advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

V2 was on Friday @ 9.20.
Black Country Museum.
Like clockwork - and precisely at 9.20 the needle went in (though I didnt feel a thing, same as last time)
Waited for Mrs S in the hall, looking at some of the pieces from various factories in Walsall.
Apparently so old - museum it is.
I was still using a lot ot the same tools only 2 hours earlier at work..
And to top it all - our first 'automatic' wasing machine (Service with dark brown top and white sides / front )was on display at the side.
I guess they wanted to make us feel old..
It appeared that 100% of the vaccinations that day here were second doses as the setup was very different and no need to re regiter etc - so just one or two on pc's intead of an army of them.

Nowt to report on any side effects as last time - AZ II done and sorted.

I had a phone call yesterday inviting me early for my 2nd jab. So Tuesday lunchtime it will be.

Talking with a friend/neighbour the other day he is already double jabbed but is part of a mix and match trial. So he has no idea what his 2nd jab was!

My wife went to our surgery for her 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday. I went yesterday as well but to a vaccine centre for AZ II.

I have zero side effects but my wife is in bed with nausea, headache and dodgy tummy. The first Pfizer jab was fine for her and I was slightly off with AZ I though less so than with the flu jab. It’s a lottery.

My wife went to our surgery for her 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday. I went yesterday as well but to a vaccine centre for AZ II.

I have zero side effects but my wife is in bed with nausea, headache and dodgy tummy. The first Pfizer jab was fine for her and I was slightly off with AZ I though less so than with the flu jab. It’s a lottery.
My second Pfizer gave me nausea. Seems fairly common.

Not even that long - spell of around three hours. I’m blaming the vaccine as I’ve not felt nauseous for at least ten years, so it’s either the jab or a huge coincidence!
Thanks, hopefully her side effects will finish soon. I did have a slightly dull head this morning early but there’s a different cause for that...

I’m not getting my second one till end of May after seeing various friends/ relatives younger than me get theirs
Is this because there’s a shortage where you are? Lots of slots available where I am. I got my 2nd at 11 weeks, my wife at 12 weeks. I wouldn’t go any later than 12 weeks as the 1st dose might tail off. There’s not enough data to really know.

Is this because there’s a shortage where you are? Lots of slots available where I am. I got my 2nd at 11 weeks, my wife at 12 weeks. I wouldn’t go any later than 12 weeks as the 1st dose might tail off. There’s not enough data to really know.
My health board is the slowest of the 14. I’m still on schedule to get it at week 9 though, so comfortably within the limit.

It seems a lot of people had appointments cancelled on Friday asking them to turn up for a 'walk-in' appointment over the next few days for a second vaccination. And quite a few turned up at my local vaccination centre at opening time on Saturday. So did I. It wasn't raining so I joined the walk-in queue.

It was impressively well organized. Two queues this time: pre-booked (short) and walk-in (long); managed in the vaccination hall simultaneously at the point of being asked to go to a vaccination station so resources were allocated fairly. The long walk-in queue was much shorter after I exited the hall so they clearly had planned capacity well.

And circa 23 hours after my second AZ vaccination - no side-effects at all.

Contacted this morning by NHS text, second jab of AZ this Tuesday, a couple of weeks sooner than scheduled - pleased

advertisement

Back