advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Well....second vaccination all done and dusted, and no side-effects so far. Hopefully I've won the race and been protected before this dreaded disease strikes. And I got my sticker!

However, I do have a dull sensation in my arm. I can't be sure whether it's the actual point where the injection went in, or where Jeeves assisted the nurse in holding me down.

I'm done, couple of weeks ago. Now whenever I see the inconsiderate bastards wandering round unmasked I take off my own mask and go and cough on them. Hahahahaha. Now who's looking superior?

Contrary to the opinions of the deranged unwashed who move amongst us, I'm not feeling any CIA or MI6 controlling influences yet.

Will that come later?

Now having spent many hours counteracting anti vaccine on Facebook one is hearing about a few folks with side effects

Had my second yesterday. Shamefully, I did not wait for 15mins, I just went straight home and back to work. Absolutely zero side effects from #2. Can't even see where the needle went in and cannot honestly say I even felt it.

Feeling great - but that could be that I am 1) losing weight deliberately - 14lbs down now and 2) almost fully recovered from a dose of Shingles, which although I did not suffer too badly, I would not recommend to anyone.

Had my second at lunchtime today. I’m now fully immortal.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it takes three weeks for the vaccine to take full effect. None of the available vaccines give 100% protection so you won’t immortal either.

Second AZ jab about 52 hours ago and no reaction this time. Had a 24hr headache after the first that kicked in after about 7 hours so it's looking like I've gotten off easy this time.

And the downside...

I received the devastating news this morning of the sudden death of my oldest friend, seemingly from side effects/adverse reaction/blood clot caused by the vaccine. There is apparently to be a coroners inquest.
It was the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine that has been connected to several deaths from blood clots.

He told me that after the first jab he became very ill within a day or so and in fact became so ill he was bed bound for a few days and that it took 3 weeks for him to be back to normal. He was persuaded by his doctor that such a reaction was very rare and the chances of any problems with the second jab were infinitesimal.

I had the call this morning from another friend of his who had got my number from my friends phone and told he was dead. He had the second jab on Thursday and was found unresponsive by his neighbour on Saturday and rushed to hospital where he died the next day. Yes it may have been "just" a heart attack or whatever but this looks VERY dodgy.
No doubt the facts will come out at the inquest.

I'd known Tony for 38 years and it was he who gave me about half the vintage hi fi kit I have including my Stereo 20 and matching Varislope pre. That's the kind of bloke he was. If he knew you were a genuine enthusiast and not about to sell gear on for a quick buck he'd simply give it away and refuse to take any payment.

RIP

Sorry for your loss Jez, he sounds as if he was one of the best.

I think in these cases it`s best to wait for the facts and not jump to any conclusions however it looks on the surface, as you say, it should all come out at the inquest.

Had both jabs early as have immune system of a lab rat (many courses of chemo) felt grotty for day after first but other than that no worries.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it takes three weeks for the vaccine to take full effect. None of the available vaccines give 100% protection so you won’t immortal either.
So I'm not immortal? You’ll be telling me Father Christmas doesn’t exist next

Sorry for your loss Jez, he sounds as if he was one of the best.

I think in these cases it`s best to wait for the facts and not jump to any conclusions however it looks on the surface, as you say, it should all come out at the inquest.

Thanks Barry. It's come as a big shock I can tell you...
He sent me a brand new belt for my Thorens TD150 only a month ago as he bought two "just to be sure" @ something like £25 each then decided no way would he need 2... That's the kind of bloke he was. I nearly picked up the phone last night to tell him about the latest bit of vintage test gear I've renovated, a 1958 Wayne-Kerr B521, as he was about the only person I knew as geeky as myself about such things who would have enjoyed a good natter about it.
I guess his pal would have answered Tony's mobile and I'd have been told a day earlier...

I'm absolutely not an anti-vaxxer BTW! This kinda makes you think though... I'm sure such cases are incredibly rare and as you say it will all come out at the inquest. No one else I know has had more than a sore arm or a bit of a headache.

That’s really sad Jez. If it is down to the jab I believe it’ll be the first such reaction to a second dose. If so that’ll be even more “unfortunate”...sorry, I can’t think of a more sympathetic word.

advertisement

Back