advertisement

What’s your Naim ?

Gervais Cote

Predator
Just for fun and by curiosity, what’s your Naim?

More precisely, amongst all of the Naim amps, CD player or any others you owned or still own, which one is favorite and why ?

For me, it’s definitely my 1986 NAP 110 thanks to its lively and punchy sound and astonishing bass drive.

So, what’s your Naim, just tell us.........for the fun of it !

Let's hope this does not mutate into another Naim bashing thread.

I have so many favorites - CD3, CDS1, CDS2, CDS3, IBLs, DBLs, 52, Nait 3, Nait 2, ARO. I still own and use some of these components although I no longer am a fan of their products post-JV. In fact, it has just occurred to me that I've used most of the olive-era products.

Just the two products I really liked by them.
SBLs and one of their CDPs, IIRC the CDS2?
Other than that, no.

which one is favorite

Too many to explain.

Likely some pieces should never have been sold on - for example a fresh Naim serviced CB Nait 2 or similar 135s :(

Nevertheless I won't be without my Olive combo even I don't use it at the mo.

Sold on the CD players long ago due to doorstop risk scenario, had most of them and they were great, indeed the CDi if I should point a favorite.
Happy with Rega CD players for now.

Supernait 1 with HiCap DR for me. Real gem of a combo….it could boogie, had huge power reserves. It possessed a darker, warmer presentation than the signature Naim sound, which I’ve yet to see replicated since by Salisbury.

I like my Naim Nait 3, it’s my only ever Naim. It was bought for use in a second system but has proved to be much better than I expected and gets more use than just when I’m cleaning records.

SBLs. A guilty pleasure! I’ve had five pairs. The most recent, light wood very late Mk2.5s I actually rather wish I’d kept.

Also the Mk1 and 2 Naits. Looking forward to firing up the olive Mk2 recently acquired.

My absolute favorite would be the Nait 2. I had four of them, in the past 30 years, and everytime I sold it (due to several reasons) regret came in sooner or later.

The Nait 2 (or 1 for that matter) would be closely followed by a Nait 5SI or Nait XS.
(I'd love to have one of these but unfortunately both are no longer an option for me, because their big toroidal transformers hum like crazy in my room) :(

Nearly 30 years of Naim ownership (shed loads of Naim kit over this time) for me its the kit I own now Nait2 CB, SBLs, SL2s and 552DR no more chopping and changing.

Favourite is the Nait 1, amazing bang for buck (well it was when released, not so much if I had to buy one nowadays at the prices commanded). Ours is still in use today in our daughters system.

advertisement

Back