advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear this, hope it works out OK. We've a lot of animals and all are pets, had to have a goose put to sleep on Monday... we hatched it out of an egg in our incubator 3 years ago and while not a dog/cat level of pet it was still part of our extended family. Animals are amazing and so rewarding, but it's heartbreaking when they get sick.

Thanks too tiggers, she’s our first dog and has literally changed our lives, they do give lots.

I fear for my wife, Mitzi (Lhasa’) is so close to her, be very hard for her if we get bad news.

Thanks too tiggers, she’s our first dog and has literally changed our lives, they do give lots.

I fear for my wife, Mitzi (Lhasa’) is so close to her, be very hard for her if we get bad news.

This will seem daft and maybe not quite appropriate but if the worse happens get another one asap. It was the best advice I was ever given. I lost my 21 yo cat in 1999 and swore I wouldn't get another, but everyone said to do so and I soon got a kitten and it was the best thing I could have done.... Jack was with me until 2 years ago.... now got two more :D

Pre-Op appointment today.
Reinforced how much I dislike being in hospitals nowadays.

The person doing my e.c.g. remarked that maybe I was very fit as my pulse was low (<60 bpm)
Pleasing as I was trying to relax as the man shaved hair off of my chest to get his e.c.g. stickers to stick. I remarked that it would seriously affect my modelling career. :)

Granddaughter is coming over to make scones with her Granny. Double cream and strawberry conserve purchased to accompany scones. Looking forward to seeing her/scones.

Something is affecting The Wife in a negative way, we think it is the ancient grains bread that we have been eating for a couple of weeks. ? Trying different bread in the hope it settles her tummy.

Not in the mood for music again. I don’t like it when my head is in this place.

This will seem daft and maybe not quite appropriate but if the worse happens get another one asap. It was the best advice I was ever given. I lost my 21 yo cat in 1999 and swore I wouldn't get another, but everyone said to do so and I soon got a kitten and it was the best thing I could have done.... Jack was with me until 2 years ago.... now got two more :D

Thanks again, no I don’t see it as daft or inappropriate, just fact. It’s crossed my mind this morning too.

Literally just had the vet call us, she appears to be losing the fight, her white blood cells are seemingly unable to deal with the infection, also, her temperature was low (at 10:15am) and is still reducing despite all efforts to bring back up, so not looking good at all.

:D ha , I only found out what a Brazilian was recently...The beauty parlour had a big sign in the window advertising them !!

One of our relatives specified they wanted their ashes scattered in a certain place , so surveying that place today.

4 weeks ago I was lowering some ashes of another friend into grave . Rather easier than scattering in public places !!

One of our relatives specified they wanted their ashes scattered in a certain place , so surveying that place today.

4 weeks ago I was lowering some ashes of another friend into grave . Rather easier than scattering in public places !!

we had to get permission to scatter at sea. It was in particular coastal waters though

Commanded to make a boot rack to go in the scullery for Signora. Specc'ed up some MDF, and bits and pieces, and by the time I'd priced them up, I found an ideal flatpack unit ready to go at Homebase for a fraction of the price. I'm boggered if I'm going to make from scratch. All installed now, and major Brownie points

Aaarggh
Adobe Creative Cloud updates today - Photoshop updated to 2022 version, which also seemed to remove the previous versions which previous updates hadn't . Tried to open it "Photoshop failed to initiate due to a disk error". Looked at their help pages, uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, download fails at 40%, and then again at 16%. Open Chat with Adobe help, give them remote access. Fails to download again, so they uninstall Creative Cloud and try to re-install, doesn't work. They try an alternative which does download but then wants to update, update fails. Try and get some work done on the work laptop and keep an eye on them poking about. Eventually they decide to try downloading latest Windows update. Tell me to restart and reconnect. Bloody PC restarts but doesn't boot - all I have is the monitor's native screen. Contact Adobe on the laptop let them know can't continue but guy says he has no way of telling the person I was dealing with.
so not just no photoshop but no PC. Machine is getting on a bit (apart from the graphics card added fairly recently) and can't afford to get it looked at just now.

Thanks again, no I don’t see it as daft or inappropriate, just fact. It’s crossed my mind this morning too.

Literally just had the vet call us, she appears to be losing the fight, her white blood cells are seemingly unable to deal with the infection, also, her temperature was low (at 10:15am) and is still reducing despite all efforts to bring back up, so not looking good at all.
Sorry to hear that, thinking of you. It’s gutting, been there as I said.

‘Every Marchbanks worth his salt knows you can never have too much Rochefort in the cellar’ I still remember Great-Aunt Hedwige saying as she used to dandle me on her knee, pull out my dummy, dunk it in her glass of 10 and pop it back into my mouth with a satisfying (to me) squelch. She was descended from the Belgian branch of the family, and famous for being able to tumble the full length of the staircase into the Great Hall then stand up again without a drop from her glass having been spilt.

I thought fondly of Heddy today in the Vanuxeem Beer Warehouse, which was the source of this booty (if you like Belgian beer and are ever in the area - about half an hour’s drive north of Lille - you really must visit) - although she probably wouldn’t have approved of my wimping out and buying a crate or two of 8 as well.

51632694632_5f4239068c_z.jpg

Last edited:
‘Every Marchbanks worth his salt knows you can never have too much Rochefort in the cellar’ I still remember Great-Aunt Hedwige saying to me as she used to dandle me on her knee, pull out my dummy, dunk it in her glass of 10 and pop it back into my mouth with a satisfying (to me) squelch. She was descended from the Belgian branch of the family, and was famous for being able to tumble the full length of the staircase into Great Hall and stand up again without a drop from her glass having been spilt.

I thought fondly of Heddy today in the Vanuxeem Beer Warehouse, which is the source of this booty (if you like Belgian beer and are ever in the area - about half an hour’s drive north of Lille - you really must visit) - although she probably wouldn’t have approved of my wimping out and buying a case or two of 8 as well.

51632694632_5f4239068c_z.jpg

Your day was considerably more productive than mine!

Today I have mainly been contemplating "I ache therefore I am".

That's because yesterday I was mainly climbing into and crawling around shallow roof space to clean out and flush the wet side of the central heating in preparation for winter. This year with a de-scaling treatment as well.

My poor quadriceps clearly did not appreciate the unaccustomed exercise. I am hoping some painkillers will aid sleep and recovery overnight. Anyway, there's some fascinating Luciano Berio on the system and a semi-decent pinot noir to hopefully see off a day of discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back