advertisement

Trump Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Max (Flynn) when you need him?

I am left wondering what effing-odd circs might constitute such a 'need'.

...19 tequilas later we had a deal
Havana goes back to the mob
And Fidel and I open a chain of Kentucky Fried Chicken shops...

Nope.

I must count myself 'unimaginative.'

Regarding Volkskrant/Nieuwsuur secret service scoop that confirms US secret services claims/communications. Same journalist not very long ago interviewed Snowden. The scoop about dutch AIVD/MIVD that time was those dutch secret services are basicly taking orders from FBI/NSA, they are not independent. This was quite a scoop too, dutch secret service director denied, but cabinet minister could not support his secret service director nor could he say Snowden was inaccurate. He knew he could face charges that he lied to parliament if Snowden showed documents, so he just said he couldn't say a thing.

So a foreign secret service supports what FBI is saying, but same journalists revealed that that foreign secret service basicly is run by the FBI. So what does this new scoop tell us? FBI felt it urgently needed support in the media ?

if you knew your history then you'd know what that actually means. Post the Cambridge group and any number of other incidents where the USA lost umpteen intelligence agents executed by the Warsaw Pact nations after being ratted out by European "traitors" the USA demanded "first dibs" and the "right" to withhold information from fellow NATO members in the interests of their own National Security. Now, you can argue the merits of that particular policy and the USA was utterly hypocritical when it came to "Intelligence and the Ireland question" however, that was the practical realities of cold war espionage.

One of the chief problems the USA security services had surrounding the whole 9/11 incidents was that, they were told by German, French and British intelligence sources to expect an attack using civilian aircraft as weapons weeks before it actually happened and they apparently, ignored the warning. It all began a few weeks before 9/11 when a "person of interest" in Germany vanished from their apartment. That person's self professed method of attack was using civilian aircraft as weapons, they had published pamphlets and the how to. The German intelligence agencies took his disappearance to mean he intended to strike and they warned all other Western intelligence agencies. A few days later the French Intelligence services intercepted and sent back to Tunisia, two males of Arabic ethnicity who were attempting to board a flight to the UK. The French believed they were to participate in a hijacking and informed other Western Nations. At the time of 9/11 the whole of Western Europe was on a high alert, specifically referring to the use of planes as weapons by terrorists.

What the Dutch revelations do lend some credence to is that I have been told by more than a couple of journos. That being that, the USA is and i quote here "Furious with the UK" that it failed to pass on intelligence about Russian operations in 2014". Now let me think, who was Home Secretary in 2014 and who spends their life crawling up the backside of Drumpf?

Last edited:
Is there any other country in the world that this question would be asked of?

The 3 worst school shootings in history are listed below.

1. Beslan school siege Sep 1 2004 Beslan, North Ossetia-Alania Russia
334 Killed
783 Injured
FME Killed by special forces
2. Garissa University College attack Apr 2 2015 Garissa Kenya
148 Killed
79 Injured
F 4 killed and 5 arrested
3. Peshawar massacre Dec 16 2014 Peshawar Pakistan
148 Killed
114 Injured

The 3 worst school shootings in history are listed below.

1. Beslan school siege Sep 1 2004 Beslan, North Ossetia-Alania Russia
334 Killed
783 Injured
2. Garissa University College attack Apr 2 2015 Garissa Kenya
148 Killed
79 Injured
F 4 killed and 5 arrested
3. Peshawar massacre Dec 16 2014 Peshawar Pakistan
148 Killed
114 Injured
You quote single shooting incident stats from Pakistan, Kenya & Russia, perpetrated by militants/terrorists as some sort of counter to 11 US school shootings in January carried out by US teenagres & citizens?
I'm not sure where what the comparison suggests?

It suggests there are other shitholes in the world. Anyplace occupied by humans can go shithole at any time. Even Norway the Wonderful had a bad moment.

I guess the difference is between 'a bad moment' and 'a succession of bad moments over several years with no solution in sight because of the power of the gun lobby'.

I wonder how many of their children have been killed in school shootings?
Is there any other country in the world that this question would be asked of?
These incidents capture the mind unduly. The count of eleven includes shots fired incidents in which no one was struck by gunfire.

There's what-50,000,000 or so kids in school in the US? Put any number of deaths you've got up against that. The rate does not merit the sort of 'aren't those people awful' speculation in which you are indulging.

I guess the difference is between 'a bad moment' and 'a succession of bad moments over several years with no solution in sight because of the power of the gun lobby'.

We have too many guns, and too much insanity, and I agree that not enough is being done about either.

It's not a case of how many died in the recent shootings - it's the fact that they are so prevalent due to many factors in the US & it highlights the problem. What happened after the LV biggest mass shooting in ? years - Nothing? Do you need more to die before the NRA madness is addressed?

Do these other countries have the equivalent of the NRA - a powerful & rich gun lobby whose main concern are profits & who are at the core of the mass shooting issues in the US?
What about the pharma sector & lobby - another group in it for the money & to hell with the citizens?
What about the whole health sector - the only so called civilised country in the western world which has no unified health coverage - the excuse for this & the rest of the republican policies - if you are poor it's your own choice!!

I'm not indulging in "aren't those people awful" speculation - I'm talking about the US political system & the way the citizens are treated as fodder for the great capitalist machine which it appears to me epitomises the US. I also find it ironic that Trump calls other countries shitholes when there's a stinking pile right outside the whitehouse

"Is there any other country in the world that this question would be asked of?"

I answered your question. Apologies if you did not like the answer.

"Is there any other country in the world that this question would be asked of?"

I answered your question. Apologies if you did not like the answer.

I'm sure Clunas can answer for himself, but it's nothing to do with liking. It's the difference between isolated incidents and a repeating pattern.

Clunas wonders "how many of their children have been killed in school shootings?
Is there any other country in the world that this question would be asked of?"

The three countries that I listed above should be considered when answering this question.

If you are going to include political terrorism, civil war etc then you may as well cite the Holocaust!

America has a rather unique position in that nutters with guns shooting up schools is commonplace. It is just part of daily life and extremist politicians like Trump and the Republicans very actively enable it.

I’m left wondering what the difference is between a shithole and a swamp. Trump believes they have the latter, so why aren’t they the former?

A swamp is an area of low-lying, uncultivated ground where water collects.

A shithole is an extremely dirty, shabby, or otherwise unpleasant place.

Clunas wonders "how many of their children have been killed in school shootings?
Is there any other country in the world that this question would be asked of?"

The three countries that I listed above should be considered when answering this question.

It’s rather tragic though when we have a school mass killing comparison chart. Picking a couple of particularly heinous examples in no way mitigates the killings in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back