advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Last night lovely dinner at Fischer's in Marylebone

This morning, rather pleasant Eggs Benedict in our Baker Street Hotel. Perfectly cooked poached eggs (I think they may have been bought in pre-poached)......very nice regardless

Last night lovely dinner at Fischer's in Marylebone

This morning, rather pleasant Eggs Benedict in our Baker Street Hotel. Perfectly cooked poached eggs (I think they may have been bought in pre-poached)......very nice regardless
Is it chilly in the greatest London or is it a shorts & t job?;)

A poor night’s sleep. Head full of uninvited crap that wouldn’t leave when asked. At 3:00 a.m. I made some tea, which was a good idea. Fell asleep again by 4:30 a.m. Awake at 7…

This evening I have my best mate over for music and beers. He has been in France, involved in some art project - looking forward to hearing about his adventures. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

A nice sunny morning today, but chilly. The Field looks sodden. The mini-stream that runs down our lane when the rain is heavy has subsided. The Wood Pigeons are sat on electricity cables and look like musical notes.

Our eldest Granddaughter will be 14 years old tomorrow. This marking of time is unwelcome, I still have a problem realising that I am in my late fifties. I am keen to continue to never ‘act my age.’

Going out with the mother-in-law to a Carvery today - not been to one for years. I hope to eat at least three different animals.

I am going to spend an hour today adjusting all the clocks. Ought to work out just about perfectly.

Joe

Barry,

The time adjustment used to happen in late October. Now it’s in November.

Two questions? Why do we do this. Why did we do this?

Joe

Barry,

The time adjustment used to happen in late October. Now it’s in November.

Two questions? Why do we do this. Why did we do this?

Joe
Two very good questions. I seem to remember much whinging from some Scots when it was suggested to leave the UK on BST (GMT+1) all the year round, something to do with not seeing daylight until 10am.

I presume you follow the US in your change weekend? I realised they were different to the UK when the start time for the Met Opera broadcast changed for a couple of weeks in the spring.

National Anthem: Verse 6:

Lord grant that Marshal Wade, may by thy mighty aid,
victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the King!

Swearing at the petrol cap in my car before finally getting it open and the car fuelled up. Too fiddly.
Disassembling my neighbours laptop which I think is on it's way to the great reycyling centre in the sky.
Planning laundry for when I go to Dallas in a few days.
Aaand having a glass of vino.

Took the front pads off the Qashqai, and applied some copper grease under the anti squeal shims....seems to be working for now.

Then took off the front wheels from the CX5 to give them a proper clean on the insides, which you can't get to in a normal clean. Ran out of wheel cleaner, so the backs will have to wait.

advertisement

Back