advertisement

Tone Poet Blue Notes

My replacements arrived from the Blue Note store, just as badly packaged and damaged as the first order, so that’s two copies of Tone Poem and OFU they have trashed. I’m going for a refund now. I don’t need OFU and I’ll just buy the CD of Tone Poem from Amazon at some point (it will be a digital recording).
Tony sorry you seem to be having a bad time with Amazon deliveries. Not sure what price you ordered at, but it is now on there at about £44 from both and Amazon and a market place dealer (no +postage). It was up for £50, but I think I did see it as low as £36. Possibly worth trying to market place dealer as I would think it would their packaging? Or waiting to see if the price drops further as you say.

Tony sorry you seem to be having a bad time with Amazon deliveries.

Not Amazon, this is Blue Note’s own GB store. Amazon’s packaging is usually very good indeed, plus they obviously doesn’t need to contend with third-party couriers like Yodel, Hermes etc as they manage their own logistics. I can’t actually remember the last time I had any issue with a record delivered by Amazon.

Tony sorry you seem to be having a bad time with Amazon deliveries. Not sure what price you ordered at, but it is now on there at about £44 from both and Amazon and a market place dealer (no +postage). It was up for £50, but I think I did see it as low as £36. Possibly worth trying to market place dealer as I would think it would their packaging? Or waiting to see if the price drops further as you say.
Sorry I missed while reading you had said it came from the Blue Note store and you had previously said you got them in their sale at a good price. I was thinking about my own recent packing problems from Amazon where you are thinking of replacing them from. In the past they have always been very good, but hit and miss recently on adequate packaging. Luckily with no damage resulting.

Not Amazon, this is Blue Note’s own GB store. Amazon’s packaging is usually very good indeed, plus they obviously doesn’t need to contend with third-party couriers like Yodel, Hermes etc as they manage their own logistics. I can’t actually remember the last time I had any issue with a record delivered by Amazon.

I'm having bad luck with Amazon - today I received a Charles Lloyd that was in shrink wrap with the TP sticker on it rather than the looser perforated bag - assume this was a re-wrapped return so is going back. I'm definitely sticking with Juno from now on, packaging from them has been excellent.

I preordered from the Blue Note UK tour months ago, including titles that were being released on May 7. I'm getting impatient now. Also sorry to hear of Tony's travails. It seems to me that Blue Note are slacking. I've had some pressing flaw issues in the past also that have not been resolved. I'd class myself as mildly disgruntled.

I'm having bad luck with Amazon - today I received a Charles Lloyd that was in shrink wrap with the TP sticker on it rather than the looser perforated bag - assume this was a re-wrapped return so is going back. I'm definitely sticking with Juno from now on, packaging from them has been excellent.

FWIW, I hear that's how the Charles LLoyd is supposed to be wrapped - tight shrink rather than the bag for the TP reissue.

I’ve only played it a couple of times and thought I heard some clipping in a couple of places, but nothing I’d get agitated about at all. The album didn’t make much of an impression on me initially, maybe dampened by my order arriving damaged (now resolved/refunded), but I played it again last night and rather enjoyed it. I suspect it is a grower.

I’ve only played it a couple of times and thought I heard some clipping in a couple of places, but nothing I’d get agitated about at all.

My agitation has evaporated now I am convinced there is nothing wrong with my arm, cartridge or set up skills.

The album didn’t make much of an impression on me - but I played it again last night and rather enjoyed it. I suspect it is a grower.

I’d put this and McCoy Tyner’s Tender Moments in that category. So looking forward to Katanga, Stick Up and (eventually) Dance With Death.

I’d put this and McCoy Tyner’s Tender Moments in that category. So looking forward to Katanga, Stick Up and (eventually) Dance With Death.

The McCoy Tyner surprised me as it wasn’t what I was expecting at all, and in a good way. I’ve had Katanga on pre-order at Amazon for ages, so hopefully the final price isn’t too crazy.

I have a growing desire to buy all these Tone Poet series which I am trying to R E S I S T ...! I have a few of the LPs on other pressings but the desire to have the 'definitive' repress is quite tempting. Quite strange that it seems to have taken so long for Blue Note to work out how to properly reissue their own albums but now they have it seems like might be worth going with it.

advertisement

Back