advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

up fairly early to take Mrs car to dealership . Eid today so wished a few folks Eid Mubarak

went to pram shop to choose a buggy , there was a very lightweight one there that i though would cost 150 quid .... noooo it was 420 quid but of course it did have a 10 year warrenty !!!!!! bonkers . we found something a lot cheaper

Then word has spread that house is up for sale nearby so had various neighbours visiting to try and do a deal on it ... it went up for sale mid morning and within a very few hours had a good number of viewings booked in. MASSIVE demand for this place due to its location. sadly i dont own it !! just running the sale

After 2 weeks of trying on umpteen pairs of trainers I have found a pair that are just about the shape of my feet. Bright red suede, I wanted green but red will do - anything but boring black or white.

Picking up Granddaughter #1 soon. Chinese food planned for later

Went with Wife and eldest G-Kid to Milldale on the river Dove. Left them to walk the river down to Dovedale. I waited in the Dovedale carpark and paid £4 for a minute National Trust coffee and waited for them to arrive.
I have very strong memories of Dovedale and the surrounding area. We camped near there a lot when I was a child, and I did the same with my kids.
I saw a Hare on the path. They are always bigger than I remember. It eventually got bored and ran up the steep side of the valley. Wonderful.
We took the G-Kid to a fancy eatery in Ashbourne and I ate too much. I purchased said G-Kid ‘The Great Gatsby’ book from a charity shop as we were talking about this only yesterday. She is already reading it.

WFH today and leaving shorlty to drop off some new power tools (replacements from the van robbery) to an employee. Got a 5 week project in Fulham starting on Monday. Mrs BB is out on a jolly so will be making a curry later whilst I wait for the call to collect her from the station.

Cheers BB

whole morning supporting our Ethics team with the start of the implementation of a new system. This afternoon kicking off a team to plan some celebratory events for Sept 2025 - to celebrate a significant milestone for my department.

met estate agent to brief for multiple viewings due today

met with landscape architects who travelled a fair way to look at garden and road project we are doing

Crockers for lunch, 5 course vegetarian tasting menu and a superb Vermentino. Had a fight in Tring high street, settled for a draw.
walk in Gadebridge park and a glass of Greek rose, lovely day.

Mrs BB gone to look at Wedding dresses with Daughter #1. Just cut the grass for the second time, much easier today, got the whole job done on one charge. Will potter about doing a few jobs this afternoon whilst I listen to the football.

Cheers BB

As I crossed the street at a junction today I was shocked to see a lady driving her car one-handed while she cradled her little dog in the crook of her arm. In no way could she be considered to be in full control of that car :eek::eek:

Mrs BB gone to look at Wedding dresses with Daughter #1. Just cut the grass for the second time, much easier today, got the whole job done on one charge. Will potter about doing a few jobs this afternoon whilst I listen to the football.

Cheers BB

nice.

As I crossed the street at a junction today I was shocked to see a lady driving her car one-handed while she cradled her little dog in the crook of her arm. In no way could she be considered to be in full control of that car :eek::eek:

:D

Digging out a broken fence post. Took about 5 hours....dig, dig, dig till you hit concrete....SDS chisel, chisel, chisel, scoop out crap, SDS chisel, chisel, chisel, scoop out crap etc etc, repeat above a hundred times ... eventually got it moving enough to pull it out. When I dropped the new 8 foot post in the hole, the top of the post was only about 5 feet high, so the original must have been well over 8 feet. Filled the hole a bit, positioned the post by packing around with the big lumps of concrete I removed, got it positioned and straight, add Postcrete..... why is 1 bag never enough...

Knackered now, Indian takeaway for tea, as boy is away at Air Cadets camp.

Tomorrow, more Postcrete, and fix 2 new panels, that should be the easy bit. Need to replace another 3 panels and at least one more post, but that bit of the fence has ivy growing on it, and has a Blackbird and Robin nest in, so will have to wait till autumn.

advertisement

Back