advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Does anyone understand what these players are meant to be doing? What is expected of them in the team structure, patterns of play, etc? I mean, when we watch club football we understand the role players have within a team structure.

What on earth is this committee doing?

Does anyone understand what these players are meant to be doing? What is expected of them in the team structure, patterns of play, etc? I mean, when we watch club football we understand the role players have within a team structure.
It's completely obvious to me that when the back four line up and Rice is alone just in front of them then ENG have zero ideas and it all looks incredibly static. Against SLO it just made the game really boring as they were happy to sit and draw 0-0, but against anyone else all that space in front of Rice just becomes where all the other sides best players will create good chances.

Although playing the players everyone said he should play does seem to be some kind of progress.

What on earth is this committee doing?
At this level players need to be flexible, first half was typical old style football, rigid & ineffective but when the changes were made, players were moving & thinking. Watch Palmers play from when he came on, he was moving, thinking & affecting the forward play.

I have been screaming for this guy to start in this tournament because he is an international style player, he shows zero fear of opposition & has the skills to win matches.

There’s a pattern, opposition put 10 men behind the ball, we can’t break them down, Southgate changes things too late.

I thought Foden was a big plus tonight, Palmer made the most of his 20 minutes and Gordon managed to look quite good in the ludicrously short time Southgate gave him. Another plus was Gallagher, so anonymous that should be the last we see of him.

Bellingham could have been pulled at half time and Foden put in the middle.

Cheers BB

My mother in law (86) texted wanting to know how much does Gareth Southgate get paid to manage the Worst England Football Team she can ever remember. £4.8 million a year I replied. Good God she said. No wonder he won't give it up.
There have been far worse performances than this England team have managed. Keegan & co not even qualifying is one of them. There are so many ahead of this bunch.

Can somebody please explain what happens to Slovenia in third place with the same metrics as Denmark? I see they have been positioned in third based on European ranking but why were there so happy to have drawn against England tonight, as if they had qualified, thereby turning the last 16 into 17?

Can somebody please explain what happens to Slovenia in third place with the same metrics as Denmark? I see they have been positioned in third based on European ranking but why were there so happy to have drawn against England tonight, as if they had qualified, thereby turning the last 16 into 17?

There’s a pattern, opposition put 10 men behind the ball, we can’t break them down, Southgate changes things too late.

I thought Foden was a big plus tonight, Palmer made the most of his 20 minutes and Gordon managed to look quite good in the ludicrously short time Southgate gave him. Another plus was Gallagher, so anonymous that should be the last we see of him.

Bellingham could have been pulled at half time and Foden put in the middle.

Cheers BB
I agree with every word, apart from changing could for should…

advertisement

Back