advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Just changed the radio station; i've had enough of electioneering already.

Radio 3 for the next month, luckily will be in France for a week of it too.

Whoever wins we'll still have one of the best governments of any of the countries i've been to.

WFH today but really not feeling it, gonna jack in a minute. Have a work issue involving Camden Council and Veolia, I'm struggling to decide who is the more inept of the two parties. Couldn't swim last nght so we're going tonight.

Cheers BB

We had a massive grant from Veolia for our community project recently which will benefit hundreds if not thousands

Hopefully that means our bins will get emptied today without a call to the council. One day maybe they'll even keep all the recycling separated rather than tipping all the different bins insisted upon into one big lorry.

The Wife has booked some holidays.
Something about an air show or something in Dorset? sounds exciting, but I can’t remember what she said.
Going back to Portugal later in the year to stop with Bro-in-Law & his Missus - they live in a dead quiet place in what feels like the middle of nowhere.
I reckon we will fit another break in once Wife gets her act together.

Impromtu call to Headway brain injury charity revealed good news as more records have sold - ace.

#1 Granddaughter is over this evening - I have a pile of T-Shirts for her to peruse, I am sure one of em will please her, stuff I have bought at concerts etc. so interesting garb.
I have got her a treat, some fancy-pants little tomatoes. Also some Gurnsey full fat milk, as she loves the stuff - we have always pushed milk at the girls as osteoporosis affects the females in our family.

Made some coleslaw - Dutch white cabbage based this time. Lord knows why folks buy it? it is cheap to make and always tastes better - ditto hummus - soo easy to make.

I‘ll be out of the country for the last fortnight of ever-increasing bogus hysteria, thank God.

< ..lanterns and pitchforks circle after dark, in reverence - somewhere in a quiet division of the kingdom of Mercia, where the sunlight and all movement is suspiciously viscid : >

'Marchbanks, Marchbanks!
... Marchbanks of the Towers!

...Because it's our
Count that votes.'

Lazy day today, cooked breakfast for the family (son#2 and daughter#2 here for the weekend.) Caught up on British Superbikes and then watched the play off final, whilst the ladies were out. Cheese and biscuits (with a few extras) for dinner tonight, one of the kids favourites.

Cheers BB

... wondering why everything seems to be so inefficient.

At the beginning of last week, a man from the water company came and cleared the grass off our stopcock out on the verge, and sprayed a bit of blue on the road.

Later in the week, another man came with a listening stick (impressive), and sprayed some more blue on the road and the verge.

Later again, another lot of men came and installed some traffic lights.

Then another lot came and dug a hole.

The next day, a different lot came and looked into it. Nothing happened.

It's Bank Holiday week-end, so no men, but the traffic lights are still there, despite the hole being in the pavement, not the road.

No doubt we can hope for some more men on Tuesday - maybe.

It's all different lots of men, working for different companies. It'll probably get fixed, whatever it is, sometime.

Took the woofer for a walk this evening, bus happened to stop nearby, bugger it went to St.Albans, mile walk along Fispool Street and into Lower Red Lion. Merlot for my lovely wife and a pint, or two of gf Adnams.
Packet of woofer treats and have to scale the hillocks for the return bus, if it shows, or the dog taxi service to Hemel.
Phone on full alert for family event.

... wondering why everything seems to be so inefficient.

At the beginning of last week, a man from the water company came and cleared the grass off our stopcock out on the verge, and sprayed a bit of blue on the road.

Later in the week, another man came with a listening stick (impressive), and sprayed some more blue on the road and the verge.

Later again, another lot of men came and installed some traffic lights.

Then another lot came and dug a hole.

The next day, a different lot came and looked into it. Nothing happened.

It's Bank Holiday week-end, so no men, but the traffic lights are still there, despite the hole being in the pavement, not the road.

No doubt we can hope for some more men on Tuesday - maybe.

It's all different lots of men, working for different companies. It'll probably get fixed, whatever it is, sometime.
Bernard Cribbins will be along next…

crazy day today . lots of gardening and repairing fences
however very elderly member of the family got a very swollen infected hand so having been to urgent care centre she is now on the way to A&e . i will probably have to sit with her later to take over care . ah what would we do without our wonderful A&e !!

busy day - chairing an interview panel. arranging insurance for the new car we collect on Thursday - Admiral make it very easy to do online, got a refund, although they did charge a £13 admin fee. Anyway all set for Thursday now.....

advertisement

Back