advertisement

Wam on the verge of change

Classic rant, respect, but I'd like to get a warm feeling that the Show will survive. Not sure whether one or other will bring the other or one down.

Would be a bit of a bugger imo.
Are both forum and show inextricably linked in terms of legal rights? The show is such a great institution which I look forward to attending now I have the time.

Exhibitors use a thread on the forum to express interest, say what kit they will be bringing and to find out the rooms they are allocated. Details such as who can mind the room while the exhibitor has a break / looks round, access etc. are shown too.

Another thread gives information on timing, parking refreshments and anything else of interest.

So yes the Wam is tied to the show in a practical but not legally.

A bit like football clubs, where supporters usually have no legal ownership, but without whom they wouldn't exist.

Football supporters are just customers. Buying a ticket doesn't get you a share of the club... just a seat at that one game.

You buy a CD you don"t get a share of the bands future earnings, nor any say in what they do next.

You shop in Tesco's .... same deal. Just a customer.

Scribble on Pinkfish?... You don't get to own it.... or say how it should be run.

A bit like football clubs, where supporters usually have no legal ownership, but without whom they wouldn't exist.

how's that work or analogous for that matter. Like saying buying a ticket for the cinema gives you shares in the cinema company.

how's that work or analogous for that matter. Like saying buying a ticket for the cinema gives you shares in the cinema company.
Forum members, football club supporters (and cinema fans) are all stakeholders to varying degrees with an interest in the continued survival of their particular venues.

Forum members, football club supporters (and cinema fans) are all stakeholders to varying degrees with an interest in the continued survival of their particular venues.
And without their participation, the venue would fail. Even a premiership football club needs the support of its fans. If nobody posted on pfm, or regulars stopped visiting, the site would dwindle away, as appears to have happened with HFWW.

And without their participation, the venue would fail. Even a premiership football club needs the support of its fans. If nobody posted on pfm, or regulars stopped visiting, the site would dwindle away, as appears to have happened with HFWW.

Indeed, I am not arguing that. I am stating that despite the symbiotic relationship between fans and clubs, fans do not have the right to any
legal ownership
or shareholding of the club - as implied by the poster to which I was responding.

The activity has picked up a lot in the last few days due to the impending closure of the what hifi forum. Perhaps hfww were a bit too quick to invite back some prolific but troublesome posters. Will be interesting to see if the wam residue have an influence on thread content or whether it will be swamped by a continuation of what hifi-type chat.

advertisement

Back