advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. Respect to these two women who would get my vote.

I'd rather they(Just Oil) inconvenienced MPs and the like, instead,(in this case) of trying to ruin a work of art. So it made the news for a day, and one of them a vicar. Feck all has changed.
This not a pop at you Paul, its just the way I feel protests need to be more directed, at the establishment.

I'd rather they(Just Oil) inconvenienced MPs and the like, instead,(in this case) of trying to ruin a work of art. So it made the news for a day, and one of them a vicar. Feck all has changed.
This not a pop at you Paul, its just the way I feel protests need to be more directed, at the establishment.
How is it a work of art?

A work of cultural and historical significance maybe.

No, if there is art here, it is the idea of an object that is a byword for the birth of democracy and rights of citizens being the focus of an action to highlight the removal of rights to protest and the bypassing of international agreements we have signed because our prime minister has interests in gas and oil, and uses his position to further them (at the expense of our children's future) rather than renewables - well, for me, anyway, that does have some grim conceptual artistic quality.

It’s a symptom of our apathy IMO. So many of us feel somewhat strongly but so few demonstrate or protest in any organised fashion. It drives the committed outliers to more direct activities.

How is it a work of art?

A work of cultural and historical significance maybe.

No, if there is art here, it is the idea of an object that is a byword for the birth of democracy and rights of citizens being the focus of an action to highlight the removal of rights to protest and the bypassing of international agreements we have signed because our prime minister has interests in gas and oil, and uses his position to further them (at the expense of our children's future) rather than renewables - well, for me, anyway, that does have some grim conceptual artistic quality.
Dear me, its pendants united on this site, sometimes. Is this the way you deal with an answer you dont agree with, nit pick it. Whether its a piece of art or not, is not up for question, its the direction the action took that I dont agree with. Take it down to Parliment Square, strip off naked and stick your dicks and fannies together, while chained to Risky Ballsacks door. Then I'm in.

It’s a symptom of our apathy IMO. So many of us feel somewhat strongly but so few demonstrate or protest in any organised fashion. It drives the committed outliers to more direct activities.
No apathy from me, I've been on many protests. Saltley Gate being my first.

The biggest story today is that the then-Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice was a direct witness to a criminal attempt to pervert the course of justice, and covered it up for four years because it involved one of his political allies.

A good point from ‘The Secret Barrister‘ on Twitter. It is highly amusing that Robert Buckland splashes the fact he’s fundamentally corrupt across the Sundays. He should clearly be struck off.

Dear me, its pendants united on this site, sometimes. Is this the way you deal with an answer you dont agree with, nit pick it. Whether its a piece of art or not, is not up for question, its the direction the action took that I dont agree with. Take it down to Parliment Square, strip off naked and stick your dicks and fannies together, while chained to Risky Ballsacks door. Then I'm in.
I was against actions on cultural icons, works of art etc.
I've come round now to the view we need anything and everything. (So if you'd like to instigate the action you describe in your post, go for it, I'll certainly enjoy reading about it).
Not a lot of point to art without a world, or just being displayed in an oligarchs bunker after the rest of the world has been rendered uninhabitable.
So I'm very good with two oldies doing their best in this case

I was against actions on cultural icons, works of art etc.
I've come round now to the view we need anything and everything. So if youd like to instigate the action you describe in your post, go for it, I'll certainly enjoy reading about it.
Not a lot of point to art without a world, or just being displayed in an oligarchs bunker after the rest of the world has been rendered uninhabitable.
So I'm very good with two oldies doing their best in this case
Fair enough, 👍I just think that the old ladies action, could be better directed.
We should never settle for second best on protesting. Make it as big a loud and inconvenient as it can be for those that cause the problem.

Nadhim Zahawi’s lawyer is at risk of facing sanctions for attempting to restrict a critic of the former chancellor with intimidatory warnings.

first time a solicitor has been referred to a tribunal over an alleged ‘Slapp’ — a strategic lawsuit against public participation

FT journalist Jim Pickard. Link to article in the Twitter post.

PS Very significant IMO. Way too much UK law exists to prevent those without money speaking truth to those with.
Could this be the same Zahawi that is now joining the Barclay empire as chairman of Very/Littlewoods?
Conservative MP Nadhim Zahawi appointed chair of The Very Group (FT, paywall)

Not a lot of point to art without a world
In a nutshell. Anyone who doesn't understand that simply doesn't understand the scale of what we're facing.

I think any protest is valid. Whether it's Greenpeace occupying North Sea drilling platforms, or draping Rishi Sunak's home in black banners, or old ladies gluing themselves to the Magna Carta. If it makes the news and raises awareness then it's worthwhile.

Better than protest action would be a government enacting policies to arrest global warming which beggars the question why are the Greens stuck around 7% in the polls whereas Reform have come from nowhere and are currently on 13%?

I suspect there is a >25 IQ point difference between the typical Green and Reform voter. The former will fully understand FPTP gerrymandering as what it is and many will chose tactical voting. The latter will just vote for racism and nationalism/tribalism without any further thought.

I suspect there is a >25 IQ point difference between the typical Green and Reform voter. The former will fully understand FPTP gerrymandering as what it is and many will chose tactical voting. The latter will just vote for racism and nationslism/tribalism without any further thought.
I think there's also the fact that one party is telling people there are serious consequences to the way we behave as a society and the other is telling people they can do whatever the **** they like and it doesn't matter.

I think there's also the fact that one party is telling people there are serious consequences to the way we behave as a society and the other is telling people they can do whatever the **** they like and it doesn't matter.

Hmm. Which do you think is more attractive to the typical voter?

Hmm. Which do you think is more attractive to the typical voter?
Bingo. And which one do you think is being honest? There isn't a cuddly voter-friendly way to present catastrophic environmental collapse.

The irony being that you'd think a xenophobic party obsessed with immigration would be concerned about billions of people fleeing their homes as the sea level rises, food shortages kick in and political order breaks down.

Bingo. And which one do you think is being honest? There isn't a cuddly voter-friendly way to present catastrophic environmental collapse.

The irony being that you'd think a xenophobic party obsessed with immigration would be concerned about billions of people fleeing their homes as the sea level rises, food shortages kick in and political order breaks down.
If you're at all rationally minded and fact driven it can be very difficult to get your head around the irrationality, inconsistency, and contradictions of the modern far right. But expecting people who are various proportions of angry, short-sighted, delusional and plain stupid to make sense is probably unreasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back