3, IBLs, DBLs, 52, Nait 3, Nait 2, ARO. I still own and use some of these components although I no longer am a fan of their products post-JV. In fact, it has just occurred to me that I've used most of the olive-era products.

DBLs, just fantastic
SBLs, great value
Agree about the post-JV firm

Supernait 2 - it really is a great integrated. It was the first Naim I bought, new, along with a CDX2. I'm still using it, and with everything I've changed, it's kept up.

Blimey! Just realised it's been 20 years since I got a second hand NAIT3! Got a CD5 and original Flatcap in 2004, and upgraded to 72/hi/180 in 2005/6... Using it all still with no plans to upgrade (unless a CD2 stumbles in my path REALLY cheap...)

Out of all of these though, the 72 and CD5 are my favourites, as they're tactile delights (I'm partially sighted, so whilst I can see fairly well, tactile feedback is important to me). I particularly like the CD loading procedure since I also use vinyl :)

Still use these:
Naim nac122x
Naim nap150x
Naim flatcap 2x
Naim cd5x
Naim stageline s
Great sound and solid build... I have other gear but these will be here forever, just to have the Naim sound at hand :)
More or less where I've got to now, and very enjoyable. What's your vinyl setup?

Supernait 2 - it really is a great integrated. It was the first Naim I bought, new, along with a CDX2. I'm still using it, and with everything I've changed, it's kept up.

The 282/250DR/HicapDR was my second Naim bought new in 2016 I think. They are all still with me. At that time their list price was £9k+ altogether. They now cost £11,597.

My system is basically the same as I bought new in 1994 from Infidelity in Hampton Wick. I'd just given up working for the MMB and got my first IT contract so had some cash to splash.
I knew literally nothing about hifi so listened to various systems. I'd never heard of Naim so bought on what my ears liked.
I came out with, and still have:

Cdi cd player - been recapped
180 amp - been recapped
72 pre amp - Ryan sound lab cards added
Hicap - recapped and Avondale TPR4 regulator fitted
Rega XEL speakers
NAC4 cable
I do now tend to use Amazon ultra hd music as a source through a Chord Mojo into the 72 but the Cdi still sounds great too.
I'm going to replace the nac cable with Witch Hat for easier routing and aesthetics.
29 years of use and still going strong, one careful owner.

Last edited:
No Naim anymore in the K household but my audio CV includes……

102, 82, 52, 252
250, 135, 300
CDS2, CDS3
Loved the electronics, hated the speakers

No Naim in main rig for years. In the 80s/90s....

Nait 2
42/110
32.5/250
52/250
252/250.2

CDX (lasted days)
CDS2
CDS3

IBLs (see classifieds :))
SBLs

Last edited:

advertisement