advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

These photos of Sunak working in Soup Kitchens really are a bad idea. All it does is create the sense that we now live in a soup kitchen and occasionally rich people do a bit of volunteering there.

Were do they find these people. Whats going on inside their brains? How is that an acceptable thing to say.

Conservative MP Sally Anne Hart on social media this morning in a clip that appears to show her stating that people with learning difficulties should be paid less because "they don't understand money".

Hart is a member of the Conservative Common Sense group who among other things believe that
Black Lives Matter, Extinction Rebellion et al, are subversives fuelled by ignorance and an arrogant determination to erase the past and determine the future.

Conservative MP Sally Anne Hart on social media this morning in a clip that appears to show her stating that people with learning difficulties should be paid less because "they don't understand money".

She should be careful saying things like that, she'll be thrown out of the Common Sense Group for being a hand-wringing liberal. Slavery or euthanasia would be more like it.

A fascinating couple of graphs from Richard Murphy in the FT highlighting just how deranged the Tories are economically these days. The most far-right party in the “developed world”. More batshit crazy than even Trump’s GOP.

PS I question the position of Labour, though in fairness the data is from 2022. I’d put Starmer top-right quadrant of the second graph now. To the left of the Tories, but not by much. The FT article doesn’t seem paywalled if entering via the Twitter link.

A fascinating couple of graphs from Richard Murphy in the FT highlighting just how deranged the Tories are economically these days. The most far-right party in the “developed world”. More batshit crazy than even Trump’s GOP.
Surprised to see the second graph shows Labour still in the Left/Progressive quadrant.

Also quiet funny that it shows them aligning themselves most closely with Lib Dem voters.

Edit: ah - the article is from 2022. I suspect the position of both parties will have shifted somewhat since then.

Also quiet funny that it shows them aligning themselves most closely with Lib Dem voters.

I added a PS as that baffled me too. I put the LDs a long way to the left of Starmer/Rees, but the data used seems to be from 2022, which may be before Starmer had fully abandoned all his pledges and started larping as NuThatcher.

advertisement

Back