advertisement

Way to go Greta

And so again we have the Net and social media ('new media sources') generating income through platforming ignorance, and simultaneously validating the deadly and counterproductive point of view that climate change doesn't exist.

someone here once expressed the crazy idea of banning advertising from the internet.

20190821-191532-copy.jpg

Grim for the win

wow, i can't believe the BBC had him on and that PFM has not deleted your posting. the guest (roger hallam) has been on RT's "on contact"show hosted by chris hedges twice in the past few months (the most recent a couple of weeks ago):

putin obviously playing 4D chess -- before you know it, corporate oligarchs will control a disproportionate amount of global wealth.

I guess the Extinction Rebellion people will take an audience wherever they can get one. If they'd concentrate more on 40 character messaging and maybe doll themselves up a little they'd do better.

190822_amazon-fires_wildfires_Climate-change.jpg

Nothing to see here ... move along to Trump's next Tweet. Or better, take a moment to contemplate the public and media reaction to the Amazon Rainforest currently burning down compared to when Notre Dame was burning down.

If you’ve spent time in a tropical rainforest, you might be forgiven if you called them biological cathedrals.

Note to self: Time to buy another acre or two of some of my favourite species-dense critter habitat.

Joe

wow, i can't believe the BBC had him on and that PFM has not deleted your posting. the guest (roger hallam) has been on RT's "on contact"show hosted by chris hedges twice in the past few months (the most recent a couple of weeks ago):

No doubt most perturbing for those who claim RT gives a voice to those the BBC (and other "regime change media") won't.

If you’ve spent time in a tropical rainforest, you might be forgiven if you called them biological cathedrals.

Note to self: Time to buy another acre or two of some of my favourite species-dense critter habitat.

Joe

joe.

have you built a vacation home on any of those lots?

Vuk,

Nah, I burned the tropical plots to the ground then planted some grass for my cattle. Granted, species diversity has gone from bazillions of organisms to just a few, but I get all the cheap burgers I want.

Joe

putin obviously playing 4D chess -- before you know it, corporate oligarchs will control a disproportionate amount of global wealth.

A friend of mine presents a show on Resonance FM in London. He has interviewed Roger Hallam twice in the last few months.

I know a band, who sold over a million albums, who want to get involved with Extinction Rebellion and play some gigs for them. They are now talking to my mate, who is helping to organise support by celebrities.

There are going to be a couple of big Extinction Rebellion demos in October I believe. I'll certainly get involved with them. https://rebellion.earth/event/international-rebellion-uk-action-continues-7-october-2019/

Jack

Vuk,

Nah, I burned the tropical plots to the ground then planted some grass for my cattle. Granted, species diversity has gone from bazillions of organisms to just a few, but I get all the cheap burgers I want.

Joe
Good call. Were there any indigenous tribes that you could displace? Don't want them in the way.

Steve,

Just a few but it was easy to dispatch them. All they have for defence are some projectiles they dip on a colorful frog’s back before blowing them out of a tube.

No match for my semi automatic < ping > ah, man, one of them just got me in the arse with one. Let me get my ..........

Joe

Greta was right. Our house is on fire.

NED-201-Amazon-rainforest-fires__ZHHoorkA1.jpg

Who could have guessed that electing a right-wing populist would be bad for the Amazon?

Joe

Some scientists are warning a further loss of 1/5th of the forrest could trigger a feedback loop known as die-back.

And while I agree with right-wing anything being bad for everything, the democratic party in America isn't worlds better by refusing Climate Change as a debate topic. It's another inconvenient truth in a growing list.

advertisement

Back