advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Hot and cold, wet and windy with thunder here in Essex; glad i refurbed and test ran the barbie at the weekend.

Just losing the pervasive garlic aroma from veggie kebabs.

Knackered a knee yesterday so slow day in the office today with lots of drugs.

Following the lardy cake post, these are traditional fruit teacakes. The portion control is a bit out of control as it were but that was the recipe and my first effort. Another enriched dough recipe, butter, egg, milk and spices, so much more fancy than lardy cake...

Big pub chain in well known high street have decided to build a house next to their car park demolishing trees and hedges . Apparently this house will have a 41db noise in the bedrooms , as this pub has music till 1am and you cant have more than 34db from 11-7am they are asking for complaints . so many live venues close down due to nearby developments . these guys are bonkers to do it. anyway spent quite a bit of time writing to various people with reports etc to try and stop this . be such a shame to lose such a superb venue
Also having driveway done so a massive pile of debris in driveway now awaiting a grab lorry tommorrow

lovely afternoon in the Lower Red Lion. Rescue woofers, footie and partners discussed at length and more than welcome to return apparently, was extradited forcefully to home. fcku me hope buses are running when weather picks up as will try to escape again. Is all that is left, best enjoy a cracker of a few hours

St Michael's?
Yes Simon, cracking selection of sherbet as you know. so nice in the late afternoon/early evening, that was when I first visited in the 80's, finishing graft on a site then lubrication. Probably my favourite pub of all time as it still retains an old charm that seems to have gone. I am not stuck in the past, but this venue suits me as so relaxing. Landlord Dave was introducing our aggressive, non biting rescue, to his own rescue dogs, where else do you get that. Brill.

Yes Simon, cracking selection of sherbet as you know. so nice in the late afternoon/early evening, that was when I first visited in the 80's, finishing graft on a site then lubrication. Probably my favourite pub of all time as it still retains an old charm that seems to have gone. I am not stuck in the past, but this venue suits me as so relaxing. Landlord Dave was introducing our aggressive, non biting rescue, to his own rescue dogs, where else do you get that. Brill.

we love it - one of our favourite in St Albans

Try out Welsh cakes - absolutely delicious. I once ate 32 at one session hot from the oven. Needless to say, I'm Welsh.
More of a scone dough though I believe. I enjoy playing with enriched bread doughs but I've been baking since I used to help my mum (who is/was blind) in the kitchen from a very early age. She was a great cook.

advertisement

Back