advertisement

UK General Election 2017 (Part IV) - Results Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose even Piers Morgan had to get it right once in his life: "Does Theresa May think she won? Never seen such a bonkers, deluded speech."

I'm not saying she isn't delusional however if she's the one that's able to form a government then she is the one that won.

The Lib Dems would probably do better under a PR system but the rest probably wouldn't depending on what minimum threshold was set.

UKIP would also do better under PR as would the Greens. It's the Tories who would have the most to lose as no other party wants to work with them. In such a scenario, Labour could be the biggest beneficiary.

But more importantly, the country would benefit by having a more accurate split of MP's in parliament that represents the views of the country. It could increase turnout for those disenfranchised in the country who suffer due to residing in constituency safe seats. It would prevent such distortions like in 2015 when the SNP took control of 95% of available seats despite only receiving 35% of eligible votes (or 50% of turnout).

Corbyn needs to come out and absolutely fu**ing slaughter this nutcase!

I'd be praising her if I were him and hoping she stays until the next election.

The next leader after her just may not upset the young, boot the pensioners in the bollocks and start threatening to kill lickle furry foxes in their manifesto a month before the vote :D

I'm not saying she isn't delusional however if she's the one that's able to form a government then she is the one that won.

She's not able to form a government. Arlene Foster can. She's the one who within the last year has been implicated in fraud on a massive scale costing her electorate something like £500 million.

I suppose even Piers Morgan had to get it right once in his life: "Does Theresa May think she won? Never seen such a bonkers, deluded speech."

It sounded like the speech she had prepared for a resounding win. My wife and I agreed (as we do sometimes :)) that she sounded hollow and lacking any authority.

I'd be praising her if I were him and hoping she stays until the next election.

The next leader after her just may not upset the young, boot the pensioners in the bollocks and start threatening to kill lickle furry foxes in their manifesto a month before the vote :D
Ha :)

Out of interest Kenny, as a Tory voter what do you make of her carrying on under the circs?

Coalition of Christian Crackpots?

This axis is the most damaging one. N.Ireland is the most sensitive part of the UK to Brexit- that Border, the Good Friday Agreement and the majority voting against Brexit, now have an anti-Europe coalition riding over the wishes of the majority. Where will it blow first?

This axis is the most damaging one. N.Ireland is the most sensitive part of the UK to Brexit- that Border, the Good Friday Agreement and the majority voting against Brexit, now have an anti-Europe coalition riding over the wishes of the majority. Where will it blow first?

Can't see the DUP bending over the way the LibDem's did.

One the anti-Europe thing you have to bear in mind that it wouldn't have mattered if Labour had got in either as they're also an anti-Europe party now.

She's not able to form a government. Arlene Foster can. She's the one who within the last year has been implicated in fraud on a massive scale costing her electorate something like £500 million.

Arlene Foster is by far the least talented and most abject leader of a political party that I have heard for some time. And the DUP,; if you thought that UKIP were knuckle draggers the DUP make them sound like The Brains Trust.

Which all begs the question why the f*ck could Corbyn not capitalise on her dire performance and win outright?

He'll never have a better chance again. I'm sure the next leader will learn from that performance, although politicians at this time don't seem to have much grey matter to do this so I could be wrong.

Refusing to look into tuition fee's, the onslaught against pensioner's and I'm being serious here, the fox hunting issue absolutely stuffed her.

She got way more seats than I expected seeing just how many people she'd pissed off with that incredible manifesto of hers.

I hate talking politics but this debacle is riviting, I simply am in awe of the incompetence of so many on both sides.

Which all begs the question why the f*ck could Corbyn not capitalise on her dire performance and win outright?

He'll never have a better chance again. I'm sure the next leader will learn from that performance, although politicians at this time don't seem to have much grey matter to do this so I could be wrong.

That must be the worry for Labour. With the Tories that bad why was their progress so limited? Maybe they should have put up a campaign in Scotland for one thing.

I don't agree. He was coming from a heck of a long way back and with a truly hostile and often blatantly lying press against him. He now has a serious platform from which to sell his vision and to unify his party. He is in a very good position indeed. He may not even be the leader at the next election as he is quite elderly, but make no mistake, he has moved the goalposts and energised a new generation like no other politician in my lifetime. He just has to not blow it now and let the disgraced and humiliated Tories collect their just Brexit deserts.

The Tory/DUP not-even-a-coalition of chaos is unstable and unlikely to last long. You could put good money on another election soon, however the electorate doesn't want one, and...

The parliamentary maths says there's only one 'strong and stable' two party coalition possible - a coalition of national unity containing both Labour and Tories to see us through Brexit. It sounds far-fetched, and neither side's current leader would be acceptable to the other, but the Brexit clock is ticking and we can't afford to waste any more time...

Kind regards

- Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back