advertisement

Ukraine III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we had this Sky News clip yet (Twitter)? Sunak absolutely destroyed as his billionaire wife is clearly still profiting hugely out of Russia. As ever Tories gonna Tory.

Dear me. Seems like he doesn't feel like he needs to bother answering or defencing the position.

We certainly have some less than squeaky-clean members of the political classes here, but at least they're called out and taken to task when the press get the hold of something interesting. Seems like nobody's really worried about the inconsistencies in Sunak's position. That's quite surprising.

:D ...Delirium.... . In the Rolling Stone delusional magazine. What kind of drugs is the editor - in - chief on ?

Rolling Stone magazine?, whatever he wants and it will primo quality. Still makes more sense than your local troll farm.

Do you think your country will use chemical or nuclear weapons if Ukraine doesn't surrender?

Do you believe that Russian casualty numbers published in Komsomolskaya Pravda (later deleted) that showed 10K killed and 16K wounded are true?

Do you wonder why your Ministry of Defense hasn't published any casualty numbers for three weeks?

Why can't Russian journalists and citizens use the word "war" when freedom of speech are clearly guaranteed in the Russian constitution?
1. Our army will not need chemical ( and even more so nuclear ) weapons to defeat the army of Ukraine. The Ukrainian troops will be defeated anyway . I say this absolutely precisely , and I am 150 % sure of it .....2 . The losses of our army - which are published by the foreign press - are just fake . And military operations are not a TV show, so transmitting data about losses is not required daily. This is not PR . When the time comes, the Ministry of War will announce everything officially .... 3. We call this operation correctly . This is not a war . You haven 't seen a real WAR yet . And pray to God that you don 't get to see her ...... The Nazis will be defeated , Zelensky ( and his pack of ministers ) will be brought to justice . We are not afraid of NATO . We can handle everything .

1. Our army will not need chemical ( and even more so nuclear ) weapons to defeat the army of Ukraine. The Ukrainian troops will be defeated anyway . I say this absolutely precisely , and I am 150 % sure of it .....2 . The losses of our army - which are published by the foreign press - are just fake . And military operations are not a TV show, so transmitting data about losses is not required daily. This is not PR . When the time comes, the Ministry of War will announce everything officially .... 3. We call this operation correctly . This is not a war . You haven 't seen a real WAR yet . And pray to God that you don 't get to see her ...... The Nazis will be defeated , Zelensky ( and his pack of ministers ) will be brought to justice . We are not afraid of NATO . We can handle everything .

Too much homemade Vodka me thinks

Is it giving you wood?

I think we've found Sergei Shoigu...

Thank you for answering. You represent the position of the Russian government well.

So, @ks.234 and @droodzilla , this is the position of the Russian government that you have constantly demanded that Ukraine negotiated a "peace" with. While Ukraine has been patiently and unsuccessfully negotiating a modest ceasefire and/or humanitarian corridors with @vs music 's government, a larger "peace" is even further away, as Russia's position is:

1. Win the "nowar" against Ukraine at any cost.
2. Don't care how many Russians are killed and much less how many Ukranians.
3. Russians LOVE their government propaganda.
4. Ukrainian government will be arrested and tried.
5. We will give you "real war" if you try to help.

Instead of daily milquetoast calls for "peace talks" try to convince our friend here if he will settle for less than war crimes, mass murder and deportation of Ukranians?

According to Dugin, if Russia loses, Putin will have to start a nuclear war and destroy the world. https://twitter.com/MEMRIReports/status/1505857946357481474

Hopefully, he's not a major influence in the Kremlin these days.
On the contrary, as we can clearly ascertain from @vs music , he is in full ascendance in modern Russia.

I find it amusing that in his seminal work from late 1990s, he seriously theorised that in the "future world of Russian greatness," China would be divided between Russian sphere of influence and Japan. Europe would be partitioned between Russia and Germany.

This whole stale Russian quasi-fascism ideology was really born in early 20 century and was interrupted by Communist era, when pan-Russian racism was temporarily replaced with dreams of global Communist domination. But it has come roaring back after fall of the USSR.

I think it is about time that I stepped forward and expressed an enormous vote of thanks to our mentor 'Tony L' for hosting a platform for such a wide ranging and varied scope of opinion discussing all aspects of the conflict this thread addresses; this is my go-to resource for viewing comment from all sides and for that I am extremely grateful, the degree of humour applied across the board that frankly could easily degenerate into insult slinging is inspiring; please keep posting your insight and opinion from all sides, I for one appreciate links to information I would otherwise not have found, but extend my understanding from all quarters.

Thank you for answering. You represent the position of the government well.

So, @ks.234 and @droodzilla , this is the position of the Russian government that you have constantly demanded that Ukraine negotiated a "peace" with. While Ukraine has been patiently and unsuccessfully negotiating a modest ceasefire and/or humanitarian corridors with @vs music 's government, a larger "peace" is even further away, as Russia's position is:

1. Win the "nowar" against Ukraine at any cost.
2. Don't care how many Russians are killed and much less how many Ukranians.
3. Russians LOVE their government propaganda.
4. Ukrainian government will be arrested and tried.
5. We will give you "real war" if you try to help.

Instead of daily milquetoast calls for "peace talks" try to convince our friend here if he will settle for less than war crimes, mass murder and deportation of Ukranians?
No. Unless you know something I don't, it's a random bloke letting off steam on the Internet. Pretty extreme, I think, so I have no intention of engaging with him. I'd say the same about KenniGT (or whatever he was called) who was urging us to drop a nuclear bomb on Moscow, not so long ago.

I've made my position clear many times on this thread. A large part of it is a meta-position: I do not think that (e.g.) inserting context or nuance to the discussion is tantamount to being an apologist for Putin. Any suggestion that it is (and there have been some) is a form of neo-McCarthyism and contrary to liberal values.

As for the substantive question of how the war is settled, that is for Ukraine and Russia to work out. I am happy that the West is showing support by imposing sanctions (assuming they are targeted and effective) and taking steps to ostracize Russia from the international community. I am less comfortable with sending (presumably selling) weapons to Ukraine but that's because the thought of arms companies profiting from mass slaughter turns my stomach. Your mileage may vary.

Finally, please don't @ me again, especially if you're going to put words into my mouth. I follow this thread quite closely and will engage with others, in good faith, as and when I feel the need.

I am less comfortable with sending (presumably selling) weapons to Ukraine but that's because the thought of arms companies profiting from mass slaughter turns my stomach. Your mileage may vary.
What do expect them to fight with? Straw bales? I agree with the rest of your post BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back