advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the morning grading records, and throwing some away. Despite throwing away 1000’s of records, I still hate it, especially when they are spotless. Still, I recycled some inners and card sleeves.
Maybe find another use that may sell amongst hipsters in your charity shop?

Maybe find another use that may sell amongst hipsters in your charity shop?

Very old idea, amazed @hifinutt that you haven’t seen this before! I made a fruit bowl from an album in the late 1970’s…

The folks buying records in the shop that I have seen are about as far away from Hipster as possible. I am sure they exist though.

The people that I have seen follow no stereotype, but definitely more Men than Women.

Years ago I tried to give my mate who was an Art teacher, a few hundred useless records to use with his Art foundation course students. Not hip enough. He was more interested in getting animal skulls.

Very old idea, amazed @hifinutt that you haven’t seen this before! I made a fruit bowl from an album in the late 1970’s…

The folks buying records in the shop that I have seen are about as far away from Hipster as possible. I am sure they exist though.

The people that I have seen follow no stereotype, but definitely more Men than Women.

Years ago I tried to give my mate who was an Art teacher, a few hundred useless records to use with his Art foundation course students. Not hip enough. He was more interested in getting animal skulls.
I've recently got a fox skull. Found a roadkill fox about 6 weeks ago. Put it over a wall in a hedge bottom. Went back this week, the hedge bottom is now a stream and the skull clean. In fact it has deteriorated very quickly, the fragile parts are far more eroded than you would expect after that time. Really interesting thing though.

I've recently got a fox skull. Found a roadkill fox about 6 weeks ago. Put it over a wall in a hedge bottom. Went back this week, the hedge bottom is now a stream and the skull clean. In fact it has deteriorated very quickly, the fragile parts are far more eroded than you would expect after that time. Really interesting thing though.

My friend had loads of different skulls on a garden wall, sheep, goats etc. anything he could find. His Wife is an artist as well, and she used to spend a lot of time on Skye at her Aunts house. She used to find lots of stuff washed up on the shore.

The only bit of bone I have is my own (steady on !!!) that was removed from my knee. It is a big bit.
Over-ossification at a trauma site, I will probably (k)need a bit more cutting off at some point.

I used to joke about wanting the large piece of skull that is missing from my head for an ashtray or chopsticks rest. Some Surgeons are not keen on giving you bits back that they have cut out, probably a rule about it…

That reminds me of the time I worked in Maternity. Usually the placenta from a birth was stuck in a freezer and Boots pharmaceuticals took them away, the Mothers had no idea this was going on.
I am not sure whether there was a kick-back involved? Seemed dodgy to me.

Never met a woman who ate her placenta, but I believe it is highly nutritious.

went for a lovely walk on the outskirts of the city , so lovely to see pigs on the farm , sheep , bunnies in the hedge , snails and lots of other wildlife . very refreshing

Where did you go Phil - south Brum or North? I'm always on the lookout for good walks, I had a wander in Sutton park today, nice to get a bit of Autumn sun.

As the street urchins’ cries of ‘Oi, Dumbledore!’ get more and more frequent, I thought it was time to fill the post of Wizard’s Familiar. I decided an Eagle Owl would possess suitable gravitas, and as this young chap seemed to have what it takes...

51569641278_58ce45673c_z.jpg

...he was summoned forward for a face-to-face interview. Where do you see yourself in two years’ time? Where would you say your weaknesses lie?

51569396616_32c4506351_z.jpg

He looks quite at home on your arm!

cooking a venison and mushroom stew with juniper and port. Found the venison at the back of the freezer, could've been there about 2 years or more

Lazy morning, followed by a pleasant brunch.

We went out for a drive(!). Stopped off at a Nursery in the village a few miles up the road. Mrs S bought some bulbs for the garden.

We pulled out to carry on up the road only to be stopped by a police car, the road was blocked further up due to an accident*. We turned round and went to find a cafe in the grounds of a local manor house.

We had some tea and some slightly disappointing Dorset Apple Cake (a bit dry and not very applely) and sat out in the pleasant garden.

They had an African Spurred Tortoise called Percy who seemed to be enjoying the autumn sunshine.

*Sadly there was a fatality.

work, reading MSc student project reports. Approving VL pay claims.

Making a rather nice store cupboard onion and potato soup for lunch.

Packaged and posted a couple of albums that I sold over the weekend. Shoved in a couple of extra albums as package stiffeners.

The Wife made a fab fish pie yesterday, loads left, so same again today.

We are looking after our Grandson this afternoon. Going to feed him a fig, see if he likes it.
Also going to play a game of Rat,Hat,Cat - which is always fun, maybe fit in a couple of episodes of Bagpuss, which we have on DvD.

Youngest Son is driving up from the Isle O Wight for a visit. Looking forward to seeing The Boy. Guessing he is still as thin as a lat.

Got an operation date for my ‘downstairs’ issue, but we have to change it as The Wife is away at her parents that day. Stopped taking Baclofen for a week, pain came back with a vengeance, so whether I like it or not, the surgery is warranted. Balls.

will you have to go back on the waiting list if you postpone ?

rebooked the pre-surgery consultation. I think because the condition is rare, the surgeon is keen.

I have a concern that the surgery may not sort out the issue. I will voice my concerns at the pre-op chat. After nearly two years of this pain I will be glad to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back