advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Cheaper than a glass of Sancerre at £20 in Mayfair
But it looked like this right?

giant-wine-glass-4.jpg

Funny old day. Weather pretty miserable all day. The boy did the rememberence day march down to the village war memorial with Air Cadets. Then at 1pm, we met my sister at the cemetery to celebrate what would have been my mum's 100th birthday. Always a bit of a difficult time, as she took her own life in 1982, the week before my 21st birthday. She had mental health issues caused by ongoing long illness. We celebrated with a couple of her favorites - Black Magic chocolates and sherry, although I passed on the sherry, as I hate the taste.

Picked up some stuff to cook chicken parmigiana tonight, as requested by the boy.

Nippy out.

Excellent Moto3 race, not seen Moto2 or MotoGp yet.

The Daughter and her Man came over and removed a ton of their junk that they have stored in our loft for a year.
They have lots of storage space now they have moved house.

Daughter is coming over Tuesday evening specifically to listen to music. I always enjoy our shared Listening sessions, Daughter has an excellent Ear and we often remark on an aspect of the music or reproduction that we notice. Most importantly, she usually agrees with me :D Daughter has a wide range of musical tastes, so apart from Mark Stewart/Throbbing Gristle type stuff she digs it.

Something with mashed potatoes later. Probably cabbage (Dutch White) as well. Potentially scraps for Bubble & Squeak if we don’t scoff the lot - although I prefer Savoy or Spring Greens with in Bubble… Easy to sneak spinach in.

Walked passed it, didn’t stay too long as the weather forecast lied. Will return on a brighter day in the future. Going to a dog friendly pub for dinner later, recommended by our hosts.

Cheers BB

we've spent 3 Christmas's there. The food at the Swan is excellent in the restaurant as are the rooms. You can do an Adnams brewery tour or the distillery tour. The Santa swim is a site to behold. There is a nice walk to a pub in Walberswick. don't recall it's name, but it was defo dog friendly.

Now in the new Millenium bar on Park Lane. £23 but nicer.
Late lunch in Jacuzi, Kensington. Fun place!
Pics later.

Moved on to Pegasus in Berkeley Square
Similar prices per glass but had a look at the wine list, jeez…..some approaching £10K per bottle!

Spent all day clearing out Dad's garage. He's not passed on, but won't be in the garage again.
Lots of junk but a few things worth trying to sell - welder, pillar drill, generator, trailer etc.
And loads of old tools, which I suspect will head to landfill.
A starting pistol which scared the hell out of me when I found it and just pulled the trigger.....to find it was 'live'.
Some old WW2 stuff - radios, headphones, a box full of valves - put them on one side.
A few bits and pieces I'd want to keep - things I remember as a child - some toys, holiday momentos, grandparents things etc.
Strange day.

Spent all day clearing out Dad's garage. He's not passed on, but won't be in the garage again.
Lots of junk but a few things worth trying to sell - welder, pillar drill, generator, trailer etc.
And loads of old tools, which I suspect will head to landfill.
A starting pistol which scared the hell out of me when I found it and just pulled the trigger.....to find it was 'live'.
Some old WW2 stuff - radios, headphones, a box full of valves - put them on one side.
A few bits and pieces I'd want to keep - things I remember as a child - some toys, holiday momentos, grandparents things etc.
Strange day.
When I cleared out my late father’s shed last year, I found that the local branch of the “Men’s Shed” mental health charity were glad to take the tools.

Moved on to Pegasus in Berkeley Square
Similar prices per glass but had a look at the wine list, jeez…..some approaching £10K per bottle!
Correction..,..it was the Brooklands bar in the new Peninsula Hotel! Fantastic rooftop bar in a stunning new hotel with views of London's skyline

Last edited:

advertisement

Back