advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

One result will be that given the extreme cruelty and scale of the Israeli attack, Hamas will be less careful than usual in avoiding civilian casualties. So Israel and its gullible supporters around the world, will be able to say "Look, 200000 Arabs killed and only 100 Israelis killed." Which is exactly what Israel wants, given their low esteem for human life and suffering.
FIFY

I don't think you are allowed to change my text, switching "Israel" and "Hamas", and then copy it under my name.
If I were another participant on this thread I would demand that Tony "strike you off."

In any case, what I wrote originally, not your altered version, has proved sadly true. This is my original text, written right after the Oct. 7 massacre of 1200 Israelis and the taking of 250-odd hostages:

"One result will be that given the extreme cruelty and scale of the Hamas attack, Israel will be less careful than usual in avoiding civilian casualties. So Hamas and its gullible supporters around the world will be able to say "Look, XXXXXXX Arabs killed and only XXX Israelis killed." Which is exactly what Hamas want, given their their low esteem for human life and suffering."

You are an apologist for state terrorism, apartheid and genocide. You disgrace this site.

PS I only allow you to post here to better highlight the sheer extent of radicalisation and religious racism that is at the very core of this issue and has infested the political right all across the world. Your hatred is so visceral the butchering of 13,000 children, the destruction of healthcare, food infrastructure and everything else necessary for life is clearly justifiable to you. This is the shape of political extremism in the 21st century. This is what the rest of us need to identify and stand firmly against.

*I don't think you are allowed to change my text, switching "Israel" and "Hamas", and then copy it under my name.
If I were another participant on this thread I would demand that Tony "strike you off."

In any case, what I wrote originally, not your altered version, has proved sadly true. This is my original text, written right after the Oct. 7 massacre of 1200 Israelis and the taking of 250-odd hostages:

"One result will be that given the extreme cruelty and scale of the Hamas attack, Israel will be less careful than usual in avoiding civilian casualties. So Hamas and its gullible supporters around the world will be able to say "Look, XXXXXXX Arabs killed and only XXX Israelis killed." Which is exactly what Hamas want, given their their low esteem for human life and suffering."
*Says a Pro-Israeli genocide apologist.

For clarity, although I'm sure you don't need this spelling out - a FIFY is simply an alternative take on your premise. Most times tongue in cheek, but not this time.

Your continued attempts to rewrite the facts to suit your chosen narrative I find just plain pathetic, and patronising. Few people contributing to this thread are as gullible as you seem to believe.

This from the UN:

'Nearly 10,000 women have been killed in Gaza since war erupted six months ago and one child is injured or dies every 10 minutes. . .'

John

Last edited:
You are an apologist for state terrorism, apartheid and genocide. You disgrace this site.

PS I only allow you to post here to better highlight the sheer extent of radicalisation and religious racism that is at the very core of this issue and has infested the political right across the world. That you are absolutely fine with what is happening in Gaza has been noted.
I am not an apologist for anything. I am not right-wing, have never voted for the political right in my life. I think what you object to is that I do not accept the radical pro-Palestinian stance, with its approved "truths" and "rights" and "wrongs" on this issue. That I do not ignore the Iranian and Russian role in the whole situation, that I dare to mention the state of mind of Israelis.
I thought discussions were open and free on this forum, but evidently this is not true on this particular thread, a kind of ideological crusade in which all matters of history, truth and justice have been decided already.

So, Tony, please do block me from this thread so that I am not occasionally tempted to intervene when I read something that is biased or simply untrue. Let it run as a thread based on links to Al Jazeera and other blatantly pro-Palestinian sources, with everyone agreeing with everyone else. Agreeing that land was never purchased in Palestine from the late 1800s, that thousands of Arab landlords did not sell land to immigrant Jews, that in 1967 it was Israel that attacked Syria, Jordan and Egypt, that it is not true that between 1948 and 1967 no neighbouring Arab nation lifted a finger to build a Palestinian state, and more recently that most of the Oct 7 victims were killed by the Israelis themselves.

NYT is a prime example of a biased medium - "Don't say Palestine" A similar edict was given to BBC staff apparently banning staff from joining the protests...

I am not an apologist for anything. I am not right-wing, have never voted for the political right in my life. I think what you object to is that I do not accept the radical pro-Palestinian stance, with its approved "truths" and "rights" and "wrongs" on this issue. That I do not ignore the Iranian and Russian role in the whole situation, that I dare to mention the state of mind of Israelis.

I’m not asking anyone to do anything other than accepting the reality which is clear from Amnesty International, MSF, the Red Cross, UNRWA and just about every other human rights, medical and environmental organisation on the face of this earth. A reality that is literally visible from space.

I do not give a shit about Hamas. I do not give a shit about Netanyahu, the IDF, Likud, the far-right settler movement and the rest of the apartheid Israel state. I do not give a shit about these hateful destructive entities, their politics, or their religions. I am only interested in the humanitarian and environmental catastrophe the apartheid terrorist Netanyahu is unleashing on a captive population in his religious hate rage. He is the one with the real power in this picture and he is using that power to bury a civilian population under rubble, butcher children and create a famine. He is using it to erase an imprisoned population.

There is no defending this, yet here you are standing on the corpses of 13,000+ children attempting to do just that.

I will not ban you from the thread. That is far too easy. I will however shine a spotlight on your radicalisation and ability to dehumanise just one side in a conflict that actually dates back well before 1948.

I thought discussions were open and free on this forum, but evidently this is not true on this particular thread, a kind of ideological crusade in which all matters of history, truth and justice have been decided already.

So, Tony, please do block me from this thread so that I am not occasionally tempted to intervene when I read something that is biased or simply untrue. Let it run as a thread based on links to Al Jazeera and other blatantly pro-Palestinian sources, with everyone agreeing with everyone else. Agreeing that land was never purchased in Palestine from the late 1800s, that thousands of Arab landlords did not sell land to immigrant Jews, that in 1967 it was Israel that attacked Syria, Jordan and Egypt, that it is not true that between 1948 and 1967 no neighbouring Arab nation lifted a finger to build a Palestinian state, and more recently that most of the Oct 7 victims were killed by the Israelis themselves.

We just don't like murdering children and starving babies, that's all.

Appreciate that might be a bit hard to get you head round.

The vast majority of what you post on this thread is obfuscatory bullshit. You will not be missed.

I’m not asking anyone to do anything other than accepting the reality which is clear from Amnesty International, MSF, the Red Cross, UNRWA and just about every other human rights, medical and environmental organisation on the face of this earth. A reality that is literally visible from space.

I do not give a shit about Hamas. I do not give a shit about Netanyahu, the IDF, Likud, the far-right settler movement and the rest of the apartheid Israel state. I do not give a shit about these hateful destructive entities, their politics, or their religions. I am only interested in the humanitarian and environmental catastrophe the apartheid terrorist Netanyahu is unleashing on a captive population in his religious hate rage. He is the one with the real power in this picture and he is using that power to bury a civilian population under rubble, butcher children and create a famine. He is using it to erase an imprisoned population.

There is no defending this, yet here you are standing on the corpses of 13,000+ children attempting to do just that.

I will not ban you from the thread. That is far too easy. I will however shine a spotlight on your radicalisation and ability to dehumanise just one side in a conflict that actually dates back well before 1948.
Well said TL, I salute you and the decent minded Fishes who participate in these heated discussions. 🤬

Please do point out something that is “simply untrue” that has come out of the pro Palestinian side.

Perhaps we should compile a list of simple untruths and plot those coming out of anti Palestinian side along next to those coming from the pro palestinian side.

UN says today there has been "near complete destruction" of Gaza. https://www.ochaopt.org/sites/default/files/OPT_Flash_Appeal_2024_EN.pdf

If this were a 'normal' war, Hamas would have surrendered and/or Israel would have set up an occupation regime. It's classic scorched earth tactics by Israel.

Attack on Iran is incoming. Cameron will be sent home with a flea in his ear. Given Israel will want to avoid/prevent an Iranian counterattack, I reckon the Israeli action will either be very minor or absolutely massive.

I would think that all PFM posters on this thread are concerned about the civilian deaths and suffering in Gaza, unless clear evidence to the contrary is presented of course.

I would think that all PFM posters on this thread are concerned about the civilian deaths and suffering in Gaza, unless clear evidence to the contrary is presented of course.
Some of them may only be mildly concerned maybe - they may see it as an unfortunate consequence of a necessary and legal and moral battle being waged by Israel. I think I have asked @PaulMB this question before - if I did, I didn't see his answer. At what point will you say that so many innocent people have died at the hands of the IDF that the actions of Israel are immoral?

Some of them may only be mildly concerned maybe - they may see it as an unfortunate consequence of a necessary and legal and moral battle being waged by Israel. I think I have asked @PaulMB this question before - if I did, I didn't see his answer. At what point will you say that so many innocent people have died at the hands of the IDF that the actions of Israel are immoral?
As soon as it started.Two wrongs don't make a right.

calling out this post for the obfuscation/denial that it is. Tony has asked that posters accept 'the reality which is clear...'. Do you think evidence is going to emerge that 34,000+ Palestinians are not in fact dead. I don't hear anything from Israel disputing the figures although whenever the death toll is mentioned we hear the words 'according to the Hamas-run ministry...'. See https://time.com/6909636/gaza-death-toll/, a pretty centrist publication, which suggests the likely figure is higher.

Many say we get the government we deserve, perhaps we do. 40% ish voted for the shower of sh!t in charge in the UK, similar in the US. Many couldn't be bothered to vote. Where the Israeli genocide of many of it's 2m prisoners will lead is anyone's guess given that the West seems Hell bent on dragging us all into the fire. Perhaps we deserve to be vapourised.

I think it's worth pointing out Kirk gets a kick out of 'stirring the pot', needling people into responding to his clickbait nonsense, hence his continued derogatory use of the term 'comrades', etc'.

John

advertisement

Back