advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s ‘over the line’. Labour MPs have provided Boris Johnson with a majority of two. That’s appalling on several different levels. Labour is stuffed at the next GE.

The Euro is wonderful and beyond criticism as it is part of the EU which is also so wonderful that it is beyond criticism.
Those who voted leave I hold in roughly the same esteem as a turd I've just stood in...:p They are either thick as mince and/or racists.... without exception.
Germany and the frugal four countries who will be paying for most of the EU bill are having great difficulty in agreeing with your description of 'beyond criticism' as they discuss budgets at the moment, and the loss of their rebate as the federal EU extends to include more dependent countries.

Yes, that's quite the list! For all his faults Corbyn deserves a fair hearing and as usual facts (on both sides of the argument) trump slurs and and agenda driven opinions.

I had a conversation with a couple yesterday, customers, they were in their late sixties/early seventies, remainers and unionists, same as me only I'm died in the wool Labour man or was and they were probably tories (said they'd be voting LD at the GE) anyway we had this conversation about Johnston being universally described as a liar by practically everyone, from cabinet minsters, religious ministers/priests etc and judges/lawyers to the man and woman in the street and I said to this couple that I can't understand why a PM with that reputation is still PM and the woman replied that she would never want Corbyn as a PM because she doesn't trust him and that he isn't intelligent enough to be PM, fair enough her opinion although I disagree with her and she also said that, John McDonald was a' dangerous man' and that she couldn't stand him.

I find it incredible that some people don't even consider the Johnston being a liar should preclude him from holding the highest office in the land yet a decent honest man like Corbyn who has consistently voted and followed his convictions his entire political life should be vilified.

I know who I'd rather have as PM.

I don't think either of them did irony.

Screenshot-2019-10-18-David-Cowan-on-Twitter-Legal-bid-to-have-t.png

Ragaman, I think you need to consider the Farage factor. Watching his mate Tice on TV and he’s definitely taking a ‘no surrender’ approach. Farage said the same. Brexit PLC have a say in this.
Never going to happen Harry. Only Parliament & London are remain while the main block of the UK are leave, so who wins. Come on now.

I had a conversation with a couple yesterday, customers, they were in their late sixties/early seventies, remainers and unionists, same as me only I'm died in the wool Labour man or was and they were probably tories (said they'd be voting LD at the GE) anyway we had this conversation about Johnston being universally described as a liar by practically everyone, from cabinet minsters, religious ministers/priests etc and judges/lawyers to the man and woman in the street and I said to this couple that I can't understand why a PM with that reputation is still PM and the woman replied that she would never want Corbyn as a PM because she doesn't trust him and that he isn't intelligent enough to be PM, fair enough her opinion although I disagree with her and she also said that, John McDonald was a' dangerous man' and that she couldn't stand him.

I find it incredible that some people don't even consider the Johnston being a liar should preclude him from holding the highest office in the land yet a decent honest man like Corbyn who has consistently voted and followed his convictions his entire political life should be vilified.

I know who I'd rather have as PM.

I don't think either of them did irony.
Did you find out if they read the DM? It’s been pouring poison about both Corbyn and McDonnell for years.

‘Moderates’ is a remarkably strange word to describe any MP considering voting for a hard-right disaster capitalism scam masquerading as ugly white ethnic nationalism!
Do you honestly believe this deal will get through with the help of the Labour Party. It goes against everything they want from a deal with the EU. Boris is coming in around 13 or so short so it's tight but not tight enough IMO. I cannot see it passing. Extension followed by GE is what most have predicted & is something I concur with.

Of course Boris won't care at this point & neither will he lose his following as he will blame parliament for not voting on his deal. It's a win win as he will walk the next election based mainly on voters such as yourself who deem it fit to demonise Labour at every juncture.

Do you honestly believe this deal will get through with the help of the Labour Party. It goes against everything they want from a deal with the EU. Boris is coming in around 13 or so short so it's tight but not tight enough IMO.

Its going to go to the wire and will be passed/lost by just a couple of votes. Those votes that push it close or over the lines will unquestionably be Labour ones. If Corbyn had even the slightest ability to control his party this would clearly be no issue, but it looks likely he can’t stop maybe a dozen of the idiots on his side from voting for the bloody Bullingdon Club!

‘Moderates’ is a remarkably strange word to describe any MP considering voting for a hard-right disaster capitalism scam masquerading as ugly white ethnic nationalism!
They're moderate when Momentum bully boys are trying to purge them from Labour's previously Broad Church. Pure gammon extremists, obviously, when they're doing what 98% of the Tory MPs are doing.

Its going to go to the wire and will be passed/lost by just a couple of votes. Those votes that push it close or over the lines will unquestionably be Labour ones! If Corbyn had even the slightest ability to control his party this would clearly be no issue, but it looks likely he can’t stop maybe a dozen of the idiots on his side from voting for the bloody Bullingdon Club!

You can view it anyway you like, i would view it as 200 odd Tories. If Swinson had a remote grasp on reality this could have been stopped months ago.

Its going to go to the wire and will be passed/lost by just a couple of votes. Those votes that push it close or over the lines will unquestionably be Labour ones. If Corbyn had even the slightest ability to control his party this would clearly be no issue, but it looks likely he can’t stop maybe a dozen of the idiots on his side from voting for the bloody Bullingdon Club!
If Labour push through his deal I will no longer be a Labour supporter as it goes against everything they stand for regardless of how I voted in 2016. It will not happen. I did regret voting Labour in Local elections after a meeting with our local candidate regarding local crime in our area so who knows for the future but this would be a bridge too far. I should probably vote for the Black Country Party from here on in as when I met their local representative I felt I was in much safer hands.

I hope the deal will pass.

Not ideal, perhaps - Europe will sorely miss Britain - but better than nothing I guess, in the current state of affairs.

Fingers crossed from France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back