advertisement

US bombs Syria

Women are called whores about 10,000 times a day on Twitter so there you have it dear old PFM is now 1/10,000 as awful as Twitter. Next up we'll have people posting videos about how a secret cabal of Jews control the world.

Up to him. I have no idea why you try to defend the sexism clearly evident the comment about May being a whore and a bitch. I thought you were a sensible guy.

I am not defending sexism, I am more worried about a nuclear war.

The video I intended to link was "Syria, The chemical attacks and Donald Trump - The untold truth". Apologies for the link taking you to the channel rather than the specific video.

I made it quite clear in my original post that this was an alternative opinion worthy of consideration and that was all.

I am not overly familiar with the channel or its content. The linked video was merely one I stumbled across. I have not viewed any of the other videos on the channel. I am always open to alternative opinion. To my mind this is healthy and not something to be dismissive of.

The alternative views on that channel include the denial of evolution and the "fact" that "governments" can create the illusion of the second coming. So we can expect the government to select certain people to leave the earth or for the earth to become a peaceful world full of bounty etc. Are those alternative views believable ? How does that make the "facts" of the video appear? You ask people to research, I ask for your research..........I'm ok with looking at alternatives too. I have challenged the god one here, a little dismissively. You have given me an excuse to keep the content up, for reference obviously.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_diplomacy_of_Israel

Could you help me by explaining, in the context of what I've posted, why you use that specific word to describe me?

Women are called whores about 10,000 times a day on Twitter so there you have it dear old PFM is now 1/10,000 as awful as Twitter. Next up we'll have people posting videos about how a secret cabal of Jews control the world.

Could be 1,000,000 times a day and it's still sexist shit.

Isn't it amazing how the sheep suck it all up, again..

Thing is though that the powers that be have spent years calling Putin and Assad evil etc, as of course they did Saddam and Qaddafi, so the sheep react positively to propaganda about them. They don't question. Assad is bad so yeah, I bet he did drop chemical weapons on the 'beautiful babies'.

And they suck it up. Hell, more than that, they defend the propaganda.

Of course there's a parallel with hifi cable arguments. People believe one way or the other and nothing ever changes that viewpoint. All that happens is people get more deeply entrenched.

The scum that provide our Western media with their narrative know this of course. That's why they always sell the good vs evil construct first. Then the sheep are hooked without even realising it.

The recipe for regime change. It works every time.

This is why you're here, is it not? Making posts like this is what makes it all worthwhile, for you.

If Assad 'steps down' that is not a clean clinical event. All his support base (and it is also large) will be even more at risk.
And Russia makes the key point that keeps getting swept away: what replaces Assad ?
The most likely answer is extremist Sunni groups like ISIS/Al Qaeda.
Is that a result worth 'the West' killing people for ?
If I was a moderate/Christian/minority group/apolitical/areligious Syrian I would prefer Assad.

i see very little offensive about the use of the word 'whore' when applied to most politicians... i think it's quite an elegant description of their job, male of female. i do not see the sexism aspect.

(though of course that's just 'playing dumb' and pretending it wasn't any sort of rhetorical attack)

i see very little offensive about the use of the word 'whore' when applied to most politicians... i think it's quite an elegant description of their job, male of female. i do not see the sexism aspect.

When women start using the term about other people and it is not used primarily by men about women, then you may have a point.

When women start using the term about other people and it is not used primarily by men about women, then you may have a point.

It is a word. It is not of itself a derogatory term. It depends on the context in which it is used. To my mind you are being far too sensitive and overly PC. There are far more important matters to debate and you are deflecting from the subject being debated.

In your idealized world, would you ban the use of the word altogether? Like the above poster has stated it describes the majority of modern day politicians, male or female, down to a tee.

It is a word. It is not of itself a derogatory term. It depends on the context in which it is used. To my mind you are being far too sensitive and overly PC. There are far more important matters to debate and you are deflecting from the subject being debated.

In your idealized world, would you ban the use of the word altogether?

In this context, do you think it was meant derogatorily? Speaking of words, hasbara, how is your explanation prep coming on? I know you are all over new-newspeak but I am in the Real Housewives camp, so please own your description of me.

As an aside, did you conclude the post by saying discussion of the word is deflecting from "more important" matters and then ask if we should ban the word, ironically?

In this context, do you think it was meant derogatorily? Speaking of words, hasbara, how is your explanation prep coming on? I know you are all over new-newspeak but I am in the Real Housewives camp, so please own your description of me.

As an aside, did you conclude the post by saying discussion of the word is deflecting from "more important" matters and then ask if we should ban the word, ironically?

Yes, in this context it was clearly meant derogatorily.

I did not describe you as a hasbarist, Max did. He has far more experience of you than I do.

I was asking if the poster, in his idealized world, would like to ban the use of the word altogether. I am just trying to make him think about his, in my opinion, misplaced outrage.

Marvin, fay spook, otherwise known as the riddler is a hasbarist. He only seeks to obfuscate and deflect.

That's why I ignore him. I've tried the other way but he would just bog you down with irrelevant, convoluted nonsense.

Understood. fay spook can watch the linked video for himself should he wish to do so. I am not going to break it down into small bite sized chunks for him. I do find the hasbara methods of debate somewhat tedious.

I am OK with reading. Our informed observer has called me a hasbarist. You replied repeating the word in a post about me, no caveats or paragraph breaks to take me out of the description. So go on, from my posts what have been "hasbara"? You do say you like research, so you will have examples........

I have asked a few times because i don't speak new-newspeak and am "not overly familiar" [note, not unfamiliar, aka I know what is on the channel but not in a familiar way] with YT channels that appear to carry similar new newspeak- so I need a bit of clarity on your use of the word.

If you can't find any posts, £20 to PFM and if you can I will donate £20 and delete the post. I have asked this question a few times and I haven't lost yet.........

Sorry to go on about this but I do ask questions to get an answer. You reply but not always catching the gist of what I am saying. I have a feeling hasbara is used as a compliment.

advertisement

Back