advertisement

Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parading POWs is against the Geneva Convention.FWIW.

Those are fooled soldiers by own commanders on Putin's orders. Those clips are to show the world, that this is the case.
And in light thermobaric bombs being dropped on Ukraine people in this very moment, mentioning geneva convention (when in general POW are treated well) is a bit out of place.

That's tonight:

Apparently not (I was surprised too) - this from 2008.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/mar/28/broadcasting.Iraqandthemedia2

"Article 13 of the third Geneva convention says PoWs must be humanely treated and "protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity". But the article does not prevent all photographs of prisoners, and newspapers and TV companies are not bound by the convention, which applies only to states or "detaining powers"."

"Article 13 of the third Geneva convention says PoWs must be humanely treated and "protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity". But the article does not prevent all photographs of prisoners, and newspapers and TV companies are not bound by the convention, which applies only to states or "detaining powers"."
Hmmm weasel though at best. The detaining power is the Ukraine, the Ukraine interior Ministry is parading the POWs as described in the RFE article by directing Russian families via online websites. It's shitty.

Those are fooled soldiers by own commanders on Putin's orders. Those clips are to show the world, that this is the case.
And in light thermobaric bombs being dropped on Ukraine people in this very moment, mentioning geneva convention (when in general POW are treated well) is a bit out of place.

That's tonight:
1. I've seen this footage even if verified as from the current invasion and 2, as a thermobaric weapon dropped on an arms/fuel depot they aren't against the GC- the US and UK have used them.they are horrific weapons,that drove Iraqi soldiers mad with fear in the first Gulf War

Last edited:
PS Respect to avant/electronica muso and YouTuber Hainbach who released a track a couple of days ago and has already raised >€1k for the German Red Cross who are very active helping folk in Ukraine:

Massive fan of hainbach and his channel, needless to say I bought and donated, His enthusiastic tinkering with obsolete equipment to coax a “bleepity…bleep” so he can create a track is essential viewing for all us electronic music freaks

Look at his puffy, Botoxed, potato head.

I wonder how well you sleep at night if you've just launched an ill-planned war and then threatened a nuclear one? Hopefully badly. He'll probably become even puffier over the days ahead. Lots of pills ahead too, I imagine. Stimulants and sleeping pills.

2741.jpg

1. I've seen this footage even if verified as from the current invasion and 2, as a thermobaric weapon dropped on an arms/fuel depot they aren't against the GC- the US and UK have used them.

You do not know where it was dropped. Russians are not accuracy masters.
And any weapon ,especially horrific like this, used in unjustified aggression is against international laws. And UK and US did a lot of things, citizens should not to be proud off.

And Radio free Europe is funded by the CIA.
In all of this, Putin instigating a military invasion against a neighbour resulting in death, destruction and a progressing humanitarian/refugee crisis, and now threatening third party countries with nuclear strikes, and the things you find a problem with are Ukraine 'parading' POW military personnel sent to cause said death and destruction and that the CIA runs Radio Free Europe? By the same token, you failed to mention when you cited The Independent that the Chairman and largest shareholder is Russian.

You're beginning to look suspiciously like a Putin supporter.

In all of this, Putin instigating a military invasion against a neighbour resulting in death, destruction and a progressing humanitarian/refugee crisis, and now threatening third party countries with nuclear strikes, and the things you find a problem with are Ukraine 'parading' POW military personnel sent to cause said death and destruction and that the CIA runs Radio Free Europe? By the same token, you failed to mention when you cited The Independent that the Chairman and largest shareholder is Russian.

You're beginning to look suspiciously like a Putin supporter.
It’s a reminder not to romanticise things. Some people are losing the run of themselves.

For the POWs, it is useful evidence that they were alive when held by the Russians.
Not taking prisoners became normal in the Korean War by both sides

Never heard of them before:

Firstpost.com will serve as a trusted guide to the crush of news and ideas around you. With thoughtful analysis and fearless views our team of editors and writers will track news in India and the world and provide a perspective that is reflective of a changing dynamic.

Executive Editor: Nardeep Singh Dahiya

Postal Address:
Network18 Media & Investment Ltd
Shree Ram Mill Compound,
Vrindavan Building,
Ganpatrao Kadam Marg,
Worli, Mumbai-400013

------

Never critical of Modi. Right-leaning. Cites sources. Use language likely to attract clicks on links, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back