advertisement

Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe take a look at the World Central Kitchen:

https://wck.org/
https://twitter.com/chefjoseandres

"WCK serving thousands of fresh meals to Ukrainian families fleeing home (in Poland, Romania, etc.)."

José Andrés is a good egg.
Update on José via Twitter:

"On my way to join @WCKitchen my teammates on one of the spots we are feeding refugees! Right now we are already with partners feeding thousands of meals in Poland, Romania and even inside Ukraine. We will be on any country bordering Ukraine"

Again, he's a great human. Now, he's driving south of Warsaw. WCK already has kitchen(s) in Odessa, Ukraine. Really, really fast! I remember nature disasters in Haiti, Puerto Rico, etc.: much better and on the ground vs. the UN (WFP), FEMA, Red Cross, etc.

PS- BTW, he owns ~25 restaurants. Mostly in the US. Best buddies with Tony Bourdain (RIP).

I noted yesterday that the EU were looking to ban RT (Russia Today) News from broadcasting in the EU as they are a mouthpiece for Putins government.

I'll be honest and say I'd never heard of RT News but out of curiosity I found it on one of the FreeSat channels. I was fully expecting it to be a Russian speaking channel with English subtitles or at least Russian accented announcers speaking in English.

Whilst on the surface it appears to be a legit news channel it is clearly a heavily biased towards Putin "views channel" rather than News channel (OK the BBC can be like that these days but lets not go there) but was genuinely shocked to find an actual British announcer Kevin Owen hosting the show and what seemed like American "journalists" on the ground in Belarus reporting on this nonsense.

Am I being really naïve but how the hell are these people employed by RT? Are they genuinely supporters of the "regime" or are they just well paid puppets who are happy to spout whatever script is put in front of them? Or are they even being held at gun point for fear of being sent to Siberia if they don't comply?

Also his attraction to terrorist factions rings alarm bells for most people at least in UK.

As you can tell from my many posts on the subject I am really no fan of Corbyn, but I do think that was manufactured/fake news. He was prepared to talk with Sinn Fein, prepared to show solidarity with Palestine. I have no great issues with either, especially given the hard cold fact that the Tory Party actively entered a coalition with the similarly terrorist-infused DUP, sells arms and terror weapons to truly brutal dictatorships such as Saudi Arabia, sells Israel weapons to terrorise Palestine, and happily accepts huge donations from Russian oligarchs, Saudis etc. We routinely see peerages and other establishment trinkets of power and privilege for sale to the highest bidding party donors. Almost the whole party will willingly line-up to bend the rules for a corrupt MP caught red-handed shilling for his corporate owners. This is their level.

I see zero moral high-ground anywhere within the modern Conservative Party. They are an integrity-free zone and can always be bought. Never cheap, but always for sale. This is the very definition of political corruption.

I don’t like Putin’s use of the word ‘special’. The invasion of Ukraine was a ‘special’ operation. Now we have nuclear weapons on ‘special alert’. He certainly is a bit special.
Think you’ll find he said “особый”

I noted yesterday that the EU were looking to ban RT (Russia Today) News from broadcasting in the EU as they are a mouthpiece for Putins government.

I'll be honest and say I'd never heard of RT News but out of curiosity I found it on one of the FreeSat channels. I was fully expecting it to be a Russian speaking channel with English subtitles or at least Russian accented announcers speaking in English.

Whilst on the surface it appears to be a legit news channel it is clearly a heavily biased towards Putin "views channel" rather than News channel (OK the BBC can be like that these days but lets not go there) but was genuinely shocked to find an actual British announcer Kevin Owen hosting the show and what seemed like American "journalists" on the ground in Belarus reporting on this nonsense.

Am I being really naïve but how the hell are these people employed by RT? Are they genuinely supporters of the "regime" or are they just well paid puppets who are happy to spout whatever script is put in front of them? Or are they even being held at gun point for fear of being sent to Siberia if they don't comply?
If you are in the U.K. it’s on freeview.

Oh, I was right :)

Quote:
'Ursula von der Leyen: We want Ukraine to join European Union.'

Yep, EU is something more than some monies back for NHS.

Oh, I was right :)

Quote:
'Ursula von der Leyen: We want Ukraine to join European Union.'

Yep, EU is something more than some monies back for NHS.
If the people of Ukraine wish to join the EU, and Ukraine meets the requirements for EU membership they should be able to join.

If the people of Ukraine wish to join the EU, and Ukraine meets the requirements for EU membership they should be able to join.

They want for many years, to join Nato as well. Now it is clear for everyone strong Ukraine is vital for whole Europe, so I assume, access will be granted faster than usually. Maybe partial first. Ukrainian can travel to and work in Poland since couple years now. When safe, I will go there for holiday, to leave in Ukraine some monies and help this way a bit.

We probably need to read* this https://web.archive.org/web/20210822074122/http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/66181

Putin's rambling essay on Ukraine. Currently appears to be blocked/DDoSed so read the archive version.

"All the subterfuges associated with the anti-Russia project are clear to us. And we will never allow our historical territories and people close to us living there to be used against Russia. And to those who will undertake such an attempt, I would like to say that this way they will destroy their own country. ... I am confident that true sovereignty of Ukraine is possible only in partnership with Russia. Our spiritual, human and civilizational ties formed for centuries and have their origins in the same sources, they have been hardened by common trials, achievements and victories. Our kinship has been transmitted from generation to generation. It is in the hearts and the memory of people living in modern Russia and Ukraine, in the blood ties that unite millions of our families. Together we have always been and will be many times stronger and more successful. For we are one people."

I would imagine Putin is a typical abusive personality type, and will probably take the view that if he can't have Ukraine, he would rather nobody can.

Plus that much Botox can't be good for the brain.

* 'Read' in the sense of scroll through it. Unlikely you would want to print it out and actually read it...

According to The Guardian: In addition to BP divesting their stake in Rosneft, it seems the Norwegian State Oil fund will be divesting their Russian assets as well (~2.8B USD).

Every little helps...

According to The Guardian: In addition to BP divesting their stake in Rosneft, it seems the Norwegian State Oil fund will be divesting their Russian assets as well (~2.8B USD).

Every little helps...

It will be funny to watch russian stock market tomorrow ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back