advertisement

Vitus SIA-025 and Speakers

Foxman, a cautionary note from an owner is that it takes around 30 or more minutes of listening before the Signature amps drift from A/B to true class A. I'm told it's well worth the wait - especially with a e.g. Sarah Vaughan LP - but some find the situation frustrating so stick with the (already excellent) A/B.

Well the SIA-025 has been driving the set of Audiovector SR6 Arrete i have on loan for some hours now and if im honest ive yet to be sold on this combination.

As always its a case of system synergy I suppose. Anyway still early days.

Well the SIA-025 has been driving the set of Audiovector SR6 Arrete i have on loan for some hours now and if im honest ive yet to be sold on this combination.

As always its a case of system synergy I suppose. Anyway still early days.

I tried a few Audiovector speakers years ago. Lifeless, with no lower/midband dynamics. They sounded EQ'd, bit like WB Arcs.

I tried a few Audiovector speakers years ago. Lifeless, with no lower/midband dynamics. They sounded EQ'd, bit like WB Arcs.
The SR6 Arrete is the first Audiovector ive tried at home so cannot comment on other models, but your comments do not ring true of these at least on the end of the RI-101.

I suppose as always there are so many variables to sound

Yes i have spoken to Duckworp who uses the active W13's i believe so no load issue with these. I had considered these but the misses put her foot down, and when they do that well a brave man indeed.

That’s a shame as those hunks of solid wood look beautiful in real life, and fairly small. Having heard two different speakers from the Boenicke range with my SIA-025 I believe there is a real chemistry between the two. And amp-speaker-room integration is ultimately where system matching lies I think.

At Munich 3 years ago Vitus used Gauder Akustik Berliner speakers with the SIA-025. They have a new range 'Darc' which I heard in Munich - very impressive, very Magico-like. Apparently Magico use an SIA-025 in one of their US HQ consumer rooms. Magico are renowned for needing a lot of juice, so if they’re using an 025 to demo their speakers then I don’t think there's much to worry about with regard to the 25W/100W output. If you like the very revealing detailed sound the Vivid probably gave then I reckon you’d like the Gauder Akustik Darc. And it comes in a variety of sizes. Looks great too. Personally I prefer a more organic and musical, less 'hi-fi' sound, at which the SIA-025 excels and at which end the Boenicke's excel, as did the Sonus Faber, the ProAc K6 and the Avalon’s, all of which I demoed with the Vitus amp (I know you’ve read it and someone already linked to it but here's the link once again to the review of a bunch of speakers with the SIA025 :https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thr...sonus-faber-wilson.219111/page-5#post-3504754

That’s a shame as those hunks of solid wood look beautiful in real life, and fairly small. Having heard two different speakers from the Boenicke range with my SIA-025 I believe there is a real chemistry between the two. And amp-speaker-room integration is ultimately where system matching lies I think.

At Munich 3 years ago Vitus used Gauder Akustik Berliner speakers with the SIA-025. They have a new range 'Darc' which I heard in Munich - very impressive, very Magico-like. Apparently Magico use an SIA-025 in one of their US HQ consumer rooms. Magico are renowned for needing a lot of juice, so if they’re using an 025 to demo their speakers then I don’t think there's much to worry about with regard to the 25W/100W output. If you like the very revealing detailed sound the Vivid probably gave then I reckon you’d like the Gauder Akustik Darc. And it comes in a variety of sizes. Looks great too. Personally I prefer a more organic and musical, less 'hi-fi' sound, at which the SIA-025 excels and at which end the Boenicke's excel, as did the Sonus Faber, the ProAc K6 and the Avalon’s, all of which I demoed with the Vitus amp (I know you’ve read it and someone already linked to it but here's the link once again to the review of a bunch of speakers with the SIA025 :https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thr...sonus-faber-wilson.219111/page-5#post-3504754
Now now don't start rubbing salt in my wounds, its the wood finish that apparently is banned. Another new rule that came from nowhere :p

My RI-100 could not bring the Magico's to lift im amazed the SIA-025 could.

Gauder is a good call, thanks

Now get back to your wooden wonders ;)

Cheers

Cyclopse, i was not aware of that. What speakers are you using if you don't mind me asking.

Harbeth P3ESR Anniversary 83.5db efficiency!

Foxman, a cautionary note from an owner is that it takes around 30 or more minutes of listening before the Signature amps drift from A/B to true class A. I'm told it's well worth the wait - especially with a e.g. Sarah Vaughan LP - but some find the situation frustrating so stick with the (already excellent) A/B.

But you switch it manually from the remote control in and out of class A.

That’s true but it doesn’t happen instantly (I’m told by an owner who, if he’s playing rock, leaves it in A/B because he hears no great difference.) - just reporting what I was told to help the o/p.

I would say its very subtle change between A and AB. But maybe it takes time to fully swap.

Have now swapped back to the RI-101, and this seems to work much better with the SR6's. Maybe more HiFi sounding admittedly but the sound is more even.

Amp like sia025 require good synergy to show what it can do. It starts from speakers, than source and cables. This amp is so well regarded in audiophile communities it is worth to build system around it.

Foxman50, my pal Steve reports that the Sig comes into its own with intimately mic-ed stuff and is especially good with female vocal. On straight rock, he’s generally unable to distinguish between A and A/B. That’s only part of the story though. The amp has tremendous synergy with its partnering CD player/DAC (as Duckworp also discovered).
As I mentioned earlier, he greatly enjoys this combination with Super20s but is now going to scratch the Boenicke itch.

I am not suggesting that i dislike or do not regard the amp highly, it is clear to hear its strengths. It is just unfortunate that the SR6's do not partner it well IMO.

The decision is do i find a speaker to suite the 025 or an amp for the G3's. I know which is easiest, as searching for speakers is almost sole destroying.

I am not suggesting that i dislike or do not regard the amp highly, it is clear to hear its strengths. It is just unfortunate that the SR6's do not partner it well IMO.

The decision is do i find a speaker to suite the 025 or an amp for the G3's. I know which is easiest, as searching for speakers is almost sole destroying.

Find an amp to suit the G3s, assuming that you enjoyed how they sounded in your own listening room. Just my two pence worth.

advertisement

Back