advertisement

US bombs Syria

Is there any note of how gay, Jewish or atheist people feel?
I couldn't see anything about that in the link but I think sharing this information is valuable. Anything that undermines the narrative that the "Christian" West is engaged in an apocalyptic struggle with Islam is surely a good thing.

Hezbollah, while primarily a Shia group themselves are protectors of people of any religion who aren't their enemies. They have prevented the slaughter of tens of thousands of people at the hands of the UK and Israeli backed Wahhabist death-squads that are marauding around Syria.

I greatly admire any people that put their lives on the line to protect others from such Western-backed savages.

Did any Zionist terrorist organisations in the 1940s proclaim that Muslim, Christian or Atheist Arabs must not be harmed ?
The fact that Hezbollah have come out and clearly condemned harm to Christians is progress.

Did any Zionist terrorist organisations in the 1940s proclaim that Muslim, Christian or Atheist Arabs must not be harmed ?
The fact that Hezbollah have come out and clearly condemned harm to Christians is progress.

I don't know but it wasn't the point I was making. Shall answer that first?

Then we can comment on progress.

Then we can look at your points. I'm not an expert on 1940s terror organisations. Shall we see who they were? Next we can look at their press releases and twitter feed. Ah, a slight problem here as they didn't have the same media access as today and for half of the 1940s there was a world war on with a very different new agenda.

I sway to the side that they didn't but it was different times, however I would like to see what you're basing your post on to see if there has been the hoped for progress.

I don't know but it wasn't the point I was making. Shall answer that first?

Then we can comment on progress.

Then we can look at your points. I'm not an expert on 1940s terror organisations. Shall we see who they were? Next we can look at their press releases and twitter feed. Ah, a slight problem here as they didn't have the same media access as today and for half of the 1940s there was a world war on with a very different new agenda.

I sway to the side that they didn't but it was different times, however I would like to see what you're basing your post on to see if there has been the hoped for progress.
To be honest, I think your response to this is mean-spirited. In a situation where all parties have been at each other's throats for decades, *any* sign of progress is worth supporting. That doesn't excuse all of the things that are still wrong but it increases the chances (however slightly) that other positive changes will be made in future.

To be honest, I think your response to this is mean-spirited. In a situation where all parties have been at each other's throats for decades, *any* sign of progress is worth supporting. That doesn't excuse all of the things that are still wrong but it increases the chances (however slightly) that other positive changes will be made in future.

It wasn't meant to be. I'm just looking at what Hezbollah are actually saying. Were they attacking Christians before the press release? I don't know off the top of my head. Were they set up to be anti Christian, are they still anti the people they were set up to oppose? Has that changed? I don't know and that's why I'm asking.

There's a tragic irony in that most of the nutcase right wing Christians in the US support any wars that Israel supports, including the proxy war the US and UK are fighting against Assad, even though in this regime change war tens of thousands of Christians have been butchered by these proxies which Israel provides medical care to.

I guess there's a similar irony in Western Christians supporting the regime change war. But that's the power of propaganda. Trickle-down propaganda that goes from the US State Department through the Zionist-controlled Western media and into the conscientiousness of the people.

I recall feeling so saddened by a report from Tulsi Gabbard who had come back from Syria where she said everyone she met asked her why the West were supporting the terrorists trying to reduce their country to a Saudi-style Islamofascist hellhole. They just don't know what they've done to deserve this.

Hezbollah have never attacked Christians. Hezbollah protect the Christians, Sunni and Shia Muslims, Druze etc of Lebanon and of Syria, where possible.

There's a tragic irony in that most of the nutcase right wing Christians in the US support any wars that Israel supports, including the proxy war the US and UK are fighting against Assad, even though in this regime change war tens of thousands of Christians have been butchered by these proxies which Israel provides medical care to.

The ironic thing about the Crusades was that the majority of people killed by the crusaders were Christians, especially Orthodox (therefore the wrong sort)

*any* sign of progress is worth supporting.

Just reading all the comments and I see that Hezbollah and never attacked christians. So what progress is this? It is no change from before. Commendable as it is, it is no different from before. This also plays well to the worlds media. Progress would be changing their stance to Jewish, gay and atheists.

Dont worry, I do understand the difficulties in these changes but they would represent progress.

Now, do you still think that an organisation announcing it is continuing doing what it always has done is progress?

Just reading all the comments and I see that Hezbollah and never attacked christians. So what progress is this? It is no change from before. Commendable as it is, it is no different from before. This also plays well to the worlds media. Progress would be changing their stance to Jewish, gay and atheists.

Dont worry, I do understand the difficulties in these changes but they would represent progress.

Now, do you still think that an organisation announcing it is continuing doing what it always has done is progress?
It's something I wasn't aware of. Neither were you. It counters the poisonous rhetoric that pits Christians, Jews and Muslims against one another and seeks to destroy all hopes of peace.

So it's progress as far as this forum is concerned. It's not progress as far as Hezbollah's official position is concerned. But it's a good thing nevertheless and should be more widely publicised.

You read the article Max posted. So you know that Hezbollah were criticising the actions of ISIS in bombing churches in Egypt. Or did you misunderstand ?

You read the article Max posted. So you know that Hezbollah were criticising the actions of ISIS in bombing churches in Egypt. Or did you misunderstand ?

I looked at the first bit. I didn't read the whole article. Where have I condemned Hezbollah and their relations to ISIS? Have a read of my first comments here, it was about jews, gays and atheists. Nothing has changed there. Nothing has changed for Hezbollah and it has also been pointed out they are following what is in their holy book. So are you still happy there has been progress? If I read the whole article will I see a change in the Hezbollah attitude to jews, gays and atheists?

Have you found anything about the 1940s terror organisations yet?

advertisement

Back