advertisement

Wam on the verge of change

whatsnext

Naimless
Hope Tony does not mind.

For those with an interest in the forum that used to be called WigWam and went through dramatic upheavals - at last they recognise it is not the best it could be.

Moans have been accepted as opposed to banning people who paid them super wammer fees.
Now a thread asking what they should do!!!!

If you care for what it was or could be and are free to post there let them know what to do.
https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/128263-what-forum-changes-do-you-want-guys/

Thanks, I'll wander over and take a look. I'm still a member there, though I gave up logging in a while ago.

Ditto. It became far too bloated in terms of sub-forums (I think was up to over 40 or something ridiculous) and far too sparse in terms of content.

I have friends over there, but don't post that often. If it was better, I might. One reason being that many threads are about topics which I'm not tremendously interested in.

I agree the classifieds are hopeless, which seems to be one of the main beefs.

I might post over there with some suggestions.

Just let it die in peace, why do you need to have a moan about it any opportunity/excuse just because you were banned.
Who would that be, then?
I looked at it once years ago. It seemed like a fourth year classroom at a really crappy school. Truly horrible. And the design. Jesus wept.
Years ago it was a completely different forum.

If it's still full of people behaving like teenage tossers, I'll pass, thanks.
It's not. A lot of them are here! :D
I sometimes post, but it is pretty much moribund. And I fear it is too late for changes to really help. Many suggestions made when the current owner took over were treated with contempt, but that seems to have come back to bite them. A shame.

Just let it die in peace, why do you need to have a moan about it any opportunity/excuse just because you were banned.
I don’t wish to see it die. When I was interested in computerised music a few years back PFM was lacking much but WigWam had a whole folder of threads and many aware and helpful people. By the time I was running and aware of other forums it became taken over and my need to post reduced.

Out of good will I paid to be a Wonder Wammer but said it was not becoming a better place. 3 months paid and banned. Every right to keep my money the owner believes. Sorry I am glad the make money approach has not made much. If they become more civilised like other audio forums I would like to rejoin but not pay to do so.

I will try to avoid making personal comments about yourself.
OR bump

I'm a long-time member of WigWam. It was the first hi-fi forum I joined. I liked it to begin with as despite the banter - ok, shouting and swearing - there were a few people with some technical background and knowledge who seemed to know what they were talking about and could actually provide helpful advice. They all seem to have disappeared or been banned so I don't bother now. i'll pop over and have another look.

Hmmm ! So many posters above reflect my own view; on content, classifieds (as a separate entity (ridiculous) and layout. First time I've been banned for anything in my life (old Wam, that is, and still don't know why). I do pop over from time to time, but I find so few interesting audio topics, let alone others.

The A o S is rather pedestrian, but still quite a nice place if you can identify the correct artistic sub-section, which I rarely do. Pfm is the bread and butter forum, though; quality seeded wholemeal and Lurpak !

I have friends over there, but don't post that often. If it was better, I might. One reason being that many threads are about topics which I'm not tremendously interested in.

I agree the classifieds are hopeless, which seems to be one of the main beefs.

I might post over there with some suggestions.
I don't find it full of anybody much now...I still pop back ocasionally but it's like the grave. Most of the very 'interesting' posters went over to Audio Ab.....re and are still there. That isn't about HiFi either.
I'll go have a look but it's hard to know how to change something that barely exists. What it needs is the fun back.

ok Im back.
Having found this 'change' in 2 channel (?)
here are the options laid out:

• Simplify Megastore format
  • Return of classifieds
  • Simplify forum to make more user friendly
  • Make forum "phone friendly"
  • Any other points

So. Is the message clear.
    How do we get more money, is the question it seems.

I don't know, but it won't be mine. Suspect this thread won't be alive long either. A race to death...this thread or Wigwam.

As ever I wish the Wam well. pfm has always viewed it as a fellow traveler rather than competition and I’d like to keep things that way. I hope they sort it out and get some of the old ‘vibe’ back. If it was mine the first thing I’d do would be to fix the interface as I find it highly frustrating to navigate. Get that right and open the doors and I suspect a lot of those that created it would return as I’m sure a lot of folk still really care about the place no matter what they may say to the contrary! I haven’t had a look at it for a while so I’ll pop across and have a peep later.

PS What the hell is a ‘Wonder Wammer’? Does pfm need an equivalent, e.g. Wonderfish, Bemusedfish, Irkedfish?

NO! :)
And it'd be a left(f)ish anyway so please don't do it.
I loved the Wam, but that era died just as all eras do eventually. Survival of the quirky requires the quirky to stay. They are never the kind of people who forgive or forget, so, that is over.
I wish it well as a standard HiFi forum and have no idea, or interest in, how that might be made better.
Move on and try to make what you do next better than what you did yesterday.

Wonder Wammer is someone gullible enough to pay an annual fee for extra things. None refundable I found.

Adverts in the Mega Store were hugely expensive to post but cheaper if one was a Wonder Wammer. There were other cost benefits. I paid cos the new owner must have been desperate to make money. He was, he took mine.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back