advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

To replace the tories you and others moan about so much the UK needs Labour to win a majority of seats in a FPTP system. A minority of voters in Scotland have reduced Labour seats from 41 to 1, thus making it more difficult for Labour to gain that majority and remove the tories.

I understand why you don’t want to accept your contribution to the tories being in govt but there is much more to it than the English. The tories do not have a majority voting for them in England.

This simply isn't true. The opposition does not need a Labour majority to form a government.

The Tory lunatic fringe (i.e. 83.5% of the party) will be bitterly disappointed when the incompetent Truss fails to live up the promises.

Within months, her (many) failures will see her cast as a remainer/LibDem traitor by the ERG.

The 1922 Committee will look to oust her in early 2023.

I will be very surprised if she is still PM this time next year.

The Tory lunatic fringe (i.e. 83.5% of the party) will be bitterly disappointed when the incompetent Truss fails to live up the promises.

Within months, her (many) failures will see her cast as a remainer/LibDem traitor by the ERG.

You may be right. And it has now been two Tory PMs (maybe soon 3) who have failed to complete even one term. This should disqualify them as incompetent.

They probably would if they didn't think New Labour had no interest in their concerns.

Which 'nationalists' are the north of England voting for though?
The Scots here wouldn't.

You would have to check the level of UKIP / EDL support to see if those parties are supported in the north of England, I wouldn't know off the top of my head but I doubt it's much. They certainly won't get enough support to be running the country anytime soon.

Anyway, I thought in 2019 it was actually a vote for leaving the EU and not a vote for nationalism at all.

And replace her with a repentant Boris who will have 'learned a lesson', 'moved on' and all the usual gubbins.

I remember the good ol’ days of pfm when it was the EU Titanic that was relentlessly heading for the iceberg, now it appears the SS Brexit Island is the vessel heading for the very large mass of ice-one-h. We’ve had three captains at the wheel with one old codger trying to wrest it from them, yet the course seems fixed.

‘They’. That’s the point- ‘they’ have ditched Labour and the Tories and are now making very different political choices. ‘They’ voted by a clear majority to remain in the EU yet were pulled out of it by a party they never voted by a majority for in nearly 70 years. The debate here seems to be largely what ‘they’ can or can’t do electorally for us.
You're scraping the barrel with this 'they' nonsense.

Ditch Labour by all means, try for independence by all means just stop complaining about the Tory govt of a UK you don't give a damn about. Be honest.

You would have to check the level of UKIP / EDL support to see if those parties are supported in the north of England, I wouldn't know off the top of my head but I doubt it's much. They certainly won't get enough support to be running the country anytime soon.
The reason I asked is I didn't know which nationalists were being referenced as being voted for by people in the north of England. Best to leave it or it will be another 10 pages of passing ships.
Anyway, I thought in 2019 it was actually a vote for leaving the EU and not a vote for nationalism at all.
It was. That and the effects of the smear against Corbyn where the Labour Party actively undermined Labour seats and let the Tories in to destroy Corbyn. We know they did that, they were caught cheering about it.

This simply isn't true. The opposition does not need a Labour majority to form a government.
Reality is no party is going to get a majority other than tory or Labour. 40 seats taken from Labour in our skewed FPTP system means the chance of a Labour majority is badly damaged. Going on to then whinge endlessly about a tory govt is frankly pathetic.

You're scraping the barrel with this 'they' nonsense.

Ditch Labour by all means, try for independence by all means just stop complaining about the Tory govt of a UK you don't give a damn about. Be honest.

I think your anger comes from a realisation that Scots vote differently from you, why should the seats be Labour? they dont own them, the people vote as they choose, they just don't vote Labour, and you can't stand it.

The reason I asked is I didn't know which nationalists were being referenced as being voted for by people in the north of England. Best to leave it or it will be another 10 pages of passing ships.

It was. That and the effects of the smear against Corbyn where the Labour Party actively undermined Labour seats and let the Tories in to destroy Corbyn. We know they did that, they were caught cheering about it.
Yes, I would agree.

Apparently, people in the north of England are actually racists. I've read that somewhere, anyway.

I think your anger comes from a realisation that Scots vote differently from you, why should the seats be Labour? they dont own them, the people vote as they choose, they just don't vote Labour, and you can't stand it.
Nonsense but keep spinning.

Never mind. I find the goalposts a bit too far to the right though, can you shift them for me please?

Off for half-time oranges.

I think it's been widely known here that if you vote anything but Labour, you will annoy the life of Brian.
We’re somehow expected to indulge this relentless cluelessness on a never ending basis-endorses dozens of posts by a(now banned) ukip shill and by Tories and even linked to Liz Truss today to support his agenda. Something doesn’t add up lol.

advertisement

Back