advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Dune at the iMax Odeon Mansfield. Good film. Best thing tho was the refit of screen 1 with iMax incl sound. Very impressive. Cineworld Nottm has been relegated!

A) Good to hear that Dune has one positive review. I like the original film, and after seeing the 1984 film several times (we have it on DvD) I almost understand it. I will watch the 1984 Lynch film again before trying the new film.

B) Good to hear that Mansfield iMax is worth a visit. Haven’t been to the Odeon in Mans. for ages as we like the Showcase Cinema de lux in Lenton, Nottm. (all seats huge recliners and lots of space) We will give it a go.

Our other favourite local cinema is Broadway in Nottingham
https://www.broadway.org.uk/

Been going there for decades. I saw the premiere of Pulp Fiction there. (Tarantino likes Broadway cinema ;) )
It is also where The Wife and I first met :) - I hope they still do food and drinks, it was a nice space.

Just returned from collecting her and the vet said everything went well. She hasn’t eaten since Thursday so he is concerned so if she doesn’t eat by tomorrow evening we’ll have to take her back for reassessment.

She has Meloxaid and Noroclav for medication, the liquid one isn’t a problem but she isn’t very cooperative with the rather large pill I’m expected to give to her twice a day.

She had very severe Pyometra and lost her Ovaries and Uterus as everything closed up swollen with a very nasty infection and the fluid builds and builds inside with no release so another 12-24hrs she could have been a goner.

Thank you for your replies, having to wait to hear how it went until 10am this morning was nerve wracking to say the least.

Good to hear, eevo, here's hoping all continues to improve. Our dog is a Labrador, we have no trouble getting her to take medication, we just pretend it's a treat!

Today I have mostly been tidying up the workshop/office complex (a garage) while listening to Radio Paradise loud while quietly having a beer. Might've over done it on the beer, I actually started to enjoy Neil Young

Just back from Dune at the cinema.
Best version by far in my opinion.
Looking forward to part two.

Today I have mostly been tidying up the workshop/office complex (a garage) while listening to Radio Paradise loud while quietly having a beer. Might've over done it on the beer, I actually started to enjoy Neil Young
Did Neil have an electric guitar? Then what you heard was correct, he really is great. Did he have an acoustic? Then well, yes, possibly too much beer.

Her partner loves the original film.

What I would say is there is little comparison with the original film. I'm not as wed to the original as some are. I liked the vastness of the new film, and also the sound was amazing. I'll not spoil the story, for obvious reasons.

Tickly cough persisting now. Been LFT’ing daily, so nothing serious predicted.

Wasted trip to Nottm today - Three rang saying my new phone was in. Got there, wrong phone (max, not 13 pro).

:rolleyes:

preparing for the validation of a new online degree tomorrow. Preparing for an accreditation visit next week. Appraisals ongoing.

What I would say is there is little comparison with the original film. I'm not as wed to the original as some are. I liked the vastness of the new film, and also the sound was amazing. I'll not spoil the story, for obvious reasons.
I think it’s the best Dune yet.

Had a bad night/morning, our dog is very poorly, at the vets now, prognosis not brilliant, Mrs is distraught.

So sorry to hear this, hope it works out OK. We've a lot of animals and all are pets, had to have a goose put to sleep on Monday... we hatched it out of an egg in our incubator 3 years ago and while not a dog/cat level of pet it was still part of our extended family. Animals are amazing and so rewarding, but it's heartbreaking when they get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back