advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

I have my second AZ jab on Tuesday of next week. Not particularly looking forward to it as the first was associated with 24 hours of significant side effects which kicked in a few hours after the jab - trembling like I have never known before then about 24 hours of flu-like symptoms. No arm soreness at all, if fact never felt the needle. My wife had similar side effects and her arm is still sore weeks/months after the jab. Daughter in Italy and her partner have both had AZ, both in their 20's, both the same side effects - 24 hours of feeling unwell. Loads more other people I know have been unwell after the AZ (not the Pfeizer).

There is a very interesting R4 radio programme on side effects from the vaccine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000t48v

The conclusion is kind of there is no conclusion but it's interesting nonetheless.

My observations suggest the AZ is more linked with side effects and also the younger you are, the more likely you are to get side effects.

I'm more worried about the anti-vax lunatic brigade who threaten to leave pathways for the virus to spread and mutate. I left a FB Group recently where the woman was banning anyone from her accommodation who had been vaccinated - she claimed it threatened the health of those who had not been vaccinated :mad:

My wife had much worse side effects for 3 days from her 2nd Pfizer than I had with my 1st AZ. I had nothing with my 2nd AZ. It’s a lottery though it does generally seem that if any side effects occur it’s with the 1st AZ and 2nd Pfizer.

Nothing (bar sore arm) from 2nd Pfizer. I did feel quite drowsy the next day, but then I often feel drowsy even without having a jab.

I had my second AZ jab last Tuesday in Aintree and haven’t had any reaction this time. It was interesting that just prior to entering the screened off areas where the jabs were being administered - I was interviewed by a medic who wanted to know how my first jab went - told him aches, lethargy, headaches for several days - he asked whether these symptoms presented for 96 hours, they didn’t but when I questioned him he said he’d have directed me to the Pfizer tent if that was the case

For those interested in my reaction to the A-Z jab:

Having received the jab at 8.45am I felt ok until around 5.30pm, and then flu-like symptoms began to kick in fairly rapidly over the next couple of hours. I started to feel weak, cold, shivery, with aching muscles especially my lower back, and I had lost my appetite. By around 8pm I was properly shaking, feeling hot and cold simultaneously, and my abdominal muscles were in a constant state of tension. I had mild nausea but didn’t feel like I was actually going to vomit. I’d also developed a headache, not in a particular area, just a general feeling of pressure which got worse with any sudden head movements. I waited until my temperature got to 39C then gave in and reached for the paracetamol. 20 minutes later the shaking and muscle spasms stopped and I felt much calmer, but still very weak and my temperature hadn’t come down by much. I needed physical support to get from room to room and into bed as I was struggling to pick my legs up. I had an incredibly restless night, I woke up maybe 7 or 8 times feeling hot and struggling to get comfortable. When I woke in the morning I felt drained and my appetite hadn’t returned. I still had an elevated temperature above 38C. Fortunately some appetite appeared in the afternoon and I was able to eat something, but I still felt proper shitty. My physical strength started to return late that evening and I had a better night’s sleep that night. By Friday morning I definitely felt like I was over the worst of it and from then on I’m pretty much back to normal. The only effects that have continued to linger are a slight loss of appetite and sweating / feeling hotter than usual after modest exertion, but I often get these symptoms with even just a mild cold so am pretty used to them.

On reflection, my reaction to the jab was equal to the symptoms I had when I was suffering from suspected COVID in March 2020, minus the cough and shortness of breath (I say 'suspected' as I was refused testing). It has also probably been the strongest reaction to any jab I’ve had, if not then certainly equal to the first swine flu jab I had in 2010.

On Wednesday night I was very much regretting having the vaccine and wondering if my suffering would have been less with the Pfizer. However, I only felt truly dreadful for about 24hrs, from 10hrs after being jabbed to the following night. I sympathise with anyone who has had these symptoms for a protracted period of time. On Thursday morning I’d more or less decided I wasn’t having my 2nd dose unless I get the Pfizer jab, but my stance is now softening on that. It’s funny how soon you forget the pain and suffering after it stops…
I received my 2nd A-Z jab on Wednesday morning, it was originally scheduled for Tuesday evening but I didn't fancy having the side effects kick off in the middle of the night so I rearranged it for the next day. It was more or less a mirror image of my first experience, but not as severe. I was jabbed at 9.15am and the shivering, shaking and muscle spasms kicked it around 9pm. A terrible night's sleep followed, I woke up three times with a temperature and needed more paracetamol and cold compresses applied. The third time I woke I was properly sweating but didn't feel anywhere near as bad as the first two, so perhaps the sweating marked the turning point as I felt much better the next day. A little off my food and some rather unusual cravings for stuff I haven't eaten in years, but apart from that there's nothing much to report! I'm still feeling tired and get hot/sweaty after modest exertion so I'll just have to be a lazy bugger for the next couple of days until back to normal.

PS - Apparently I've to look out for any headaches, bruising to or pains in my limbs over the next 28 days and report to my GP or to A&E as it could be the signs of a clot. This'll be a stress-free month, not!...

51194378795_ae1a7dc842_c.jpg

I had my second AZ jab last Tuesday in Aintree and haven’t had any reaction this time. It was interesting that just prior to entering the screened off areas where the jabs were being administered - I was interviewed by a medic who wanted to know how my first jab went - told him aches, lethargy, headaches for several days - he asked whether these symptoms presented for 96 hours, they didn’t but when I questioned him he said he’d have directed me to the Pfizer tent if that was the case
I got asked similar questions at my second, but there was no alternative to the AZ on offer.

My daughter and I both had our second moderna shot yesterday. I had barely any effects after the first aside from a mildly sore arm. Not so this time - I feel like I did a long triathlon yesterday and someone belted me on the arm at the finish. 9 hours of good sleep and I’m still exhausted. Be interesting to see how my daughter is when she surfaces in a few hours.

Partner had 2nd AZ on Saturday and has been rather poorly with some very bizarre skin sensitivity and blinding headaches, thankfully she's fine today.

I have my second AZ jab on Tuesday of next week. Not particularly looking forward to it as the first was associated with 24 hours of significant side effects which kicked in a few hours after the jab - trembling like I have never known before then about 24 hours of flu-like symptoms. No arm soreness at all, if fact never felt the needle. My wife had similar side effects and her arm is still sore weeks/months after the jab. Daughter in Italy and her partner have both had AZ, both in their 20's, both the same side effects - 24 hours of feeling unwell. Loads more other people I know have been unwell after the AZ (not the Pfeizer).

I awoke with a temperature after 14 hours on the first AZ jab, however I had my 2nd on Saturday with no ailments at all. Been fine since.

I'm just emerging out of 3 days of full on man flu (chills, muscle aches, headache, extreme fatigue, sleeping 9+ hours a night) from my moderna #2 on Sunday. By far the worst vaccine reaction I've ever had, but thoroughly worthwhile if I am now 80-95% protected against COVID. My first dose was a non-event - a bit of a sore arm.

Had AZ #1 Monday. Slightly sore arm, maybe a little worse than from the hepatitis jab I had a few years ago. No other ill effects. Still waiting for the 5G nanobots to activate.

Have my second Astra Zeneca jab this morning, all I can think about is i wonder what the pies are like in the bakers a shop down from the surgery.

Had my first Moderna vaccine yesterday, a few minutes after I felt weird, heart started beating hard, breathing became a bit shallow, nurse asked was I ok, it was pretty horrible, was terrified it was gonna get worse, nurse told me to lie down on the floor, but I didn't wanna do that! It passed, then returned a bit, then passed for good after about 10 minutes. Apart from that and a sore arm I've been fine. Not keen on getting the second jab!
That sounds more like an anxiety reaction to me. I had similar after my BCG jab at school, decades ago. Not an allergic reaction, but felt faint and sick, sweats, pale clammy skin, that sort of thing. Slept it off during the maths lesson that followed. I'd been really nervous of the injection (I was 11) and I think after it was all over, my body just went into mild shock.

It's why they ask drivers to wait 15 minutes even when walk-ins don't have to wait. If a reaction like that kicked in while you were driving, it could be a hazard. It's not a reaction to the vaccine, per se.

My 20 yr old daughter, student in Birmingham, had her 1st Pfizer yesterday. She had signed up to a 'spares' list and was called in, along with a flat mate. Said she felt tired afterwards but was probably more down to being a bit worked up about being vaccinated and not slept that well the night before. Since she has been texting me at 9 this morning (bit early for a student!) she must be fine. Her flat mate is ecstatic about it - she plans to go the US this Summer to start a year abroad and wanted to get V'd before going - but being a student was well down the list.

2nd AZ jab this morning, hoping that I don't get a repeat of the 'next day' chills and aches I had with the first one.

advertisement

Back