advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, we were mostly searching for the site of a Royal Hunting Lodge. Not much left of it now, but apparently, it was right here….

51745660957_29759ec5c2_z.jpg

I could be standing in the same spot as a noble knight of yesteryear. Or a grubby little peasant. Hard to be sure

Surely you mean grubby knight and noble peasant? ;)

To be fair, we did have some good days too, but it’s the disasters that have stuck in my memory. Our mother sensibly decided to stay at home with the excuse that she needed to look after the dog.

found some Bavette that's been in the freezer for about 4 years, nice cooked rare with some chimichurri and other stuff

I would like to thank those who responded to my post yesterday, it does help to unload in a safe environment. Just being to share my experiences is so helpful. Yesterday was a stressful day. Been coping better today, life is definitely a rollercoaster at the moment.

Got the results of a biopsy......except that there were no results because they cocked up. To be re done mid January by big boss man this time.

Been out in the garden. Such a mild day, especially for December. Cut the grass :rolleyes:, cut back the fushia round the pond and then cleared some leaves out of the pond. Glad to see that the net caught some dragonfly larvae. I don't mind a few, but the pond seems to be infested with them, and they're aggressive little bu**ers. The tadpoles don't stand a chance !

Cutting the grass felt a bit strange; the neighbour died a couple of weeks ago. All through the summer he'd copied me; if I started up the mower, so did he. It was strange to know that he wasn't there to jump to it.

Got the results of a biopsy......except that there were no results because they cocked up. To be re done mid January by big boss man this time.

It's not good when that happens. My pal has what he calls the lodger in his bowel. He has had a few similar experiences with inconclusive biopsies repeated scans etc. Hopefully he gets his operation in January.

I hope you get sorted out soon.

I cycled out to the coast for a beer. No Rochefort 10, sadly, but Westmalle Tripel was a decent alternative. At 9.5%, approaching the same strength too. Only ten days before Xmas, but still just warm enough to sit out on the terrace among the artificial fir trees watching the fishermen wading waist-deep in the estuary below.

51748839458_a35abe9019.jpg

I view see you as Pinkfish's very own Lady Gaga Marchbanks. So stylish and chic.
You’re too kind. I do my best not to let such compliments go to my head. But doesn’t that involve wearing bacon or somesuch?

(It’s a good job you couldn’t see the paint-splattered, grass-stained, ragged-hemmed gardening/cycling trousers I was sporting. Although the waistcoat was a blue velvet number. Rather spiffy, even if I say so myself.)

Last edited:
It's not good when that happens. My pal has what he calls the lodger in his bowel. He has had a few similar experiences with inconclusive biopsies repeated scans etc. Hopefully he gets his operation in January.

I hope you get sorted out soon.
Thanks, appreciated. I get the impression that it is not a major problem and may even not be a problem at all but they need to be sure.

Last edited:
At 03.30 this morning I realised today would be a challenge, when our 7 month old Springer decided it was time to be up, about and play.
Calmed that down, but 05.30 meant no way was she going back to sleep.
In work for 06.30, got through the usual emails from clients who need the impossible today, and miracles yesterday.
Chased a bunch of stuff late on courier, told a supplier to actually get the stuff he said was on the carrier physically out of his warehouse . etc etc.
Meeting with a few reps not seen since lockdown 1, (big F1 fans, so we had a long putting the world to rights there)
All in all a mundane, un-inspiring kinda day with zero highlights.
Decided a double espresso at 14.30 was in order as I was getting drowsy.
Sat down and read this thread.
Woke up with one hell of a jolt.
My day/week/year had/has been precisly zilch comapred to what one guy is going through.
The courage required to type ' I brought my wife last christmas card' is simply staggering.
The rest is simply beyond comprehension to me.
I packed up work, went home and gave my wife a big hug.
She told me the news of one of our daughter has tonsillitis, and one has tested +ve for CV.
That pales into insignificance.
Important yes, but..

CCT - my heart goes out to you.

Had the carpet fitted in the lounge so moved back some furniture, tv, 2nd hifi etc. New sofa arrives on Saturday.

We then pulled all of the Christmas decorations out of the storage cupboards and wondered what we were going to do with it all. We downsized this year and knew that nothing would go in the new house where it went in the new house. The music room is now full of boxes. Deep joy. We still haven't unpacked everything yet but at least all these were just full of Christmas related things.

We decided that the 8' tree that was in the old conservatory was going in the new lounge and the 6' lounge tree was going in the music room. We put the latter up and decorated it and left the rest of the boxes untouched.

I woke up at 12ish, couldn't go back to sleep so went back down and assembled the lounge tree ready to be decorated in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back