advertisement

Washing machine warranty scam

We use sky "shield" to stop nuisance calls
Works really well as the phone NEVER rings with them....just a running total on my phone (usually 12 to 15 a month)

We use sky "shield" to stop nuisance calls
Works really well as the phone NEVER rings with them....just a running total on my phone (usually 12 to 15 a month)

unfortunately we are in KCOM area I’ve phoned them many a time asking why they ain’t up to speed with this sort of thing, considering they have the fastest broadband in the UK or did have?. But no they don’t seem to have invested in detection technologies - also KCOM charge a lot for broadband and phone ( well more than I pay as I live in another area and have BT ), I do feel they should do something to prevent old infirm people from having to deal with rapidly evolving fraudster technology. The only thing that gives them away is the foreign voices on the other end of the line, worrying though they have now managed to mimic the local area code so mum picks it up thinking it may be a relative or the Doctors or dentist for example. Really makes me sick.
She honestly gets 5 calls regularly and that’s with having the call blocker I bought with the big red button installed / lots of numbers appear local and they ain’t that’s the only pitfall with that particular model hopefully this new one will help as I’m worried sick for her. We have registered with the cold call service to prevent legit companies offering double glazing / boilers / heated underpants to save putting the gas on etc, but no we still get them up to 10pm of an evening Sometimes.

I never answer the phone unless it's a number I recognise.
It's permanently on answerphone and I take the view that if it's anything important they'll leave a message.
Same here. I always call back callers who have left messages to be considered seriously.

As an addendum, I have received a large number of telephone calls from my friend Dan from Microsoft concerned about the illegal activity on my windows computer. I responded with my fearful response “which computer I have more than one”. I managed to engage him for a further fifteen minutes asking for clarification of each of his access requests because I did not understand. I sensed that I was losing his focus so I bought into play my new anti scam device, my football referee whistle. So I gave him a massive blast for about twenty-five second’s which made my ears pop. Then mysteriously Dan had gone. I wonder if he is OK because I haven’t heard from him since.

Only £2.00 for two complete with a very colourful neck cord.

Good luck stay safe.

advertisement

Back