advertisement

West Indies in England 2017

The weather is set to be the same or wetter for the whole 5 days.

2 day test? 28/40 wickets by the end of 2 days at the current rate. But, you know, wearing pitch at the end of the second day could accelerate the rot...

Hmmm. That job app for Test Match Analyst, I take it you ripped it up. :)

I did try a get an excuse in before you along the lines of 'England trying to make a game of it' as England wickets went down but I think Tony L delayed it :)

@Jonathan...Folks have to bat for some time before the pitch starts wearing out...there has hardly been any batting. I think natural liveliness, rains, and floodlights will prove too much for the batting of both teams.

Stokes must be thinking "Do I have to do everything ?" Great cameo knock at the end from Broad though.

Weather looks a bit better tomorrow, if WI can hang in there tonight and first thing they might have some better batting conditions.

I think one of the commentators alluded to this - isn't it funny that one of the complaints about test cricket is that it is too long drawn out, and at the same time wickets around the world are getting flatter? A test in bowler friendly conditions like at Lords now makes the game lively and of shorter duration. This is shaping up nicely. Great weekend coming up...

Not the Windies lineup of Richards, of Lloyd, of Kallicharan, Greenidge, Haynes and Murray though really was it?

This lot seemingly had the backbone of a sponge.

Bodes ill for England in Australia. Bowlers only suited to English conditions, top order suspect at best, and I include Cook inthat, and a rookie captain.

England will be lucky to win a test.

Bodes ill for England in Australia. Bowlers only suited to English conditions, top order suspect at best, and I include Cook inthat, and a rookie captain.

England will be lucky to win a test.

Are Australia going well at the moment? Like all Ashes series, the home side starts with an edge but frankly if England are to be whitewashed out there, Australia will have improved considerably.

advertisement

Back