advertisement

Tory MP assaults protester

She retweeted a Tweet (rightly) saying that the assault was horrific, she said that Labour would be all over it (which they are). I don't see any diversion in that.

You might have had a point if she hadn't retweeted the original Tweet, and had used a thumbs down as you claimed, but neither of those were the case - she was _drawing_ attention to the assault, by retweeting the original, not diverting attention from it.
Has to be seen in context. Acres of newsprint, hours of MPs and pundits decrying the new incivility and intolerance in politics: all the nasty Tweets journalists get, just for saying something stupid and racist! Snowflake students denying an MP his right to free speech! Momentum thugs prevent councillors from doing their job of giving away public land to property developers! And then, this: an MP literarily assaults a member of the public, and it's "Labour's going to milk this, mark my words!" It's disproportionate to say the least and very revealing of the media's instincts: normalise, defuse outrageous acts on the part of powerful right-wingers - the Islamophobic articles and public statements, routine abuse of women, threats, and now actual assault - while absolutely monstering left wing politicians and random members of the public for mildly ignorant or off-colour remarks. Nothing exceptional about Kuennessberg here: she's just always a good example of the deference and conformism of political media in general.

Mark Field deserves support not criticism.
He had no idea what that individual was going to do. She was moving quickly towards the chancellor with no security and he stopped the individual. He should be praised for that.
Sex and politics should have nothing to do with this. He didn't punch her, kick her or cause any harm. He stopped her and removed her from the scene potentially putting himself at harm.
Wtf did the individual expect was going to happen. But as someone has pointed out Greenpeace 1 politics 0.

Absolute nonsense.

Where was the heroic take down you're alluding to on this gammon twat?

D9kRk24WwAEZJeJ

'PFM has gone so weak. We will have no chance when the Wigwam attacks let alone ArtOfSound.'

and, across england somewhere in a darkened room, the wigwam crew are in urgent conference....'it's out lads'. 'I told you that matthewr was an informant...we'll need to act NOW or the plot will fail'!
If it all goes dark on PFM quite soon...

Meanwhile, as a member of Greenpeace I have to point out that 'peaceful' is written in the Greenpeace mantra, but not always quite as peaceful as it might be, so he may have some slight reason for concern, but that treatment of a woman whoever she was and whatever she was up to (and everyone KNEW it was greenpeace, no guns, bombs or knives involved) was despicable, OTT and bullying. The man's a twat, no doubt. Who'd want him representing their constituency now?

Well ok, but they'd be wrong too IMO.

...and it's "Labour's going to milk this, mark my words!" It's disproportionate to say the least and very revealing of the media's instincts...

But that was neither what she wrote or implied, that's your spin on what was tweeted. If anything she was saying the Tories had scored an own goal and Labour would be all over them, And shock horror, that's what's happened.

The misogyny on show here is sickening. I’m done with this site.
Someone had to come up with 'misogyny'. It's just brutal actually.

I'm not sure that thug (which he certainly is) would have acted much differently with a man. Well, at least I hope so.

Someone had to come up with 'misogyny'.

I'm not sure that thug (which he certainly is) would have acted much differently with a man. At least I hope so.

Not at all sure...I'd suspect he is cowardly. A 'strong' man in the trad sense would have the confidence not to use violence but try restraint if the was genuinely worried that an assualt was planned or in this case, simply used words with gentle restraint as a last resort (and only then if she had escalated the event). Nah, large fat drunken blustering brainless coward. Sounds like I dislike him? :)

The misogyny on show here is sickening. I’m done with this site.

I sincerely hope no one took my post upthread (#76) as anything other than a reductio ad absurdum take-down of a poster who has already apparently fled in a huff in protest to our ‘PC gone mad’ stance. This site has never been a place that tolerates racism, homophobia, sexism or misogyny and it never will be as long as I run it. I will happily lose any number of posters to make this point!

For those struggling here, a good barometer on these things is "Am I on the same side as Jim Davidson?"

Mark Field acted on impulse. If a woman MP did what Mark did there would be no problem More sexism cards being played. The bottom line? Use female assassins ,no one will stop them incase they get into trouble

https://twitter.com/JimDOfficial/status/1141966222457806853

advertisement

Back