advertisement

Ukraine III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm... this is irrelevant to the main topic, but the above 'quote' does seem to me more likely to be from one of the Rathbone films of "Sherlock Holmes" than from any of the actual stories written by Conan Doyle. Many of the films were essentially war propaganda for having the USA support the UK during WW2.

It's the closing dialogue of the short story His Last Bow. You're not far off though - it was published in 1917 and is set on the eve of World War I.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2350/2350-h/2350-h.htm

I think you are likely correct, but it doesn't stop me from wishing for cancer to bury that puffy little reptile.

I do not like thinking dark thoughts like this. But given current circumstances, I hope I can be forgiven.
I think it's perfectly understandable in the circumstances, which are truly awful.

Note the body language as “Boris leads the international community”. Everyone else is standing back in their lines including POTUS. He also looks like he’s slept in his Oligarch bunga bunga party suit.

0ho2vpY.jpg

Forecast is for more Truss in coming days, gusting strongly, new outfits.

This clip of everyone avoiding Britain Trump at the photo session is as hysterical as it is perfectly understandable (Twitter).

:D ...Delirium.... . In the Rolling Stone delusional magazine. What kind of drugs is the editor - in - chief on ?
Do you think your country will use chemical or nuclear weapons if Ukraine doesn't surrender?

Do you believe that Russian casualty numbers published in Komsomolskaya Pravda (later deleted) that showed 10K killed and 16K wounded are true?

Do you wonder why your Ministry of Defense hasn't published any casualty numbers for three weeks?

Why can't Russian journalists and citizens use the word "war" when freedom of speech are clearly guaranteed in the Russian constitution?

Do you think your country will use chemical or nuclear weapons if Ukraine doesn't surrender?

Do you believe that Russian casualty numbers published in Komsomolskaya Pravda (later deleted) that showed 10K killed and 16K wounded are true?

Do you wonder why your Ministry of Defense hasn't published any casualty numbers for three weeks?

Why can't Russian journalists and citizens use the word "war" when freedom of speech are clearly guaranteed in the Russian constitution?

You might be waiting a while for a reply. I asked him a couple of questions the first time he appeared and the silence was deafening.

Erm... this is irrelevant to the main topic, but the above 'quote' does seem to me more likely to be from one of the Rathbone films of "Sherlock Holmes" than from any of the actual stories written by Conan Doyle.

It’s from the AC-D story…

“His Last Bow:The War Service of Sherlock Holmes”, written in 1917

"Good old Watson! You are the one fixed point in a changing age. There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter, Watson, and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared."

Auntie's news just had a short clip of Sunak at that 'press event'...strangely didn't show the Sky questions and response...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back