advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Here's my team for tonight that I've just done on the BBC website.
Playing 4-2-3-1
Ramsdale, TAA, Konsa, Gomez, Guehi, Mainoo, Wharton, Bowen, Palmer, Gordon, Watkins.
England's players have looked jaded and I think it would be a good idea to rest players for the up and coming games and also to see how other squad players perform. I still believe Southgate has no idea what his best team and tactics (does he have any tactics) are.

Agree, preferably Rum. Imbibing significant quantities is exactly what's required to believe that England can beat any team by 3 clear goals.

We've already qualified so this is the perfect match for Southgate to dazzle us with goals and silence his critics.

Playing 4-2-3-1
Ramsdale, TAA, Konsa, Gomez, Guehi, Mainoo, Wharton, Bowen, Palmer, Gordon, Watkins.
England's players have looked jaded and I think it would be a good idea to rest players for the up and coming games and also to see how other squad players perform. I still believe Southgate has no idea what his best team and tactics (does he have any tactics) are.
Well, its a theory.

On the other hand, picking a team which haven't played together along with a TAA who apparently can't defend in place of Walker who really can could mean we lose the game & face a better team in the next round?

I wouldn't mind him making a few changes but not that many;)

Playing 4-2-3-1
I won't be surprised if the selection committee goes with an unchanged team though I suspect one change and that will be Gallagher for Arnold. I'll be pleased to see Arnold out of the side but I wouldn't go with Gallagher. We all have our opinions and I think he's over-rated.

Alternatively, given how the committee operates it could be a wholesale experimental lineup, formation and tactic change during the competition.

I won't be surprised if the selection committee goes with an unchanged team though I suspect one change and that will be Gallagher for Arnold. I'll be pleased to see Arnold out of the side but I wouldn't go with Gallagher.

I agree in that I don't see how Gallagher fixes the problem which seems at least in part formation based as well as player based. So if he comes on and they stick with the current setup (double pivot or whatever they call it these days) then I don't see how it's any different than what we have seen so far when Gallagher has come on.

I agree in that I don't see how Gallagher fixes the problem which seems at least in part formation based as well as player based. So if he comes on and they stick with the current setup (double pivot or whatever they call it these days) then I don't see how it's any different than what we have seen so far when Gallagher has come on.
Gallagher runs about a lot.

Should be 4-3-3 for me, or with the players selected for the squad, even 4-4-2.

France look a good side but they struggle to score goals which is odd given the players they have.

I've been a bit disappointed by France, Italy and Spain and Germany's losing too many goals.

Holland have looked good I thought maybe an outsider for the tournament?

Dutch have been disappointingly poor, but Austrians have been brutal. Can’t see them finishing with 11 men on the field at this rate.

Well, its a theory.

On the other hand, picking a team which haven't played together along with a TAA who apparently can't defend in place of Walker who really can could mean we lose the game & face a better team in the next round?

I wouldn't mind him making a few changes but not that many;)
They train and practice with each other everyday. I consider my line up is far better balanced than the teams Southgate has picked so far. Who are these better teams we could face? 😁 What's the point in taking all these players if you are not going to use them?
Southgate has been manager of England for 8yrs? and doesn't appear to have learnt anything, having just seen the team for tonight it has to be said he really knows how to make sweeping changes.

advertisement

Back