advertisement

Top 5 Integrated Amps

Sugden a21a, still one of the most musical amps I’ve ever heard.
Pioneer a400gte, a diamond in the rough, edge of your seat stuff.
Vitus ss010, now looks like good value compared to 025.
Musical fidelity synthesis.my first audio love affair, blew up!
Sansui 717, real musical gem

All solid state as only owned one integrated valve amp, I have a taste for class A.
All my valves have been pre power dht types so wide tastes.

I can only really say the best 5 integrateds I’ve owned for a decent period of time, and really enjoyed. A demo with someone else’s kit in someone else’s room, makes it difficult to be objective about how good something actually is!

In alpha order.

Gryphon Diablo
Hegel H590
Lavardin IT
Luxman 590
YBA IA350
Agree the Diablo belongs on a top 5 list. My last upgrade was from ncore400 mono amps + MFA baby ref to a Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated and it easily beat the MFA and ncore combination on all SQ parameters. But it does run rather hot:D

Instead of 5 best amplifiers, we should have the PFM 5 most liked amps.
Naim Nait 2
Exposure Super XV
Sugden A21

I’m thinking about building another system for vinyl only and I already have a decent phono stage.
This question is likely a can of worms but what would be the very best integrated amps either new or used in the last 30 or so years?
Many thanks!
Densen and Gamut produce integrated amps that may be near top performers ? Very expensive though.
If a Gamut amp in black came up for sale pre owned id be tempted .

Bit late to this one, but mine would be

QED A240 - punchy, lively and dynamic
NVA AP30 - sweet, open but still musical
Sonneteer Alabaster- soulful
Naim Nait XS mk1 - absolute sweet spot of a Naim amp. Far more complete than Nait 1 / 2 and more musical than a Supernait! An absolute bargain imho (I’ve owned all of them)

advertisement

Back