advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Just finished my first walk in new boots. The old ones are being pensioned off after two years of sterling service due to an unwanted two-inch ventilation hole having opened up at the left-hand toe end. Still, they’ve covered over 3,000 miles in that time at a cost of well under 2p/mile. So I was very pleased to find a similarly-specced pair from the same manufacturer at the same price in a local farmers’ supplies store this week.

20240413193920-7dc70c0e.jpg

lovely day yesterday on our anniversary. Went to see my parents - at least Dad can converse now he has decided his hearing aids are more than an ornament.

Into The very best London, few pints sat in the sunshine, cocktails and then a lovely meal in a German restaurant, few more cocktails....

Now back home after the train..

For some reason our younger dog, Mabel, thinks Sundays are for rolling in sh1t. 3rd Sunday on the trot I’ve had to shower her when we’ve got home.

Cheers BB

gardening to prepare for new driveway being done this week at our place . been waiting months but he has had a queue of bus garages and jobs to do . tarmacas in great demand it seems

Walked a few miles early ish am, nice double macchiato and a home cooked gf cake. Bumped into an old work mucker/friend and a quick catch up. Lunch fridge raid, watching the Spurs ladies and selecting records to play.
I am so happy to be retired and leave so much shite behind me. I am not I incontinent BTW.

Up early for a fast 12k run in preparation for the marathon next Sunday. That's the training over.
Drove over to visit mum, and sis was there too which was great. Then on to dad's care home....fast asleep, not looking good.
Then walked to the pub for some prehydration (see above).
Few jobs around the house and then watched the Arsenal game (not sure why, I hate football).
Now finishing off a bottle of shiraz, the last for a week! (see above).

Went to a concert for Karl Jenkins’ 80th birthday celebrations today. Bridgewater Hall. Did a few of the old warhorses, plus the entire second half for The Armed Man. Quite moving in places.

Manchester marathon today, too, so the tram was full of tired looking, very fit people, on the way home.

Finishing the fencing job while waiting for my Amazon delivery of some Technics ear buds (to replace some Sennheiser Momentum 3 that stopped working, sent back for repair, no word back after 4 weeks so they refunded).

I missed the first attempt of delivery yesterday while digging the fence post out. Managed to get the delivery today....but when I opened the box, it contained...
ArkiFACE FO_29938 Penguin Partners for Life Ornament | 2pcs. 218g, Hat Duck 11cm white.grey https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08245QS1N?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Phoned Amazon, had a rant about the obvious switch of high value items for crap by dishonest warehouse staff (I can't agree with her that it was an 'error') with a rep who was very difficult to understand, and the line was poor....got a refund (again), plus £15 for my 'inconvenience'...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
what grim weather outside - so glad i am WFH today - for my last day before a week off. Flying to Belfast on Weds morning for a few days.......expect more grim weather.....staying at Heathrow tomorrow night so we don't have a crazy panic with the random M25 on Wednesday morning.

Sennheiser customer service is second to none. Just saying.
they are - and their outlet shop can offer some bargains. My new head phones (Sennheiser Momentum 4 wireless) were apparently open box but untouched - were £70 less than Amazon. Sennheiser customer service were excellent in answering my questions.

'orrid weather, sods law as upped my steps for the last couple of weeks and really got into a rhythm.
still on a quest to buy a raincoat, have to return one to John Lewis in Welwyn as too small and refused to order another as they as not cheap and who knows if it will fit. waiting for refunds is always slow ime.

Gave my The Daughter a lift home. Gave her lovely black Lab a bit of fuss as he has recently had his balls chopped off. Bizarre weather with hailstones, clear blue skies and 4° C. brrr.

an idiot pulled out in front of me (Mercedes) at a local roundabout, I gave him a longer than is normal car horn hoot, as is traditional. I do believe that the middle aged man cussed, but didn’t give any delicate hand gestures. He looked like Lee Anderson, so I should add that I felt no pity at his stupidity.

Sorting records for Headway charity most of the rest of the day.

advertisement

Back