advertisement

Tory MP assaults protester

But that was neither what she wrote or implied, that's your spin on what was tweeted. If anything she was saying the Tories had scored an own goal and Labour would be all over them, And shock horror, that's what's happened.
That's the point though: she just treats it as unexceptional, business as usual, like he'd made a gaffe over funding figures or mooted a poorly thought through policy. I mean, think about it, about your own spin on the Tweet, which I think is an absolutely correct interpretation of what's going on here: "Assaulting this woman has turned out to be a bit of an own goal for the Tories: expect Labour to be all over it". In what world is that normal?

Even Peston feels moved to protest, but his Tweet actually shows us how it became normal for the media just to accept any kind of outrageous behaviour on the part of the right wing establishment:

48102232671_7ddc0a3fcf_z.jpg

There's a very well established journalist and commentator who feels that he basically has to apologise or at least explain why he's saying that he thinks it's wrong for an MP to jump out of his seat and assault a member of the public. They're like beaten dogs, it's depressing.

How long before our own scourge of virtue signalling drops in to upbraid us for our uncivil treatment of Mark Field?

The clip I initially saw on the news was her about 1/2 second away from Mark Field. It wasn't clear if she'd just 'appeared' from behind a pillar and therefore it was an instinctive reaction by him to a threat. But I can see now, that he saw her coming right along the table and quite deliberately assaulted her.

Haha; what kind of pi$$-ant snowflake society are we in these days?

All these complaints of how people are 'disgusted' by this action etc... She's somehow managed to get in, passed security with an aim to cause disruption. She's a security threat and has been treated as such. If it was a bloke, no one would say a thing, but it's not, its a women and the whole world and it's bandwagon jump on the back of it...

That's the more pathetic thing about this

Stop being so pathetic, stop being so soft, stop being so overly PC and just accept that she got what she deserved! There are ways and means of doing things; she did it wrong, she got booted out! End of, tough shit!
Couldn’t agree with you more. These modern times hey when you can’t even shove a woman in to a pillar before putting your hands round her throat. Totally ridiculous.

As far as his true constituency is concerned, the shifting of the narrative to assault and-or misogyny rather than what Green Peace was protesting is succeeding beyond their wildest dreams because ostriches and click counts.

PFM has gone so weak. We will have no chance when the Wigwam attacks let alone ArtOfSound.
They’re coordinating an airlift of bruised egos back to safety. Shocked by the ferocity of snowflake word attacks on their kinsmen. Previous crimes of defection to pfm will be dealt with quietly, later.

Only suspended ‘as a minister’, so presumable ok to carry on as an MP?

“He later told ITV News that guests had "understandably felt threatened" and he had "instinctively reacted" when a protester rushed past”
Bollocks, full footage shows home eyeing her from several metres away as she approached.

"There was no security present and I was for a split second genuinely worried she might have been armed.
More bollocks, full footage show security already managing the situation.

This man assessed the situation, saw there was no threat to himself, and decided to heroically bring down a foe far smaller than himself. He is like the little boy at the back of a pack taunting a small child on the playground. Once one of the big boys has decked the victim, he runs up and puts the boot in then runs away shouting “l had him, did you see? I really had him I did”.

A coward and a bully empowered by a party dominated by cowards and bullies.

Good publicity for Greenpeace, bad publicity for the Tories, six pages on pfm and not a peep about Brexit. It's not all bad.

I’ve been to several functions at the Mansion House and one of the things they are very good at is security. Every bag is searched and everybody has to walk through an airport style metal detector.

Perhaps there is a special entrance for Tories where such inconveniences are not in place. Field would have been “searched” on his way in as would the Greenpeace protestors. Field would therefore know that the girl was unarmed and not a danger so to use this excuse is quite frankly b*ll*cks unless there really is a secret Tory entrance and the protester had access. Anyway, why would the Tories want to be “tooled-up” in front of their own ?

She retweeted a Tweet (rightly) saying that the assault was horrific, she said that Labour would be all over it (which they are). I don't see any diversion in that.

You might have had a point if she hadn't retweeted the original Tweet, and had used a thumbs down as you claimed, but neither of those were the case - she was _drawing_ attention to the assault, by retweeting the original, not diverting attention from it.
She retweeted the original, yes, with no comment from herself. But then she quoted a female Labour Party MP saying it's clear Labour will push this tomorrow (I only seen her quote in my Twitter feed).

You seem to interpret this as a harmless statement of fact.

It strikes me as a very partisan hack displaying her frustration that Labour has an opportunity to condemn a Tory MP.

I don't believe any woman who felt genuine empathy with the victim would have made that remark.

Exactly.

If he had an SIA licence, which is a couple of days course learning nothing (done it, have the badge), it would be deemed perfectly acceptable.

If someone gate crashed my part uninvited, then I'd do much the same. Who knows what type of weaponry she had hiding in her bloomers.
I'm sorry but you don't remove a woman from the premises the way this thug did.

What you do, if you're security, and I've seen it countless times is politely but firmly ask the woman to leave, while making no contact, and displaying no aggressive body language, rather holding out your hands in a passive way, as per the image below.

storyblocks-scared-young-man-makes-frightened-gesture-with-palms-defends-himself-from-someone-asks-to-stop-it-immediately-dark-haired-guy-says-stay-away-from-me-shows-stop-sign-body-language-concept_HYdxrgvdG_SB_PM.jpg

What this Tory MP did was assault, as it would be had any licensed security person done it.

What you do, if you're security, and I've seen it countless times is politely but firmly ask the woman to leave, while making no contact, and displaying no aggressive body language, rather holding out your hands in a passive way, as per the image below.

storyblocks-scared-young-man-makes-frightened-gesture-with-palms-defends-himself-from-someone-asks-to-stop-it-immediately-dark-haired-guy-says-stay-away-from-me-shows-stop-sign-body-language-concept_HYdxrgvdG_SB_PM.jpg

What this Tory MP did was assault, as it would be had any licensed security person done it.
Exactly

Of course, now that he’s been suspended, any Tory can cite sub judice and refuse to answer any questions or make any comment.

I realise that this will be a waste of typing time but...

.... When I study the video he is seated as she makes to go by him...he reaches out an arm from the seated position to stop her and she attempts to press on past him. He then escalates his efforts to restrain her. Your licensed security person picture could not apply at the time. But as you are an expert could you post the picture of how to stop someone whilst you are seated and they are moving behind you.?

Wouldn't trust any political party to be honest but jesus this place is full of soft twats. My teachers were rougher!
I know many nightclub bouncers who wouldn't dream of handling a woman in that way, nor would I on the few occasions I worked on doors.

Showing due respect to the weaker sex doesn't mean a man's soft. The opposite, I'd say.

advertisement

Back